Save up to 24% Off Your Power Bill

It’s no secret the cost of energy is adding to our already stretched household budgets. It's why so many SDC members are making a bid to rein in those spiralling power costs.

It makes sense when you consider that energy prices across Australia have risen by over 30% within the last 12 months—on top of the 20% rise last year. And it doesn’t look like they’ll be going down anytime soon, either.

In fact, experts say* we've not seen the end of energy price hikes for 2023/2024—for electricity as well as gas.

Let’s now couple that with other rising costs of living, and it’s no wonder many of us are likely feeling the financial squeeze right now.

What can you do?

There’s still time to discover the best option for you (with a little bit of help*).

If your wallet could do with a helping hand, Compare Club’s experts* might have just the offer: How about putting up to $520 back in your pocket*?

22885-shutterstock_691881178 (1) (1).jpeg
Don’t waste money on an overpriced energy plan. Image Credit: Shutterstock

How?

The team at Compare Club* can help you find an energy plan that’s up to 24% lower* than the current reference price—which means slashing at least one cost of living pressure for you in 2023. It’s a helping hand so many Aussies need.

Switching is smart

You might be wondering, why would you switch? Well, finding a cheaper energy plan* is the fastest and most effective way to save on your energy bills amid this year’s price hike.

With soaring costs, it pays to check out your options. Compare Club’s energy experts do the hard work for you.* They’ll help you switch to save—and even take care of your paperwork*.

Why Compare Club?*

You get the peace of mind that comes with working with trusted professionals who are based in Australia and have years of experience*.

The team at Compare Club* will make sure you have the energy plan you need while paying a price you’re comfortable with*.

So, if you’re sick of endlessly researching energy providers, are looking to save money or simply find a plan better suited to your needs, Compare Club is ready to help*.

It’s worth comparing your energy plan* to see if you can save money. You won’t lose anything by comparing; you only stand to save*! After all, if you don’t like the quote you receive from Compare Club*, you don’t have to do anything.

Click here to get started and see how much you could save.*

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!

Sponsored
Exactly what I do.
Everyone in the house has been banned from using hot water (gas) except for showering .
The rate per Kg of gas goes up so the usage must go down to even the balance.
It will get to the stage where we shower once per month instead of once per fortnight.
what a way to live....and they call it a electricity. SERVICE

Reactions: IAN3005
I live in a rental and am extremely lucky that it has solar ! Monthly bills with my Gov discount have been less than $5 last month they paid me 13 cents. My rent just went up by $70 a week but worth it as if I moved I’d be paying the same rent plus huge electricity bills. I’m in QLD with Alinta

It’s no secret the cost of energy is adding to our already stretched household budgets. It's why so many SDC members are making a bid to rein in those spiralling power costs.

It makes sense when you consider that energy prices across Australia have risen by over 30% within the last 12 months—on top of the 20% rise last year. And it doesn’t look like they’ll be going down anytime soon, either.

In fact, experts say* we've not seen the end of energy price hikes for 2023/2024—for electricity as well as gas.

Let’s now couple that with other rising costs of living, and it’s no wonder many of us are likely feeling the financial squeeze right now.

What can you do?

There’s still time to discover the best option for you (with a little bit of help*).

If your wallet could do with a helping hand, Compare Club’s experts* might have just the offer: How about putting up to $520 back in your pocket*?

View attachment 30553

How?

The team at Compare Club* can help you find an energy plan that’s up to 24% lower* than the current reference price—which means slashing at least one cost of living pressure for you in 2023. It’s a helping hand so many Aussies need.

Switching is smart

You might be wondering, why would you switch? Well, finding a cheaper energy plan* is the fastest and most effective way to save on your energy bills amid this year’s price hike.

With soaring costs, it pays to check out your options. Compare Club’s energy experts do the hard work for you.* They’ll help you switch to save—and even take care of your paperwork*.

Why Compare Club?*

You get the peace of mind that comes with working with trusted professionals who are based in Australia and have years of experience*.

The team at Compare Club* will make sure you have the energy plan you need while paying a price you’re comfortable with*.

So, if you’re sick of endlessly researching energy providers, are looking to save money or simply find a plan better suited to your needs, Compare Club is ready to help*.

It’s worth comparing your energy plan* to see if you can save money. You won’t lose anything by comparing; you only stand to save*! After all, if you don’t like the quote you receive from Compare Club*, you don’t have to do anything.

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!--YES you can reduce wasting your money on electricity, BUT also the biggest culprit is the prices the companies charge to start with.

I live in a rental and am extremely lucky that it has solar ! Monthly bills with my Gov discount have been less than $5 last month they paid me 13 cents. My rent just went up by $70 a week but worth it as if I moved I’d be paying the same rent plus huge electricity bills. I’m in QLD with Alinta
You are in an enviable position June E: Congratulations.

What can you do?

View attachment 30553

How?

Switching is smart

Why Compare Club?*

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!
We only have one supplier so there is nothing we can do about it.

Reactions: Ezzy
my gas and hot water plus heating was fantastic used to be around $100 -$120 per quarter for gas and electric around $230 Now $861 last bill just for electric (lights radio and tv ,computer and phone only) I am waiting for my gas bill for stove heater and hot water ,I live in a 2 b/room house and live alone, if my last bill for elect went from $230 to$861, I shudder to think what my gas bill is going to be.. (and get a pensioner rebate $48 )
Is that with the govt subsidy? I think you need to look at another supplier. I recently changed to Red Energy & they suggested I change to a smart meter which charges at different rates throughout the day depending on demand (they gave me the times for changes). I have changed some of my routine, like having my hot meal in the middle of the day (cheaper rate), washing at night or weekend (very cheapest rates), etc. My 1st bill which included some from my previous company was $80 & my last one put me in credit to the tune of $35 with govt subsidy & aged subsidy. '

It also pays to check regularly if there is a better option available. I had to ring Red Energy a couple of days ago about a separate issue & while talking to the helpful young man he suggested he check to see if there was a better rate available. There was. It's not a big difference (except for daily rate which dropped considerably) but every little help.s

Medical practitioners tell older people to keep warm in winter and to stay cool in summer. How are we supposed to do this with power so expensive even with pensioner discounts.

What can you do?

View attachment 30553

How?

Switching is smart

Why Compare Club?*

Save up to 24% Off Your Power Bill.​

DON'T TURN THE BASTARD ON?​

What can you do?

View attachment 30553

How?

Switching is smart

Why Compare Club?*

The whole region i live in has ONE power company and if anyone else dares to try to encroach on their turf the power company chases them off!
So switching is USELESS!

Save up to 24% Off Your Power Bill.​

DON'T TURN THE BASTARD ON?​

If it weren't for the fridge and the computer then that is what would happen... off between 8:30 pm to 6:30pm the following day.

Beware the "cooling off period". I was assured the new company's rate was better so I switched. At the time I had no internet access. When I had the chance to check I found out it wasn't so I tried to cancel and found out I had been immediately transferred to the new company and if I wanted to revert I would have to get the old company to initiate it, which they would do, but at their current rate.

I encourage everyone to switch every 12 months - even more often.

I recently signed up on the AGL Seniors Plan and found out within a couple of bills that I was actually paying more than my previous plan! Within 6 months I was gone.
I was just put on this plan and was told it's the best plan. Could it be that the electricity just went up

Beware the "cooling off period". I was assured the new company's rate was better so I switched. At the time I had no internet access. When I had the chance to check I found out it wasn't so I tried to cancel and found out I had been immediately transferred to the new company and if I wanted to revert I would have to get the old company to initiate it, which they would do, but at their current rate.
Mogeral swine... can't trust anyone.... all after 'the buck'.... and commission....

Compare club is useless, only supported by those who pay to be "compared"
Enjoy the "promised" power cuts that just keep going up and up and current govt does not honour what they promised

We only have one power company so can’t do much about it .
Tassie only has one supplier also, but costs aren’t too bad. We contribute into our hydro account & have been in credit for ages. We can skip or adjust payment amount if the amount builds up, I Was advised to do this by a friend when Ted finally retired. Our house is all electric apart from gas hot water. Our barbecue is also connected to natural gas so we’re okay in power breaks but fortunately we have very few. Thought Tasmania had the cheapest power in the country, goes to show you can’t take much notice of Liberal governments.

I recently switched to Amber and have found that they are much much cheaper than many of the others as they base their system on the wholesales prices of electricity, so i am a very happy customer as my power bills have HALVED in the last two bills i have received.