Dingonw2

Jun 3, 2024
My Gov scam

here is a scam going where a myGov email is sent to you , it takes you to a docusign site if you click it they get access to your my gov account , change your banking details to a UBank account they set up in your name and then get an advance payment from Centrelink as well as your next payment before you realise you have been hacked and you get no money in your account on pension day. Then they will try the same if you have a PayPal account.

Not sure about ATO but Centrelink works on a Sunday when they're trying to catch up.
None of these organisations send a direct email like that. The closest you might get is an email telling you that there is a secure email for you in your MyGov account. They do not provide links. They want you to log in yourself through your MyGov app or online.

Do not forget the current labor government want to do away with cash payments which in turn forces people into the credit card trap. which of course the banks love as it is the best cash cow they ever had apart from the way they jack up housing loans as soon as the reserve bank increases the rate. Gee Banks & Insurance companies I would trust a King Brown snake more than either .But the government also falls into my total lack of trust They tied to have the Australia card. But now they have My Gov every week or month Australians are told of some large company being hacked. These hackers are a damn sight smarter than our government so now they, the Australian government have the details of almost all Australians how easy it is for these very cleaver scammers/hackers to bypass the security and have access to our personal information .some of you will say no crazy talk but remember not long ago the ASIO had concerns about the people working at airports

These scams usually have a sending address that has nothing to do with the company they say that they are from. One would have to be a complete idiot not to realise that it is a scam.
Well it is refreshing that we have the knowledge of such a bright person like your self I believe some people on this site are of the age hat they may not be as literate as you are Yes I agree that some scams are easy to see But the last one I received was very well written & had some authentic headings so I forwarded it to the ministers office for their input as to its validity But once more Thank you wise one on behalf of all born before 1960

I would like to correct that; Centrelink may be open on any day of the week, but hardly ever they do any work at all.
On the occasions I have been required to use the C-link office I have noticed a large increase in new Australians, One I had an interview with when I tried to give him the paper work I was told by another person I must present said he did not need it he had all my information he was unable to give me any answers to my questions .I left him after getting no-were and was partially home when he phoned me to ask that I return to the C-link office as he needed the paperwork I was told he already had by himself he then took the paperwork to phot copy it but having done this & returning the papers to me these photo copies he had done all disappeared. It is quite that having worked with a small team of 27 I know how protected people in government jobs are So in frustration I contacted Mr. Bill Shortens office although I am not in his electoral area he did get me a very helpful lady who got it all sorted out I no longer bother to Waite 1.5 hours for C/link to contact me I now send my question directly to the relevant minister.

On the occasions I have been required to use the C-link office I have noticed a large increase in new Australians, One I had an interview with when I tried to give him the paper work I was told by another person I must present said he did not need it he had all my information he was unable to give me any answers to my questions .I left him after getting no-were and was partially home when he phoned me to ask that I return to the C-link office as he needed the paperwork I was told he already had by himself he then took the paperwork to phot copy it but having done this & returning the papers to me these photo copies he had done all disappeared. It is quite that having worked with a small team of 27 I know how protected people in government jobs are So in frustration I contacted Mr. Bill Shortens office although I am not in his electoral area he did get me a very helpful lady who got it all sorted out I no longer bother to Waite 1.5 hours for C/link to contact me I now send my question directly to the relevant minister.

Good idea to involve any government MP in dealings with center link that have become impossible to cope with, I have done this and my problem was solved very quickly, A girlfriend who had worked at center link for a number of years told me that they (Center link) lived in fear of getting a call from a particular MP in WA, so I wrote a detailed email to that same MP explaining my problem, apparently she (the MP) copied my email to the manager of my local branch of Center link and just included the words "Sort this" in the subject line, the next time I went into the office for an appointment the manager came and took over from the customer service rep that I was talking too, She told me how worried she had been at the MP"s message as she was known to be very scary to deal with unless her issue was dealt with in a timely manner apparently her idea of timely actually meant "right now or imediately", no problem for me my issue was dealt with very quickly at the end of the appointment having sorted everything to our mutual satisfaction the manager asked me to please contact her directly if I had any further concerns rather than message the same MP again, I must admit to having a rather bright smile on my face as I left!!

Do not forget the current labor government want to do away with cash payments which in turn forces people into the credit card trap. which of course the banks love as it is the best cash cow they ever had apart from the way they jack up housing loans as soon as the reserve bank increases the rate. Gee Banks & Insurance companies I would trust a King Brown snake more than either .But the government also falls into my total lack of trust They tied to have the Australia card. But now they have My Gov every week or month Australians are told of some large company being hacked. These hackers are a damn sight smarter than our government so now they, the Australian government have the details of almost all Australians how easy it is for these very cleaver scammers/hackers to bypass the security and have access to our personal information .some of you will say no crazy talk but remember not long ago the ASIO had concerns about the people working at airports
Do you honestly think it would be any different with an LNP government?

Think again....