They don't work any other day of the week either.
Be careful when doing your reporting there’s a scam on the line also “tells you to hang on and we’ll transfer you to the agency”with different music from the Centrelink music. I then rang the 133276 again to report and got through.ive been trying to report it to scamwatch.😊

Yep, it happened to me. I forgot the password to MyGov & it won't let me change my password cos "You already have an account" so it's been locked for a few years 🤷‍♀️

My next disability pension was due 23 May & never having any "treat" money, l don't touch or look in my bank account unless I'm paying bills, need staple groceries or one of many medical related bills 🥺

Saturday night, (25 May) l picked up a few necessary groceries & my card was declined. Went home, checked bank, no pension & only $13 in my account.

Monday l went to Centerlink & my account number was correct but the BSB had been changed. He changed it back to my BSB number & it took me going back in again a day later for my pension to go in 🙄

l do remember receiving an email from MyGov & with the Govt Utilities aid coming soon, l clicked to open the email but didn't click on the provided link to open MyGov. Also the address looked weird so l deleted it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Littleboy8
Well it is refreshing that we have the knowledge of such a bright person like your self I believe some people on this site are of the age hat they may not be as literate as you are Yes I agree that some scams are easy to see But the last one I received was very well written & had some authentic headings so I forwarded it to the ministers office for their input as to its validity But once more Thank you wise one on behalf of all born before 1960
🤣😂 well said! 👏👏

I can't believe the audacity of this person to call others a "complete idiot." This is a person l would never want to meet! What a horrible person! 😡

Oh the joys of hypocrisy....

Governments on both sides of the fence are very adept at it....
In principle I agree with the motto:

"Parliament is like a cesspool, the really big lumps float to the top!"

But I also know that, occasionally, a diamond gets flushed into a cesspool and gums up the works.

Do not forget the current labor government want to do away with cash payments which in turn forces people into the credit card trap. which of course the banks love as it is the best cash cow they ever had apart from the way they jack up housing loans as soon as the reserve bank increases the rate. Gee Banks & Insurance companies I would trust a King Brown snake more than either .But the government also falls into my total lack of trust They tied to have the Australia card. But now they have My Gov every week or month Australians are told of some large company being hacked. These hackers are a damn sight smarter than our government so now they, the Australian government have the details of almost all Australians how easy it is for these very cleaver scammers/hackers to bypass the security and have access to our personal information .some of you will say no crazy talk but remember not long ago the ASIO had concerns about the people working at airports
"Do not forget the current labor government want to do away with cash payments which in turn forces people into the credit card trap."

Indeed; as will any LNP government. And also cheques.

King Browns only bite in self-protection, or to eat small mammals.

Never hit reply or click a link in any email that is supposed to come from a government department.

Login to your account and check there for messages.
Just write a dated hand-written letter in reply and post it to the alleged Gov't Dept; but don't send money. Simply query the alleged bill/whatever.

If we all did that, it could well stir the possum.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I have received an enquiry from your Department concerning ZZZZZZZZ I believe this to be a misunderstanding about ZZZZZZZZ. Please explain.

Yours Faithfully,

XXXXXXXX"

You don't need to touch your computer or go into any depth of detail whilst writing your enquiry. Address it to The Director . If you wish, cc it to The Minister of said Department and another to your MP. It's what they are employed for; sorting out our problems.

Last edited:
I've had that email too. Have been worrying about it but haven't done anything with it. Now I won't. They asked for personal papers regarding purchase of property and other things. Thank you

Reactions: Kevin. A.
I really think that financial institutions need to hold some accountability for these scams.
If a transactions or new account that is out of the ordinary from previous history of the account holder, then why are these institutions not querying them.
All it takes is a message or phone call to the individual/ company requesting that transaction or changing of accounts has been authorized by the account holder.
Surely with all of the computers available some sort of check list could be created so any changes or out of character transactions can be red flagged and stopped until they are verified by the account holder.
I think that introducing an automatic three-day delay and verification on larger transfers or changes of accounts would help stop many of these scammers.
Stop the scammers in their tracks.
Scammers use newly created accounts many are overseas accounts to transferer money from their victims account to the newly created accounts, surely this should be a red flag on its own and advise financial institutions something is out of the ordinary.
This should be reason enough for financial institutions to push and obtain verification from the known account holder before allowing the money transfer/ account transfer to go ahead.
Account anomalies like large money transfers/ account transfers that are out of character with previous history of the account holder should be aired with great suspicion from our financial institutions.

None of these organisations send a direct email like that. The closest you might get is an email telling you that there is a secure email for you in your MyGov account. They do not provide links. They want you to log in yourself through your MyGov app or online.
Scammers are just trying to catch people out, they might be in a hurry or have a lot on their minds and before they realize it, they have clicked an innocent looking link in a message without thinking and the scammers has cleaned out their account.
Even some professionals have been caught out by some very sophisticated scams.
I refuse to click on any link in messages or emails.

Reactions: Rob44
I've had that email too. Have been worrying about it but haven't done anything with it. Now I won't. They asked for personal papers regarding purchase of property and other things. Thank you
"Dear Minister of Housing,

I have received your Department's request for my personal papers ( email request date and any reference thereon such as Client number: XYZ 233405789) regarding the purchase of my property at.......

Please explain why your Department needs these.

Yours etc

CC .Federal Minister of Housing, Federal Shadow Minister for Housing,
State Minister for housing etc. "

Cost- a sheet of paper, ink from your pen (use carbon paper for the copies), about 6 envelopes and $7.20 in stamps. Have fun and help keep a Public Servant or two, and an Australia Post postie, in a job.

I really think that financial institutions need to hold some accountability for these scams.
If a transactions or new account that is out of the ordinary from previous history of the account holder, then why are these institutions not querying them.
All it takes is a message or phone call to the individual/ company requesting that transaction or changing of accounts has been authorized by the account holder.
Surely with all of the computers available some sort of check list could be created so any changes or out of character transactions can be red flagged and stopped until they are verified by the account holder.
I think that introducing an automatic three-day delay and verification on larger transfers or changes of accounts would help stop many of these scammers.
Stop the scammers in their tracks.
Scammers use newly created accounts many are overseas accounts to transferer money from their victims account to the newly created accounts, surely this should be a red flag on its own and advise financial institutions something is out of the ordinary.
This should be reason enough for financial institutions to push and obtain verification from the known account holder before allowing the money transfer/ account transfer to go ahead.
Account anomalies like large money transfers/ account transfers that are out of character with previous history of the account holder should be aired with great suspicion from our financial institutions.
Ignore all requests to pay bills etc via the internet and pay due bills by cheque posted through Australia Post; or query the bill via a handwritten letter to the CEO of the purported company concerned.

I received a text at 1:10am in the morning from Eastlink (????) telling me to pay my tolls to avoid getting a fine. LOL dipshi*s, jokes on you, I don't own a car.
As for My Gov emails, unless it is on my My Gov account then it is always a scam. Never open them always, delete them.

I received a text at 1:10am in the morning from Eastlink (????) telling me to pay my tolls to avoid getting a fine. LOL dipshi*s, jokes on you, I don't own a car.
As for My Gov emails, unless it is on my My Gov account then it is always a scam. Never open them always, delete them.
Handwritten letter to Min. of Transport etc...etc......Maybe SDC can print a form letter we can download and then fill in the variables by handwriting ? Or would that be incitement to treason and plot which could see SDC put in prison for inciting terrorism?

Do not forget the current labor government want to do away with cash payments which in turn forces people into the credit card trap. which of course the banks love as it is the best cash cow they ever had apart from the way they jack up housing loans as soon as the reserve bank increases the rate. Gee Banks & Insurance companies I would trust a King Brown snake more than either .But the government also falls into my total lack of trust They tied to have the Australia card. But now they have My Gov every week or month Australians are told of some large company being hacked. These hackers are a damn sight smarter than our government so now they, the Australian government have the details of almost all Australians how easy it is for these very cleaver scammers/hackers to bypass the security and have access to our personal information .some of you will say no crazy talk but remember not long ago the ASIO had concerns about the people working at airports
I did not know that Labor wants to do away with cash. Can you please give me the details of this?

Reactions: Veggiepatch
They don't work any other day of the week either.
I have been receiving myGov scams and ATO scams - it is relentless
Well it is refreshing that we have the knowledge of such a bright person like your self I believe some people on this site are of the age hat they may not be as literate as you are Yes I agree that some scams are easy to see But the last one I received was very well written & had some authentic headings so I forwarded it to the ministers office for their input as to its validity But once more Thank you wise one on behalf of all born before 1960
Born 1940 and made the effort to stay up to date with ALL things new, which includes I/T. A little learning on a continuous basis is all that is needed. I won’t scold those who didn’t and do feel for them.

Do you honestly think it would be any different with an LNP government?

Think again....
OldPerson ,I agree I do not think any of the current political parties are worth the money they get but I would never vote for the greens I would not vote for labor I have voted for One Nation but they have lost their way so I tend to vote for the party that has the best liers ,& who I think will not sell Australia out to some over sea's mob