Yes 100%.
Truly despicable people, taking advantage of one's declining alertness when getting older.
Not much scares me, but am horrified at the thought of being tricked by such bottom feeders when I lose a certain level of awareness.
Then don't lose your awareness by doing word games & reading to keep your brain active.Your decline is triggered by inactivity so don't let it sneak up on you. Take active steps to combat it do more quizes & stuff like that.

Reactions: havingadoggyday
I have just received this email from MyGov

Dear Client,

We are writing to inform you that this is a secure message sent to your myGov online portal as part of our ongoing security measures. We have detected unusual activity on your account.

Due to this suspicious activity, your online access has been temporarily limited. To restore full access, please verify your information.​

Your security is our priority. If you have any questions, please visit the myGov website for further assistance.​

For more information about how we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information, go to the <a style="color: rgb(44, 181, 67); line-height: 17px !important; font-size: 14px; text-decoration: underline; mso-line-height-rule: exactly;" href=">myGov privacy notice.

do not think it is Legit though with this email
Account Review
please do not reply or click on links in this email​

For anything like this, ALWAYS log into the official website and check if it's legit. NEVER use any link in the e-mail or text. Report them or move to SPAM as appropriate.

Reactions: Ezzy
MYGOV don't send emails so why do people keep saying it is a scam of course it's a scam

Definate SCAM. If a message contains a phone numbers or link, treat it as a scam.
Facebook users beware of Elon Musk and other celeb profiles. THEY ARE ALL IMPOSTERS & SCAMMERS. DO NOT TRUST THEM. The scammer either want a $500 Apple card to validate your fake prize (Tesla & or cash) or try to get you to sign up for Crypto or other investment scams. I often chat with these people to waste their time to see what they up too. When I ask for a video chat they have every excuse not to. Some of them claim to be employed by Musk and they might exchange a call chat be never show their face. All have are South African.

This email screams scam. Please contact the the so called emailer. Even if it is Centrelink and you are on hold for ever better to double check if you are not sure.
Kind regards to all Vicki
I have just received this one from the Aus Tax Refund Office, which I don't believe actually exists:

You have received a new update and pending payment on your MyGov account.

Login to Access.

Best Regards,
MyGov Support Team.

yeah I knew it was not legit by the email it was sent from plus Mygov send digital letters not emails
Incorrect!
Mygov does sent emails, the difference being is that they are from '[email protected]' not some stupid random email address such as "MyGov"<[email protected]> Got 2 of these today.
I know this because I received an email from Mygov a couple of weeks back but being the trusting person that I am I didn't click on this email but went straight to my Mygov account and sure enough I had a digital letter there as well. I then checked the email and it turns out it was the same letter informing me that someone had tried to log onto my account at some ungodly hour of the morning and to change my passwords etc immediately. I did that and then rang Mygov and got onto their hack watch list.

Yes I got an email earlier from the TFL AUSTRALIAN TAXATION OFFICE regarding my tax lodgement saying I have a new payment update on my MyGov account, giving me a link to review ……and a Best Regards MyGov Team……Obviously a scam, so please be aware……..If you’re ever tempted to click that link for curiosity…..PLEASE DON’T….instead, open your MyGov, or Medicare or whatever else the email is about, from your browser or App, you’ll see the truth of it that way….

If you are suspicious of an email, hover your cursor over the email address it has come from, and it will tell you what the true email address actually is.

I would be immediately suspicious of such a message: MyGov have never emailed me, a text message telling me that there is a new message in my MyGov Inbox (as happened yesterday... and there was...) and to login to MyGov to read it but NEVER with a hyperlink for me to follow. I would immediately treat such an email as this as an attempted phishing scam and take a screenshot before deleting and immediately report it to Scamwatch!
I will never forget the day HUBBY had a hissy fit at Coles,screaming down the phone to the supposed "mungrels that have been phoning me for weeks telling me that they are my bank and need to talk to me about my account"😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭
Sorry but I am recalling it,he actually told them to get stuffed,which he would normally never do,meanwhile I AM GESTURING NO NO NO WITH MY HANDS,he shouts what's the matter,bloody mongrels,then I tell him it IS THE BANK THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO GET BACK TO US REMEMBER,COS ,OUR CARD IS NOT BEING ACCEPTED??????????
OH I could tell you more but am picking myself up off the floor telling you this much.SHOULD HAVE SEEN HIS FACE....FROM RED TO ASHEN WHITE...THEN TED AGAIN🤣🤣🤣