I've had a few claiming I owe the NSW government speeding fine (I havn't been to NSW for years)
My Netflix payment couldn"t be processed (I don't subscribe to Netflix)
My Sirius XM payment could not be processed. (never heard of them)
My Peacock subscription could not be processed. (I don't subscribe to Peacock)
They are very persistent despite ignoring them.

Reactions: BeautifulMousey
Hi Brian I am a bit puzzled as to why You had to pay $1500.00 ? In order to stop identity theft
I normally send any unusual messages to the ACCC.. I am sure they could have helped .
I know it’s a bit late now but maybe you can use them for future scam/spam issues. Hope this helps.
Me Too. ASIC OR THE ACCC have websites that can help you.

I to have had multiple message telling me my Netflix account needs renewing. Lost count how many times I go it, sometime twice a day. Luckily over the last couple of weeks they have given up.
I get the same and also threats that my computer has been infected with a virus so pay mc caffee a fee and they will fix (except it isn't mc caffe )

I have been approached by a woman who claims to be from a lottery office attached to Facebook telling me that I have won a 2 million dollar windfall lottery.
In order to receive this money rather than direct bank deposit she wants me to give her my myGov account passwords in order to deposit it directly to my myGov account.
This has been going on dispite my blunt refusal. This happened in the wake of my Gmail account being hacked, I still cannot contact Gmail about this incident and I have had to pay 1500 dollars in order to stop identity theft.
Please everyone be careful.
Brian Anstee
newsflash ...you cant win a prize if you didn't buy a ticket...end of story. I get these type of e mails often. if you dont claim a prize it will eventually be posted to your account or added to your credit for future ticket purchases