Hi , Rick Sharp here ,happy to have just joined but l have been following for some time now anyway so l am familiar with the daily update posts.

May l also bring to your attention a current new almost believable email scam l received yesterday , 27 th at 2 pm .The email said it was from
Mygov and carried Aust Govt logo,s and said Fed Govt was to pay a new energy rebate of 500AUD. and included a sign up page attachment with a fill in form for our
personal details required to
Apply.

So if it sounds to good to be true always dig deeper l almost got into trouble

All the very best and stay safe

Rick Sharp
Welcome to the SDC, @Propertywizard! Goodness :( Please be extra careful when receiving random emails. We highly recommend you report this to ACCC's Scamwatch division here: https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam

Hello all, I am Dimitri but friends call me Dim. 66 years young, (where did all that time go), single and a musician, computer geek and all round techno tinkerer. Love my gadgets! Well it was suggested I say hello so here it is ... "HELLO!"

I have been a muso all my life and spent many years busking & performing gigs all around Melbourne, particularly at Southbank where I made a lot of busking friends. I haven't been for awhile as it takes a lot of energy to gather all the equipment, haul it in my car boot down to Narre Warren train station, jump the city train, drag my gear and (bigger than I need) busking amp on a collapsible trolley behind me with two guitars in tow. Takes about 30 minutes to set up, play for about 6 or 8 hours all the while avoiding the mongrel council bylaws officers who hassle you to move every two hours! You only have to move "three shop fronts" distance, so it means dragging connected gear about 30 metres to the other end of the grassed area just down from the footbridge leading to Flinders Street.

Okay that's me. Doubt anyone will actually read this to its end but if you do say hi. No such thing as a stranger only friends you haven't met yet!

Dim
Oh my goodness, @Dimitri Milewicz! We have something in common. I looove music too and used to do gigs around my university. Welcome to the SDC! It's an absolute pleasure to have you here :D

Although I have only just registered as a ‘member’ I feel as if I have been one for ages as I sit and read the daily posts with a cuppa every day. I live on the Mornington Peninsula, volunteer at a support unit also at an op shop and I am obsessed with my garden! Have quite a few grandchildren who like most other grandparents get great joy from them.Just looking forward to some warm weather now as I am rather over the cold !
This is SOOO sweet! :D We're glad to know that you've finally decided to join the forum. Thank you for taking the time to drop by and introduce yourself. It's lovely e-meeting you. Welcome aboard!

Hi , Rick Sharp here ,happy to have just joined but l have been following for some time now anyway so l am familiar with the daily update posts.

May l also bring to your attention a current new almost believable email scam l received yesterday , 27 th at 2 pm .The email said it was from
Mygov and carried Aust Govt logo,s and said Fed Govt was to pay a new energy rebate of 500AUD. and included a sign up page attachment with a fill in form for our
Apply.

Rick Sharp
Welcome to the SDC, @Propertywizard! Goodness :( Please be extra careful when receiving random emails. We highly recommend you report this to ACCC's Scamwatch division here: https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam

Looked so real it ruined my Sunday walk and coffee at Warrandyte River Walking path.Had to post to scam watch and Seniors asap

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I’m thrilled to be part of this amazing group. Such good news on shopping ideas, clever cleaning ideas which is always welcome to make cleaning easier. Best wishes to you all for making this a pleasure each day to read . Trish .

Hi everyone, my name is Trish and I am really happy to be a ‘new’ member although my favourite way to start the day for a while now has been to read the newsletter and work my way through the fun & games. I am a retired nurse and feel like I’m living the dream. I have been married to my second husband for 13 years and we have 5 children between us, one adorable grandchild and another on the way. We have 2 elderly dogs & a very active 8 month old kitten. I love going to the movies, watching TV when I do my knitting or crocheting & I love to sing. Life is pretty good right now!

• Love
Reactions: Vella Gonzaga
Important: Please read this before your first post

Hi guys! Welcome to the forum. Please keep the following rules in mind when posting.

- Don't reveal any sensitive information. There's no need to use your full name on here. Don't post your phone number, address, or any other personal details. We'll never ask you for things like bank account or credit card information so please keep them to yourself and use common sense. Send us a message if you see anything suspicious and we will investigate.

- Be polite and civil. We're all human beings and deserve a minimum level of courtesy and respect. Disagreements are absolutely fine, but keep things constructive. Remember the golden rule - treat others how you want to be treated.

- Don't be racist. This forum is a Politically Correct free zone, but that's no excuse for being nasty or bigoted. Australians come in all shapes, colours, and sizes - if you disagree with that, this forum isn't for you.

- Keep politics in the appropriate place. There's a politics forum for a reason guys!

- No advertising / self promotion. Don't post any business / commercial messages without checking with us first.

- Have fun and enjoy yourself. It's our hope that this community will be a safe, supportive, and friendly place. We're always open to suggestions and tips, so drop us a line if you have any ideas.
Hello everyone. Been in Qld for 23 years. But recently moved from sunshine coast to CBD. Very big change.
Don't know anyone. I love animals. Retired butcher boner.
If any events coming up for my area give me a quick note. Maybe I'll see you there

Reactions: susieq1953
Hi all, am looking forward to the amazing information here. The people too. Generally a quiet person but quieter recently because of health issues. Interested in genealogy. Also african violets that I am setting up in the sun room. I love my life and my family. Looking forward to being involved in this group. I find buying online tedius but I do a lot of it. Smiles..

• Love
Reactions: Athena E.

Apply.

Rick Sharp
Hi @Propertywizard Welcome to the Seniors Discount Club! :) We’re thrilled to have you here! Oh no! You’re right. That does look quite dodgy. 😬Thank you for alerting us about this. We highly recommend you report this directly to ACCC’s Scamwatch division here: https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam