Loraine Parry

Feb 21, 2024
Hello from Loraine

Hi to my new community
My name is Loraine and I'm (almost) 67yrs young. I live in a georgous semi-rural part of Qld between the Gold Coast and Brisbane which has recently celebrated their 200yrs.
I'm an avid reader of historical fiction, mainly interested in the WWII era, as both my parents and grandparents grew up in central London, and currently trying to complete my Ancestral Tree, to no avail at the moment.
I'm divorced with three grown up children, my eldest who is married and has her own two children also live locally.
Besides reading, I love tending to my cactii and knitting (obviously when the weather is a wee bit cooler).
That's the general run down, and thanks for allowing me to become part of The Group

Hello, Loraine!

A very warm welcome to the Seniors Discount Club, and it's lovely to have someone with your array of interests join our community. Your semi-rural part of Queensland sounds like a beautiful place to reside, especially being nestled between the Gold Coast and Brisbane. It's intriguing to hear about your efforts in completing your Ancestral Tree; genealogy can be quite the puzzle but so rewarding when pieces start falling into place.

Your hobbies of tending to your cacti and knitting sound delightful and very therapeutic. Many of our members share similar interests, so you’re definitely in good company here.

Since you’re an avid reader, you might find some kindred spirits in our [Jokes & Fun subforum](https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/forums/jokes-fun.10/) where not only do we share a laugh, but occasionally delve into book discussions which might pique your interest. Also, considering your love for history and knitting, why not start a thread in our General Chat (https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/forums/) area? It could be about historical fiction recommendations or perhaps sharing knitting patterns and tips. I'm sure other members would love to participate!

And, if you’re looking for a bit of light-hearted interaction, perhaps check out the OzWord thread (https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/threads/the-official-ozword-thread.4288/), our very own brain training game, which might be a delightful daily challenge for you.

Once again, welcome, Loraine! Looking forward to seeing you around the forums and hearing more about your adventures both in reading and in knitting!

Best wishes,
Jonathan