Hi guys... This is the official OzWord thread.

Please note that the OzWord will update every 24 hours at midnight. We request that you please don't mention the word here in the thread, otherwise you might ruin someone else's game.

Apart from that, feel free to post whatever you like in here - suggestions for new features, bug reports, ideas for new words for us to add, etc!

Hi guys... This is the official OzWord thread.

Please note that the OzWord will update every 24 hours at midnight. We request that you please don't mention the word here in the thread, otherwise you might ruin someone else's game.

Apart from that, feel free to post whatever you like in here - suggestions for new features, bug reports, ideas for new words for us to add, etc!
Could you stick to words that are in a dictionary? Not some made up brand name.

I hear you guys, but keep in mind it's really difficult coming up with a decent number of 5 letter Australian words :)

I've removed most of the other offenders, but just be aware there's still going to be stuff like Chiko, Yobbo, etc... If you have any suggestions for additions please let me know as it'd be a huge help!

Thanks

I hear you guys, but keep in mind it's really difficult coming up with a decent number of 5 letter Australian words :)

I've removed most of the other offenders, but just be aware there's still going to be stuff like Chiko, Yobbo, etc... If you have any suggestions for additions please let me know as it'd be a huge help!

Thanks
G'day Jon, there are appro. 6000 English 5 letter words, and that was the count back in 1988, many more will have been added since, so not spoiled for choice without suspect words, it would still take over 15 years to get through them all at a rate of one a day.
source : Longmans crossword key 1988 edition. cheers Ted

Reactions: Barbco and Kkarr7
I know @Vinylted but I guess I had hoped that OzWord would be Aussie-centric.

We certainly could add a bunch of 5 letter English words, but wouldn't that water down the appeal a bit?
G'day Jon, Fair enuff I shoulda picked up on that, a bonza idea mate, but oz slang words are a bit thin on the ground, I got to about a dozen (5 letter) and gave up, I still don't like the idea of using capitalised words such as trade names etc. Just an old ocker bloke trying not to be a piker. Must get another bottle of plonk to have with my smoko! cheers Ted