SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
S

Seia Ibanez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 16, 2023
General Discussion Thread 25.10.2024

Welcome to the General Discussion Thread, where you can share about anything under the sun! This is the perfect space for open conversation and connection. Whether you have a burning question or an interesting thought to share, this is the place to be.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything. Let’s create a lively and welcoming atmosphere where everyone’s voice is heard. So, what’s on your mind today? Jump in and let’s get the conversation rolling! 😄

Last edited:
I find the Lidia Thorpe saga intriguing and cant see how she cant be dismissed for such shocking behavior which doesn’t mirror the feelings of the majority of Australians. It should be a no brainer that she does not represent our country in the proper manner. Could you comprehend if we interrupted the Call to Country when performed prior to the game, the indigenous people (for whom I am one) would be so up in arms and calling for heads. Does anyone agree with me?

I have started mentoring at Vasse primary school again now that Covid has gone and I do this via a group in the south west of WA called Edconnect and you can contact them via email or the website if you want to join the group [email protected]. There are a few things needed like a police clearance and a WWC card but that is easy. This time I am matched with an 8 year old boy and I am 87 but we are getting on well. The school Chaplain tells me that the boy will benefit greatly from our weekly one hour meetings and I get a lot out of it too. It is not coaching with Maths or anything like that just a game maybe or listen as he reads etc. Previously I helped a boy construct a LEGO model car and that took a few weeks. Give it a try you will like it I am sure.

My major concern today is that I’ve forgotten how to post photos on SDC. My husband took a photo of his favourite flowering cactus & I would love to send it in but I can’t remember how to. Can someone help please? I’m using an Apple iPad, if that makes a difference.

Reactions: Gsr
I find the Lidia Thorpe saga intriguing and cant see how she cant be dismissed for such shocking behavior which doesn’t mirror the feelings of the majority of Australians. It should be a no brainer that she does not represent our country in the proper manner. Could you comprehend if we interrupted the Call to Country when performed prior to the game, the indigenous people (for whom I am one) would be so up in arms and calling for heads. Does anyone agree with me?
Lovely to hear from an indigenous member & I would love to hear more on your experiences. I don’t think Lidia Thorp does herself or anyone else any favours with her actions. I would love to see us all moving forward side by side & pray that one day it finally happens. I’m curious to know your thoughts on how we can all move forward together.

Lovely to hear from an indigenous member & I would love to hear more on your experiences. I don’t think Lidia Thorp does herself or anyone else any favours with her actions. I would love to see us all moving forward side by side & pray that one day it finally happens. I’m curious to know your thoughts on how we can all move forward together.
l agree it would be nice if everyone got on together. l think we need to have more patience with each other and try and see the others point of view. Lidia Thorp was just not showing any respect to a guest from another country who really has nothing to do with it.

Am I the only one feeling extorted by my pharmacy or are there others?
I don't mind paying the full reduced, PSB fee on my medication scripts, even though many other pharmacists reduce them.

Earlier this year they started adding a $5 delivery fee, which sounded fair (even though I live 2 blocks away).

Recently, they added a $5 charge for each blister pack (more than $20 per month). I thought of packing the blister packs myself, but because I am bedbound I will require the medication to be delivered. This could result in well over the $20 fee, so I scrapped that idea.

I phoned another pharmacist in the area who charges $15 per delivery; due to being further away.
Now I'm paying over $300 per year more, just for the blister packs (excluding the medication costs).
Is this the norm now? :confused:

The thing is no one is stopping her from going bush and living her life the way her ancestors did before European settlement. (Mind you I suggest that she has more European ancestry than indigenous.) Ah but wait....what IS stopping her is the over $200k salary she receives from the very establishment she so hates. She's a hypocrite and an embarrassment.

Am I the only one feeling extorted by my pharmacy or are there others?
I don't mind paying the full reduced, PSB fee on my medication scripts, even though many other pharmacists reduce them.

Earlier this year they started adding a $5 delivery fee, which sounded fair (even though I live 2 blocks away).

Recently, they added a $5 charge for each blister pack (more than $20 per month). I thought of packing the blister packs myself, but because I am bedbound I will require the medication to be delivered. This could result in well over the $20 fee, so I scrapped that idea.

I phoned another pharmacist in the area who charges $15 per delivery; due to being further away.
Now I'm paying over $300 per year more, just for the blister packs (excluding the medication costs).
Is this the norm now? :confused:
Thats terrible! Could someone in the family pick them up for you?. Sorry to hear you are bedbound