Drive smarter & save big: Where to find the lowest gas prices in Australia this week!

Navigating the ever-fluctuating landscape of fuel prices can be a daunting task for any driver, especially for those of us who remember when a full tank didn't cost an arm and a leg.

But fear not—we've got the scoop on where to find the cheapest petrol and diesel across Australia this week.

By keeping this information in your back pocket, you can drive smarter and save big, leaving more in your wallet for the finer things in life.

Before we dive into the specifics, let's talk strategy. It's always wise to shop around locally for the best fuel prices, as they can vary significantly even within the same suburb.

Additionally, consider using a fuel price lock application. These handy apps allow you to secure a good price when you spot it and fill up later, ensuring you always get the best deal possible.

Now, let's look at the numbers for the week of April 22 to April 28. Western Australia is leading the charge with the cheapest unleaded petrol and diesel prices, with Victoria hot on its heels for diesel.

Remember, these prices can change rapidly, so it's always best to check for the most current prices before you head out.

compressed-shutterstock_2356090485.jpeg
Western Australia currently has the lowest prices for unleaded petrol and diesel, with Victoria closely following suit in diesel prices. Credits: Shutterstock

According to FuelCheck, in the ACT, the most wallet-friendly unleaded petrol is going for 197.9 cents per litre at Metro Petroleum in Fyshwick, while diesel is priced at 196.9 cents per litre at the same location.

Over in New South Wales, PowerFuel in Granville sells unleaded petrol at 187.9 cents per litre, and Speedway in Revesby, along with Metro in Revesby West, offer diesel at 185.5 cents per litre.

In South Australia, OTR on Pulteney Street has unleaded petrol available at 185.5 cents per litre, while Perry’s at Silver’s Auto Centre offers diesel at 192.9 cents per litre.

Heading up north, the Northern Territory's best price for unleaded is 188.5 cents per litre, available at several stations, and the independent Alyangula Township service station has diesel for 168.5 cents per litre.

Queenslanders can find unleaded for 183.5 cents per litre at Caltex in Coopers Plains and diesel for 185.5 cents per litre at Liberty in Beenleigh, according to PetrolSpy.

Tasmanians can fill up their tanks with unleaded petrol for 193.5 cents per litre at United in Camdale, and diesel for 197.9 cents per litre at Ampol in Lewisham.

Victorians are seeing some of the lowest prices with unleaded petrol at 169.9 cents per litre at Liberty Pakenham and diesel at 183.9 cents per litre at SE Fuel in Mount Waverley.

Finally, Western Australians can enjoy unleaded petrol for 179.5 cents per litre at Liberty in Tapping and diesel for 181.9 cents per litre at Coles Express Casuarina.

It's important to note that we haven't included Costco fuel prices, as they require a membership to access. However, if you're a Costco member, it's worth checking their prices as well.

Once you've filled up your tank, don't forget about the exclusive discount offered to senior card holders by the government of this one state.

With these savings, you can keep your car running smoothly without breaking the bank.
Key Takeaways
  • The cheapest unleaded petrol and diesel prices in Australia for the week can be found in Western Australia.
  • Price comparisons showed significant variations in fuel costs across Australian states and territories.
  • Consumers could benefit from using fuel price applications or shopping around to find the best fuel deals in their local area.
  • Not all fuel prices, such as those from Costco, were included in the comparison due to membership requirements for access.
Have you found any fuel-saving tips or tricks in your travels? Perhaps a particular day of the week when prices tend to dip, or a local station that consistently offers competitive rates? Share your wisdom in the comments below!

Reactions: maurice wildish
Sponsored
I always check this website before filling up with fuel ($0.04 /ltr loyalty card discounts are often not the cheapest option!

The United Seniors Fuel Card is also good in NSW at participating service stations.

I have for years had the local prices in my and nearby suburbs daily prices delivered into my email box. Here in Western Australia Wednesday is usually the dearest and is definitely in our Suburb. The price gradually goes down each day even by 20 or 30 cents. then Wednesday comes around and it is as usual 2.29. I call this gouging. I only buy from whomever has the cheapest regardless of the Coles 4 c discount as they are still much higher than some others. The government wont do anything about this gouging because they hope to get the higher gst etc. The lowest price is on Tuesday 1.79.9

Reactions: DLHM
I have for years had the local prices in my and nearby suburbs daily prices delivered into my email box. Here in Western Australia Wednesday is usually the dearest and is definitely in our Suburb. The price gradually goes down each day even by 20 or 30 cents. then Wednesday comes around and it is as usual 2.29. I call this gouging. I only buy from whomever has the cheapest regardless of the Coles 4 c discount as they are still much higher than some others. The government wont do anything about this gouging because they hope to get the higher gst etc. The lowest price is on Tuesday 1.79.9
Livin in rural victoria, is always hassles with prices, but since Liberty arrived there has been options never seen before, but many people are brain washed to continue to support the chain stores with the 4 cents off and still two wy Albo trips around, now Kokoda, walk, take him to the real track with mud, mosquitoes and fevers, have a real taste of life for the people you keep taxing and LYING to