This Woolworths worker's heartwarming act leaves a struggling mum speechless

In a world where the daily hustle and bustle can leave little room for acts of kindness, a mum's experience at a Woolworths store warmed the hearts of many.

The incident became a reminder that compassion and community spirit are still alive, even in the most unexpected places.

The mother, who just completed her grocery shopping, found herself in a bit of a pickle as she navigated her way out of the store with her young son, who got irritable along the way.

The situation was overwhelming on the mum's end as she juggled a stroller and multiple bags of groceries.

However, in a surprising turn of events, a Woolworths employee approached the mum with a thoughtful offer—a rare one in an era where customer service seemed to decline.

compressed-shutterstock_1470192446.jpeg
Mums may have a hard time juggling groceries while tending to a young child. Image Credit: Shutterstock/Seventy Four

'A nice story for today,' the shopper recounted in her post on social media.

'I was at the shops and bought more than a couple of bags full, and had kiddo in the stroller. I intended to put him in the trolley, but he was grumpy. I had my hands full. A lady at Woolworths offered to get one of the staff to help me carry bags to my car.'

This gesture of goodwill didn't stop at the offer.

The Woolworths team member made good on their promise and assisted the mum all the way to her car with her groceries.

During the walk, the mum learned that this wasn't a one-off event.

'On the way out, I chatted with the young lady helping me, and she said it was the third time today she helped people to their car today with their groceries,' she added.

The story quickly spread, and touched the hearts of those who heard it and prompted a Woolworths representative to react to the team member's actions.

'We're delighted to hear about the kindness shown by our Team Members at Virginia,' the representative shared.

'We've shared this with our management team, and we know they'll love to hear this!'

This incident is a shining example of the 'above and beyond' customer service that can make a significant difference in someone's day.

It's a reminder that the human touch is still invaluable in a world where self-service checkouts and automated systems are becoming the norm.

No matter our age or situation, some still recognize when someone could use a helping hand.

It's also a call to action for all of us to be that helping hand when we can.
Key Takeaways

• A struggling mum at Woolworths was assisted by a staff member who helped carry her groceries to the car whilst she managed her young son.
  • The customer shared her positive experience on social media and highlighted the unexpected good old-fashioned service.
  • She discovered that the helpful service was not a one-off gesture, as the Woolworths worker mentioned it was the third time she helped someone that day.
  • Woolworths management was informed of the staff member's kind act, and a representative mentioned they were delighted with the feedback and would ensure it reaches their team.
Have you encountered any acts of kindness in your local supermarket or elsewhere that left you speechless? Share your stories and thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
It's wonderful to hear heartfelt stories and helpful deeds. It is so easy to make someones day and we could all make a point of doing that more often. What a better world it would be and bring about more happy smiles🙂

I shop fortnightly so I always have a large trolley full.
Last shop I was unloading my trolley when I noticed lady who only had two items so I suggested she go through.
She was grateful, but another man in the line actually abused me and called me"goodie two shoes"LOL. I retorted it was better than being a grumpy old buggar.
I really don't know what is wrong with people these days.
Letting this lady go through made no difference to the time he would've been in the line 🤷

I have asked staff multiple times at coles and woollies for help with getting my bags to my car, they oblige every time with a smile and a friendly attitude. If they see me struggling in store I don't even have to ask they just come and offer to help. Benefits of living in a small town. And I remember to say thank you every time. Every little bit of kindness helps make yours and their days better.

Last shop I was unloading my trolley when I noticed lady who only had two items so I suggested she go through.
She was grateful, but another man in the line actually abused me and called me"goodie two shoes"LOL. I retorted it was better than being a grumpy old buggar.
Letting this lady go through made no difference to the time he would've been in the line 🤷
Sorry to say a lot of men have no patience. Found that out when I worked at Woollies.

See
Sorry to say a lot of men have no patience. Found that out when I worked at Woollies.
Totally agree, my husband is one of them.

Many years ago I was working in Coolangatta on the Gold Coast and when I reached my car in the car park after work I discovered one of the tyres was deflated. I started to change the wheel when a passing gentleman came over and ask if he could help and he finished taking the wheel off and fixing the spare wheel to my car. After thanking him he went off quite happy without me being able to reward him. I did not find out his name or anything about him and was grateful to him as he was much quicker than I would have been.

Reactions: darrellh and Marj53
Many years ago I was working in Coolangatta on the Gold Coast and when I reached my car in the car park after work I discovered one of the tyres was deflated. I started to change the wheel when a passing gentleman came over and ask if he could help and he finished taking the wheel off and fixing the spare wheel to my car. After thanking him he went off quite happy without me being able to reward him. I did not find out his name or anything about him and was grateful to him as he was much quicker than I would have been.
This is really nothing to do with staff helping people but it just reminded me of something. lt was nearly closing time at Coles and l saw an assistant putting the sliced meat away using her hands no gloves or tongs used . l also witnessed when l lived in Launceston walking round Jimmy's and one of the assistants was picking up slices of meat and stuffing it her mouth.

My local woolies on Bribie island are like this, I have a mobility issue and a number of staff help with getting items off the top shelf and helping with packing groceries on my scooter. All the staff are friendly and helpful. They definitely go above and beyond the call of duty,

I must be a “goodie two shoes” too! ☺️

Reactions: MariaG