Discover this savvy Kmart shopper's $15 secret for doubling your bread's shelf life: It's genius!

Are you feeling the pinch with your weekly grocery shop? It certainly isn't any easier on our wallets these days – and it's starting to feel like nothing lasts a decent amount of time in our fridge without wilting or going off.

It’s frustrating when you put something in the fridge fresh – like a baguette, for example – and when you come back the next day, it’s completely dry and stale!

Thankfully, one Kmart shopper has figured out a clever trick that you can use in your kitchen to make your bread last twice as long.

And, the best part? It’s a simple and affordable solution – you only need $15 to get started!

fridge1.jpg
The shopper shared this method online. Credit: Kmart Australia

The method was shared on a popular Facebook page, and it sparked the interest of many budget-conscious Kmart fans.

The brainy shopper revealed how she had used Kmart’s 6L Fridge Storage Container – usually intended for keeping vegetables and fruit as fresh as possible – to store her bread on the kitchen bench top rather than in the fridge.

‘Since using the veggie container for my bread, it keeps twice as long,’ she said.

‘Anything to save money these days.’

According to the product description, Kmart’s storage container is ‘a kitchen essential for storing leftover food’. It also measures 15cm (H) x 35.2cm (W) x 16cm (D).

Unsurprisingly, the simple kitchen tip quickly caught the attention of hundreds of amazed Kmart fans, who praised the woman for the discovery.

fridge2.jpg
The Kmart shopper uploaded this photo alongside her post. Credit: Facebook

‘This is brilliant. I think I’ll give it a go!’ said one social media user who saw her post.

‘Wow. They’re fab for fruit and vegetables, but I never thought about bread!’ Added another.

Someone else replied: ‘This container has saved my lettuce for so long, and I love this bread idea.’

‘Oh, such a good idea!’ A fourth added.

What was even more impressive, however, was the fact that the storage tip could also prove to be useful in a number of other scenarios too.

‘Gluten-free bread always has stupid packaging. This would be so much better!’ said one fan.

‘Great idea for camping!’ Exclaimed another enthusiastic internet user.

Speaking of camping trips, another Kmart shopper shared a space-saving tip you could use the next time you go camping.

According to the shopper, she invested in one of Kmart’s storage drawers to keep all her essentials – such as food, cooking utensils, and cleaning supplies – properly organised and ready to go. You can read the rest of the story here.

The Kmart customer who shared the tip also told other Kmart fans that she keeps the ventilation latch closed when keeping her bread in the storage container. This helps prevent the moisture from the air from causing it to go stale quickly.

So, if you're looking for ways to maximise the shelf life of your bread, we recommend giving it a try!
Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart shopper has shared a clever trick to make bread last twice as long using a $15 6L Fridge Storage Container.
  • The Kmart fan revealed that she stores her bread in the container, typically used for chilled fruit and vegetables, on her kitchen bench top to extend its lifespan.
  • The simple method received praise from fellow Kmart fans, who were eager to try it themselves.
  • Some users also pointed out that the container could be useful for storing gluten-free bread with inefficient packaging or for keeping bread fresh during camping trips.
What do you do to keep bread fresh for longer? Do you have other food storage tips you’d like to share? Comment them down below – we’d love to read them!

Sponsored
Don't bother I purchased this exact one plus a couple of other sizes and the air controller thing comes straight off and won't stay on , the same with the handles.

I purchased them for the fridge and nolonger use them with the lid on .

Bread If I buy more than one loaf I will keep the others in the fridge.

If you have bread rolls that go stale then Preheat oven 170 Deg put rolls on a tray and brush lightly with water , put in oven for 5 minutes and the rolls will be fresher than when you purchased them.

The other thing I do with old bread rolls is I slice them , lay in one layer on a baking tray and cook in a Preheated oven medium temp and cook for around 15 minutes or until brown. Let cool then put into a ziplock bag or container.
They are mini toast and delicious cold with dips, cheese, tomato or your fav spread.

Are you feeling the pinch with your weekly grocery shop? It certainly isn't any easier on our wallets these days – and it's starting to feel like nothing lasts a decent amount of time in our fridge without wilting or going off.

It’s frustrating when you put something in the fridge fresh – like a baguette, for example – and when you come back the next day, it’s completely dry and stale!

Thankfully, one Kmart shopper has figured out a clever trick that you can use in your kitchen to make your bread last twice as long.

And, the best part? It’s a simple and affordable solution – you only need $15 to get started!

View attachment 21203

The method was shared on a popular Facebook page, and it sparked the interest of many budget-conscious Kmart fans.

The brainy shopper revealed how she had used Kmart’s 6L Fridge Storage Container – usually intended for keeping vegetables and fruit as fresh as possible – to store her bread on the kitchen bench top rather than in the fridge.

‘Since using the veggie container for my bread, it keeps twice as long,’ she said.

According to the product description, Kmart’s storage container is ‘a kitchen essential for storing leftover food’. It also measures 15cm (H) x 35.2cm (W) x 16cm (D).

Unsurprisingly, the simple kitchen tip quickly caught the attention of hundreds of amazed Kmart fans, who praised the woman for the discovery.

View attachment 21204

‘This is brilliant. I think I’ll give it a go!’ said one social media user who saw her post.

‘Wow. They’re fab for fruit and vegetables, but I never thought about bread!’ Added another.

Someone else replied: ‘This container has saved my lettuce for so long, and I love this bread idea.’

What was even more impressive, however, was the fact that the storage tip could also prove to be useful in a number of other scenarios too.

‘Gluten-free bread always has stupid packaging. This would be so much better!’ said one fan.

Speaking of camping trips, another Kmart shopper shared a space-saving tip you could use the next time you go camping.

According to the shopper, she invested in one of Kmart’s storage drawers to keep all her essentials – such as food, cooking utensils, and cleaning supplies – properly organised and ready to go. You can read the rest of the story here.

The Kmart customer who shared the tip also told other Kmart fans that she keeps the ventilation latch closed when keeping her bread in the storage container. This helps prevent the moisture from the air from causing it to go stale quickly.

So, if you're looking for ways to maximise the shelf life of your bread, we recommend giving it a try!
Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper has shared a clever trick to make bread last twice as long using a $15 6L Fridge Storage Container.
  • The Kmart fan revealed that she stores her bread in the container, typically used for chilled fruit and vegetables, on her kitchen bench top to extend its lifespan.
  • The simple method received praise from fellow Kmart fans, who were eager to try it themselves.
  • Some users also pointed out that the container could be useful for storing gluten-free bread with inefficient packaging or for keeping bread fresh during camping trips.
What do you do to keep bread fresh for longer? Do you have other food storage tips you’d like to share? Comment them down below – we’d love to read them!
I use the same storage container but a shallower one for cheese. Cheese needs to breathe or else it sweats and goes mouldy. These containers have a grid to sit your cheese on and a vent in the top to let it breathe. Since using it I’ve had no more mould cheese 🙂

I use the same storage container but a shallower one for cheese. Cheese needs to breathe or else it sweats and goes mouldy. These containers have a grid to sit your cheese on and a vent in the top to let it breathe. Since using it I’ve had no more mould cheese 🙂
Do you have a problem with the air vent ? Mine won't stay on the same with the side clips

If cheese needs to "breathe", how is it that when we wrap our cheese in Gladwrap, it stays OK until the last bit's left? Is the plastic "breatheable"? I never knew that ...

I bought a 6l lock’n’lock container with a movable divider and keep my gluten free bread and rolls in it. I paid $20 for it and it keeps my bread fresh for over a week.

View attachment 21203

View attachment 21204

Key Takeaways

Love great ideas!

Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 21203

View attachment 21204

Key Takeaways

whereabouts in Kmart do u find this item please?

View attachment 21203

View attachment 21204

Key Takeaways

View attachment 21203

View attachment 21204

Key Takeaways

Tot

I bought a 6l lock’n’lock container with a movable divider and keep my gluten free bread and rolls in it. I paid $20 for it and it keeps my bread fresh for over a week.
Lock n Lock containers are excellent and are truly airtight, many containers are not.