SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Diane's Affordable Christmas Present Ideas!

The lovely member Diane L. has sent through such a thoughtful and affordable Christmas present idea for your family and friends! Here's what she sent through:

'This was put together for the photo of the Christmas Movie Pack and the Mini Yoghurt cups were yummy. I usually buy Drumsticks to add to the hamper instead of the Mini yoghurt cups and get them for $4.75.

The price of everything totalled $14.52 for contents and the box and paper, decoration I had and the Cellophane was bought in a roll and I think I paid $4.00 for the roll (heaps left over)

Everything was bought at Woolies, IGA and Coles when on special
  • At the back in the green packet is popcorn $1.75
  • Smiths chips $1.90
  • Mini yoghurts $4.75
  • Sprite $1.77
  • Ceda Creaming Soda $1.35
  • Pascall Caramels $3.00

unnamed.jpg
Member Diane L's Christmas Movie Pack present! Image source: Member Diane L.

The ideas are endless. One year I added ice cream cones, Ice magic and a voucher for ice cream instead of the drumsticks!'

I thought this Christmas Movie Pack idea was so clever and thoughtful! I know this year with the cost of living I have had to take a different approach to a lot of my gifts. Rather than buying material possessions, I am making a lot of my gifts. Mostly baking and writing cards! It's not much, but I do hope it shows the people I love how much I love them and how much they mean to me! I thought this gift idea from Diane did the same thing!

If you have any affordable Christmas present ideas, please share them in the comments below!

I've been doing gift baskets for years. Usually a bottle of wine (which I buy from Gray's Auctions by the carton,,,,,,either 6 or 12 bottles at $6.00 a bottle incl. delivery and charges) surrounded by packets of either chocolates, nuts, or sweets. Sometimes, jams and teas depending on who the recipient is. Baskets from Kmart for $6.00 each. Always appreciated. Ian.

I've been doing gift baskets for years. Usually a bottle of wine (which I buy from Gray's Auctions by the carton,,,,,,either 6 or 12 bottles at $6.00 a bottle incl. delivery and charges) surrounded by packets of either chocolates, nuts, or sweets. Sometimes, jams and teas depending on who the recipient is. Baskets from Kmart for $6.00 each. Always appreciated. Ian.
I give the movie packs to one side of the family as they don't drink so it's very hard to work out something for them.

If funds are tight why not give a card and a home made voucher such as doing some gardening for someone or maybe some babysitting. These gifts will be remembered long after the chocolate has disappeared.

Reactions: Liz and KaraJenna
I ve been asking friends and family for years now not to give me "a thing", as I have all I need and want to de clutter. So I give experiences myself, like I give them my time or vouchers for "an afternoon at the beach", "a leisurely stroll and a coffee", "high tea at my house", a picnic etc

If funds are tight why not give a card and a home made voucher such as doing some gardening for someone or maybe some babysitting. These gifts will be remembered long after the chocolate has disappeared.
This is for a family with 2 kids. One year I gave them (I suppose you call it) cooking lessons on how to make my rocky road and other goodies. I try to give them a family gift that they can all enjoy.

I ve been asking friends and family for years now not to give me "a thing", as I have all I need and want to de clutter. So I give experiences myself, like I give them my time or vouchers for "an afternoon at the beach", "a leisurely stroll and a coffee", "high tea at my house", a picnic etc
Great idea