Brilliant Kmart tip that will change how you dry clothes during cold, rainy days!

We all know how unpredictable the weather can be. One moment it's sunny and warm, while the next, you find yourself caught in a torrential downpour. Although this is something we all know and love about our country, when it comes to drying our laundry, such erratic weather can be really frustrating.

Fear not, dear SDC members! As we've just discovered a brilliant Kmart hack which will change the way you dry your clothes in wet weather – without having to rely on energy-consuming, wallet-draining dryers or turning your living room into a makeshift laundromat.

A clever Kmart shopper named Barbara has shared her clever solution for drying clothes when it's raining outside. She transformed the store's $79 Deluxe Laundry Airing Station into a stylish wall-mounted drying rack, ideal for use indoors during cold and wet winter days.

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 12.08.20 pm.png
How clever is this DIY tip! Image source: Barbara Anderson/Facebook.

‘Jumped on the clothes airer [hack]… just used the white vinyl to cover the wood-like brackets. I absolutely love it!’ Barbara shared with excitement, along with images of her clever creation.

Fellow shoppers have been quick to show their admiration for the ingenious hack. ‘Is this from Kmart? Such a good idea. I need one now,’ wrote one impressed commenter. Another agreed, saying, ‘This would have to be one of the best hacks by far.’

What sets Barbara's Kmart clothes airer hack apart from others is her creative idea of covering the wooden brackets with white vinyl.

‘So the wood look finish didn't match my home,’ she told Better Homes and Gardens. ‘So, I purchased the white vinyl from Kmart and wrapped it over the top. Was a little fiddly, but worth it.’

Barbara then fixed the modified brackets to the wall with screws, creating an elegant and functional drying space that complements her Hampton's inspired home interior.

One of the benefits of employing wall-mounted drying racks in your home is the reduced impact on your wallet and the environment compared to dryers. By choosing this option, you can save money on energy and decrease your carbon footprint.

So, how does this Kmart laundry airing station hack work? you might be thinking. Here's a step-by-step guide to recreating Barbara's ingenious solution:

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 12.19.36 pm.png
Kmart’s Deluxe Laundry Airing Station. Image source: Kmart.

Materials and tools needed:

1. Kmart's $79 Deluxe Laundry Airing Station
2. $3 White vinyl from Kmart (or any other preferred colour)
3. Screws
4. A screwdriver, scissors and a utility knife

Steps:

1. Remove the top and middle parts of the Kmart clothes rack by simply twisting and breaking off the plastic, making the remaining structure ideal for wall-mounting.
2. Purchase white vinyl and cut it to size, wrapping it around the wood-like brackets for a polished finish.
3. Secure the modified brackets to the wall with screws, ensuring a strong and safe hold.
4. Hang your laundry on the wall-mounted rack to dry, enjoying a practical and stylish indoor drying solution.

Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart shopper, Barbara, shared a hack for drying clothes in wet weather using the store's clothes airer.
  • The hack involves covering the wooden brackets with white vinyl to match the home's décor.
  • Commenters on social media praised the idea, with some calling it 'one of the best hacks by far.'
  • The Kmart laundry airing station hack is easy to do and can be made using one clothes drying rack and wood screws.

Several other people who have tried this hack have shared their own experiences and tips, like adding hooks to the bottom bracket for additional drying options and sprucing up the rack with decorative elements to match their décor.

Members, isn't it time to say goodbye to indoor clothes drying woes? Give this Kmart tip a try and experience the ease and style it brings to your laundry routine, particularly during those rainy days. You might also like to share this useful tip with your friends and family so we can all benefit from a hassle-free laundry experience.

What do you think of this story? Will you be giving this Kmart tip a try? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
This looks good as long as you have a laundry big enough ! I do but not a free wall as I have storage solutions on all walls.

I definitely wouldn't have it on a wall inside my house , would hate washing hanging in the house.

I have a large pergola which when needed can hang washing which dries quickly

We all know how unpredictable the weather can be. One moment it's sunny and warm, while the next, you find yourself caught in a torrential downpour. Although this is something we all know and love about our country, when it comes to drying our laundry, such erratic weather can be really frustrating.

Fear not, dear SDC members! As we've just discovered a brilliant Kmart hack which will change the way you dry your clothes in wet weather – without having to rely on energy-consuming, wallet-draining dryers or turning your living room into a makeshift laundromat.

A clever Kmart shopper named Barbara has shared her clever solution for drying clothes when it's raining outside. She transformed the store's $79 Deluxe Laundry Airing Station into a stylish wall-mounted drying rack, ideal for use indoors during cold and wet winter days.

View attachment 22804

‘Jumped on the clothes airer [hack]… just used the white vinyl to cover the wood-like brackets. I absolutely love it!’ Barbara shared with excitement, along with images of her clever creation.

Fellow shoppers have been quick to show their admiration for the ingenious hack. ‘Is this from Kmart? Such a good idea. I need one now,’ wrote one impressed commenter. Another agreed, saying, ‘This would have to be one of the best hacks by far.’

What sets Barbara's Kmart clothes airer hack apart from others is her creative idea of covering the wooden brackets with white vinyl.

‘So the wood look finish didn't match my home,’ she told Better Homes and Gardens. ‘So, I purchased the white vinyl from Kmart and wrapped it over the top. Was a little fiddly, but worth it.’

Barbara then fixed the modified brackets to the wall with screws, creating an elegant and functional drying space that complements her Hampton's inspired home interior.

One of the benefits of employing wall-mounted drying racks in your home is the reduced impact on your wallet and the environment compared to dryers. By choosing this option, you can save money on energy and decrease your carbon footprint.

So, how does this Kmart laundry airing station hack work? you might be thinking. Here's a step-by-step guide to recreating Barbara's ingenious solution:

View attachment 22805

3. Screws

Steps:

1. Remove the top and middle parts of the Kmart clothes rack by simply twisting and breaking off the plastic, making the remaining structure ideal for wall-mounting.
2. Purchase white vinyl and cut it to size, wrapping it around the wood-like brackets for a polished finish.
3. Secure the modified brackets to the wall with screws, ensuring a strong and safe hold.
4. Hang your laundry on the wall-mounted rack to dry, enjoying a practical and stylish indoor drying solution.

Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper, Barbara, shared a hack for drying clothes in wet weather using the store's clothes airer.
  • The hack involves covering the wooden brackets with white vinyl to match the home's décor.
  • Commenters on social media praised the idea, with some calling it 'one of the best hacks by far.'
  • The Kmart laundry airing station hack is easy to do and can be made using one clothes drying rack and wood screws.

Several other people who have tried this hack have shared their own experiences and tips, like adding hooks to the bottom bracket for additional drying options and sprucing up the rack with decorative elements to match their décor.

Members, isn't it time to say goodbye to indoor clothes drying woes? Give this Kmart tip a try and experience the ease and style it brings to your laundry routine, particularly during those rainy days. You might also like to share this useful tip with your friends and family so we can all benefit from a hassle-free laundry experience.

What do you think of this story? Will you be giving this Kmart tip a try? Let us know in the comments below.
The smell of wet washing must be just awful. We have a clothesline under cover on our patio far better than wet clothes inside.

I always hang my washing on lines on my southside-facing patio I also leave it out there for two nights & days, I know that in Brisbane we have warmer air than down south but this works for me even when it is the rainy season. As I can't carry the basket upstairs I get my Son-in-law to take it up for me. Division of labours works well with me being old now.

View attachment 22804

View attachment 22805

3. Screws

Steps:

Key Takeaways

Why doesn’t K mart just write this newsletter everyday??? They might as well!

I usually donn’t reply to new , wonderful cleaning products or any other “new “ products they might like to sell . I do not dry my washing inside , maybe 1 or 2 items if they are not completely dry . When do some people dry inside , the obviously reason is because it is raining . So it will be damp and mould could appear on walls , ceilings, furniture etc. Then the wet washing will contribute to that as well . It is a health hazard . Just watch the weather forecast , they may not be correct all the tome , but it gives you an indication. My washing is out in the sun and wind today and ready to get off the line very soon.
I agree , too many K-mart advertisement . I do like K-mart , my husband does not shop there as they removed all the Australia Day items .

Reactions: Jennylolo
I have 2 clothes horses each having several lines,,,I use one for towels and the heavy washing after taking off bottom rungs then put it out on the back porch,,same with the smaller one ,the smalls,,tea towels and other clothing,,no way would I fit that in my laundry and wouldn't put it anywhere else in the house,,it's huge and very cumbersome

View attachment 22804

View attachment 22805

3. Screws

Steps:

Key Takeaways

I have a deck and fitted with washing lines.