Best advice was from my friend who passed away over 20 years ago to put money into my super as it was a government super and received a good balance when I retired. My thoughts are always with you Noelene 🤗🌹

These pieces of advice were sent in by the lovely Ian Rogers:

"There is never a right way to do a wrong thing" and

"People who matter don't judge, and people who judge don't matter".

Reactions: Jane Wilson
The best I've heard:-
We all have two lives, the second begins when we realize we only have one.
My personal one is:- Everyone's Special, no one's perfect.

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
Best advice - how to remove sticky labels with ease - heat label with a hair dryer for a couple minutes, label will peel off easily with no mess, very clever and so easy!

My Grandad had a statue of a beautiful Owl and under the Owl's feet was a saying and he used to read it to me and told me to remember it..
"The wise old Owl that lived in an oak the more he saw the less he spoke, the less he spoke the more he heard"
My Aunt's advise "two of you working, save one wage and live on the other and you will never be broke" (Shame I never listened)

Members! It's (finally) time for another competition!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

Happy writing! We can't wait to read all your wonderful advice!

View attachment 6270
Image Credit: Shutterstock

A friend once said this to me and I have passed it on to others. If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.
So true!

I also received many of the above. I think the one fatherly tip that has carried through in my heavy industry life. I also passed this same tip onto all my apprentices, a bit rude but it helps them remember. The tip was "Son never put your finger where you wouldn't put your willey". I have seen events or the results of accidents resulting in partial or total loss of fingers. I can count to ten without going to my toes

• Haha
Members! It's (finally) time for another competition!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

Happy writing! We can't wait to read all your wonderful advice!

View attachment 6270
Image Credit: Shutterstock
My advice is something we all should be doing in order to keep safe…
Always always LOCK your car door when going out in your car and never forget to wear your seat belt. Before seat belts became compulsory mine saved my life after being hit from behind.

The best advice a friend gave me when relating how critical her mother-in-law was: Remember, when someone points at you, three fingers point back at them.
Pretty accurate comment. I’ve noticed that the most critical people have the worst faults themselves.