Aussie Mum moved by Woolworths’ staff heart-melting gesture to her daughter– “I’ll be forever grateful”

Recently, news outlets have been filled with grim stories that’ll make you believe we’re well on our way to doomsday. But with all the terrible things happening around us, there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel – and it can all start with a simple act of kindness.

An Australian mum shared an uplifting story about a Woolworths staff member’s act of kindness. The Queensland-based mum has taken to the Woolworths Facebook page to express her gratitude, saying she was left in tears after staff from the popular supermarket chain replaced her daughter’s favourite doll for free.

In the Facebook post, the mum wrote that she reached out to Woolworths in hopes that they would have a doll identical to the one her daughter lost at a park.

z0GTPbV_HcDqVqdj_SXbky4U4C1Vf4vlRkzAgUtuZXSpvB634iliOVL_A0rFsNA9DZRPhHi1DAU3A7b5-93gbdha55zSdPMXTeaDiWpW3djUhMFtoA1y6v-rmHehxQCvFBhgq574

Woolworth’s kind gesture left the Aussie mum in tears. Image Credit: DailyMail

The lost doll had a special place in her daughter's heart. The mum explained that she bought the beloved toy in a previous Christmas toy collection at their local Woolworths and named it after her newborn cousin.

“My daughter left her beloved doll behind at a park a few weeks ago. I went back multiple times for a search and she was nowhere to be found.” she said.

“I know she just looks like an average doll but baby 'Bonnie' (referring to the doll) meant absolutely EVERYTHING to my daughter and she was absolutely heartbroken. She has cried every day since.”

This prompted the mum to reach out to Woolworths for help – stating that she was willing to go above and beyond to mend her daughter’s heart.

“I contacted Woolworths via Facebook Messenger to see if any of the stores would hopefully have one somewhere, I was willing to drive the distance to repair my daughter's broken heart.”

A Woolworths representative asked for her address and told her they would be in touch after a couple of days.

“A week later, I still hadn't heard anything but a brand new baby was delivered to our doorstep FREE OF CHARGE!! I am so grateful, I cried!” the mum wrote.

She said her daughter was ecstatic and had already named her new doll ‘Jojo’.

vAEatatsRYRp-WNkFhzNiTKOwTd6_tVPZPXPzUpT8Oia4bZULBL8CvHNbgW19RwZoT4EfzwjRh7ZbdlE9sFxXpR1sdXi8qRQfrz1i1y60MXZBpZxVrVV-VVW5PehUfsxmsR3ZDvJ

Image Credit: Microsoft News

“I told her it was from Woolworths and her words exactly were 'Mummy if you talk to Woolworths can you please let them know that I said thank you, thank you, thank you!”

“Thank you, Woolworths, with all of our hearts. My daughter's heart has been repaired and I will be forever grateful.” she said, concluding her post.

A spokesperson for Woolworths responded to the mum’s post, thanking the mum for the update and pictures. They added: “We care deeply, so we're excited to hear that baby Jojo is settling in happily.”

Way to go, Woolworths! Now, did someone leave some chopped onions around here? We’re definitely not crying…

If you’re a sucker for reading tear-jerker articles, we’ve got another great one for you to check out here.

Sponsored
Aussie Mum moved by Woolworths’ staff heart-melting gesture to her daughter– “I’ll be forever grateful”

Recently, news outlets have been filled with grim stories that’ll make you believe we’re well on our way to doomsday. But with all the terrible things happening around us, there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel – and it can all start with a simple act of kindness.

An Australian mum shared an uplifting story about a Woolworths staff member’s act of kindness. The Queensland-based mum has taken to the Woolworths Facebook page to express her gratitude, saying she was left in tears after staff from the popular supermarket chain replaced her daughter’s favourite doll for free.

In the Facebook post, the mum wrote that she reached out to Woolworths in hopes that they would have a doll identical to the one her daughter lost at a park.

z0GTPbV_HcDqVqdj_SXbky4U4C1Vf4vlRkzAgUtuZXSpvB634iliOVL_A0rFsNA9DZRPhHi1DAU3A7b5-93gbdha55zSdPMXTeaDiWpW3djUhMFtoA1y6v-rmHehxQCvFBhgq574

Woolworth’s kind gesture left the Aussie mum in tears. Image Credit: DailyMail

The lost doll had a special place in her daughter's heart. The mum explained that she bought the beloved toy in a previous Christmas toy collection at their local Woolworths and named it after her newborn cousin.

“My daughter left her beloved doll behind at a park a few weeks ago. I went back multiple times for a search and she was nowhere to be found.” she said.

“I know she just looks like an average doll but baby 'Bonnie' (referring to the doll) meant absolutely EVERYTHING to my daughter and she was absolutely heartbroken. She has cried every day since.”

This prompted the mum to reach out to Woolworths for help – stating that she was willing to go above and beyond to mend her daughter’s heart.

“I contacted Woolworths via Facebook Messenger to see if any of the stores would hopefully have one somewhere, I was willing to drive the distance to repair my daughter's broken heart.”

A Woolworths representative asked for her address and told her they would be in touch after a couple of days.

“A week later, I still hadn't heard anything but a brand new baby was delivered to our doorstep FREE OF CHARGE!! I am so grateful, I cried!” the mum wrote.

She said her daughter was ecstatic and had already named her new doll ‘Jojo’.

vAEatatsRYRp-WNkFhzNiTKOwTd6_tVPZPXPzUpT8Oia4bZULBL8CvHNbgW19RwZoT4EfzwjRh7ZbdlE9sFxXpR1sdXi8qRQfrz1i1y60MXZBpZxVrVV-VVW5PehUfsxmsR3ZDvJ

Image Credit: Microsoft News

“I told her it was from Woolworths and her words exactly were 'Mummy if you talk to Woolworths can you please let them know that I said thank you, thank you, thank you!”

“Thank you, Woolworths, with all of our hearts. My daughter's heart has been repaired and I will be forever grateful.” she said, concluding her post.

A spokesperson for Woolworths responded to the mum’s post, thanking the mum for the update and pictures. They added: “We care deeply, so we're excited to hear that baby Jojo is settling in happily.”

Way to go, Woolworths! Now, did someone leave some chopped onions around here? We’re definitely not crying…

If you’re a sucker for reading tear-jerker articles, we’ve got another great one for you to check out here.
That's wonderful.

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
There is still good in the world. With so much doom and gloom in the world just lately how did this not make the national news?!:love:
They only like doom and gloom, wouldn’t it be lovely to have a good news channel. Don’t watch the news but I would watch that news. Well done Woolworths, repaired a little girls heart. ❤️❤️

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci