Apparently Queen Victoria once said to an architect that she was pleased with his "mighty erection". She was referring to the building of course. 🧬
Yeah sure! Coming from a queen who didn't ban lesbianism because she thought it didn't exist. Banned male homosexuality though.

No way would I have erected anything for Queen Victoria. She would have given sourpussies a bad name!

1698800795251.jpeg
Author: Markus Zusak
Publisher: Picador

Review:
The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak is a heart rending, fascinating and devastating journey of emotions. And yes, the collection of a few books along the way.

It is a challenging task to write on a subject that most people have preconceived feelings. Yet Zusak is able to do this. By letting us enter into the everyday life of a group of people who have so much in common and yet are so vastly different. With Death as your friendly narrator and host through the journey, you are given special insights that might have been lost in the translation.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this book as the writing style is eclectic and unique. Never drags or becomes bogged down. One that I will gladly suggest as a must read. Just be careful, you just might start collecting books in the most unusual ways.

Michael
PS: Kathy, Thank you for the addition to my library.

I have no idea where we are up to alphabetically ...
One book I found far far better than expected was this one.
Written by Donald Trumps niece with inside family knowledge and very good psychology qualifications.
A very messed up family. A light read. Highly recommended.
Mary L Trump.jpg

I have no idea where we are up to alphabetically ...
One book I found far far better than expected was this one.
Written by Donald Trumps niece with inside family knowledge and very good psychology qualifications.
A very messed up family. A light read. Highly recommended.
View attachment 34381
Sadly, many families in politics are dysfunctional. The Kennedy family is perhaps one of the most well known. With a sister sent to an asylum. And JFK not the chosen son to become president. It was only by the death of the oldest son that he was thrust into the role.

Reactions: Wandiwa
1699930225510.jpeg
Book: Never Cry Wolf
Author: Farley Mowat
Publisher:
ISBN-

Subject:

Notes: I found this one a wonderful epic of humour and adventure. And a unique reflection on both human and animal nature. Follow the journey of an intrepid adventurer as he seeks to better understand the Wolf. In on his journey learns more about himself and the Human animal along the way.

The movie by the same name was a good adaptation. But like most things; the book proves to be far better at creating the images and feelings required for a good story.

M J Flack

Reactions: Wandiwa
🤣🤣there is a restaurant in aspendale called” the fooking”Chinese restaurant.been there for donkeys years.😋
“Fooking” restaurant in Suffolk england serves. Suck mi wang, sum dum fuc, wankin,hoo flung poo, 🙀