Alan Jones returns to Australia and speaks out: ‘My work has been my life’

Alan Jones, the renowned Australian broadcaster whose voice has resonated on the airwaves for decades, has finally broken his silence amidst swirling rumours and allegations.

In a move that has surprised many, Jones has made a resolute vow to return to the broadcasting scene despite recent challenges that have included both serious health concerns and controversial accusations.

In a candid video message, the 82-year-old media personality addressed his fans and detractors alike, confirming his unwavering intention to make a comeback.

Jones, who has been a fixture in Australian media, has faced a tumultuous period following a series of allegations published by Nine Newspapers, which claimed he engaged in inappropriate behaviour towards young men during his career.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.15.07 AM.png
Alan Jones spoke up about his health concerns and allegations against him. Credit: Alan Jones / Facebook

These allegations, which have not led to any charges by the police, have been vehemently denied by Jones and his legal team, who have labelled them as 'demonstrably false’.

Jones dismissed the allegations in his video, stating, 'I’m not going to dwell here on the allegations made about me other than I refute them entirely and the inferences associated with them.'

He also described the ‘get-Jones’ campaign against him as ‘nothing new in my life’.

The broadcasting veteran, who also coached the Wallabies, had left Australia for London just before Christmas.

Contrary to speculation, Jones clarified, ‘My absence is not what has been suggested by some in the media.’

Rather, it was a fulfilment of his promise to his godson to experience the ‘best of London's West End theatres’.

He also refuted claims that he sought help from his protégé Jake Thrupp, noting that Thrupp was in Bali for most of his trip.

Jones's plans to return to the microphone were initially slated for February, with the online platform ADH TV as his new broadcasting home.

However, a 'fresh wave of health concerns' has postponed these plans.

Jones has been candid about his health struggles, revealing that he has been dealing with 'traumatic pain' and has been postponing surgery.

A recent medical assessment rated his health as 'poor,' and he has been advised to cease working until his health issues are resolved.

‘It required a home visit where (his doctor) recommended medication and appropriate medical intervention,’ he said.

‘I have suffered no mental ageing, but I am living with two choices—constant pain where painkillers become totally ineffective or powerful medication with side effects including loss of agility and movement and erratic sleep.’

Jones's determination to return to broadcasting is a testament to his passion for his work.

‘I have every intention of returning to broadcasting eventually, it is what I do,’ he said.

'My work has been my life. I could have retired, but as I’ve often said, “If you stop, you drop.”’

You can watch Alan Jones’ video below:

Credit: Alan Jones / Facebook

Key Takeaways

• Alan Jones has announced his intention to return to broadcasting after battling health issues.
  • He refuted allegations of indecent assault and described the claims as 'demonstrably false’.
  • Health concerns have delayed his return to work despite his plans to start broadcasting on ADH TV in February.
  • Jones acknowledged his health has been rated as 'poor' and has been advised to stop working until his health issues are addressed, having suffered from 'traumatic pain' and using painkillers.
What are your thoughts about Alan Jones’ statement? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
Love Alan Jones - listened to him on 2GB in Sydney every day on my long commute to work for decades. Highly intelligent and insightful man and calls a spade a spade!
Most refreshing
I wish him well and I wish everyone else would just leave him the #%*# alone!
82 and sharp as a tack - he’s to be respected for his work whether you agree with him or not.

Love Alan Jones - listened to him on 2GB in Sydney every day on my long commute to work for decades. Highly intelligent and insightful man and calls a spade a spade!
Most refreshing
I wish him well and I wish everyone else would just leave him the #%*# alone!
82 and sharp as a tack - he’s to be respected for his work whether you agree with him or not.
I think not.

It will never be too soon. I always liked this man for his open mind and willing to attack Politicians who are more intent on protecting and advancing their own political careers than to protect and help their constituents.

This classic dirty old man. Depending on which state you live in, the coverage of his 'escapades' over the years are well document. However, in NSW they were kept out of the rags of the Murdoch press. Well published arrest in a London toilet when this scum was the coach of the Aust Rugby Union team (now better know as the Wallabies). Like many closeted gay men played the medical card. Apparently still has the same condition (can't keep his hands to himself). Many in the media in particular the radio industry knew not to leave young male cadets in the same room alone with this man. Would love to be in the court room (no doubt his legal team will want an in camera court session). Would be some very scurrilous evidence presented. Bet the commercial news mobs won't give it too much coverage.

This classic dirty old man. Depending on which state you live in, the coverage of his 'escapades' over the years are well document. However, in NSW they were kept out of the rags of the Murdoch press. Well published arrest in a London toilet when this scum was the coach of the Aust Rugby Union team (now better know as the Wallabies). Like many closeted gay men played the medical card. Apparently still has the same condition (can't keep his hands to himself). Many in the media in particular the radio industry knew not to leave young male cadets in the same room alone with this man. Would love to be in the court room (no doubt his legal team will want an in camera court session). Would be some very scurrilous evidence presented. Bet the commercial news mobs won't give it too much coverage.
Do you really know how many guy people are actually employed within the media circles.?

Why did you leave that part out of it.? Is it intentional or is it the fact that you pick and choose to support your own arguments..
I am not guy, never been one, and I am still happily married after decades of marriage, but I am more than willing to call a spade a spade.

Reactions: DrivingGirl
Do you really know how many guy people are actually employed within the media circles.?

Why did you leave that part out of it.? Is it intentional or is it the fact that you pick and choose to support your own arguments..
I am not guy, never been one, and I am still happily married after decades of marriage, but I am more than willing to call a spade a spade.
One thing I object to are these Benders robbing us of the language e.g GAY just example, they are homosexual/Lesbian own it and be proud. They used to call themselves queens?. I personally don't a problem, I worked/sailed with to many of them to be concerned, in fact mixing in with was a good way of meeting the ladies, but that's another story for another time. ( My apologies if I ramble on, I think I must have been vaccinated with a gramophone needle or I'm just a rambling old git.)