Alan Jones returns to Australia and speaks out: ‘My work has been my life’

Alan Jones, the renowned Australian broadcaster whose voice has resonated on the airwaves for decades, has finally broken his silence amidst swirling rumours and allegations.

In a move that has surprised many, Jones has made a resolute vow to return to the broadcasting scene despite recent challenges that have included both serious health concerns and controversial accusations.

In a candid video message, the 82-year-old media personality addressed his fans and detractors alike, confirming his unwavering intention to make a comeback.

Jones, who has been a fixture in Australian media, has faced a tumultuous period following a series of allegations published by Nine Newspapers, which claimed he engaged in inappropriate behaviour towards young men during his career.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.15.07 AM.png
Alan Jones spoke up about his health concerns and allegations against him. Credit: Alan Jones / Facebook

These allegations, which have not led to any charges by the police, have been vehemently denied by Jones and his legal team, who have labelled them as 'demonstrably false’.

Jones dismissed the allegations in his video, stating, 'I’m not going to dwell here on the allegations made about me other than I refute them entirely and the inferences associated with them.'

He also described the ‘get-Jones’ campaign against him as ‘nothing new in my life’.

The broadcasting veteran, who also coached the Wallabies, had left Australia for London just before Christmas.

Contrary to speculation, Jones clarified, ‘My absence is not what has been suggested by some in the media.’

Rather, it was a fulfilment of his promise to his godson to experience the ‘best of London's West End theatres’.

He also refuted claims that he sought help from his protégé Jake Thrupp, noting that Thrupp was in Bali for most of his trip.

Jones's plans to return to the microphone were initially slated for February, with the online platform ADH TV as his new broadcasting home.

However, a 'fresh wave of health concerns' has postponed these plans.

Jones has been candid about his health struggles, revealing that he has been dealing with 'traumatic pain' and has been postponing surgery.

A recent medical assessment rated his health as 'poor,' and he has been advised to cease working until his health issues are resolved.

‘It required a home visit where (his doctor) recommended medication and appropriate medical intervention,’ he said.

‘I have suffered no mental ageing, but I am living with two choices—constant pain where painkillers become totally ineffective or powerful medication with side effects including loss of agility and movement and erratic sleep.’

Jones's determination to return to broadcasting is a testament to his passion for his work.

‘I have every intention of returning to broadcasting eventually, it is what I do,’ he said.

'My work has been my life. I could have retired, but as I’ve often said, “If you stop, you drop.”’

You can watch Alan Jones’ video below:

Credit: Alan Jones / Facebook

Key Takeaways

• Alan Jones has announced his intention to return to broadcasting after battling health issues.
  • He refuted allegations of indecent assault and described the claims as 'demonstrably false’.
  • Health concerns have delayed his return to work despite his plans to start broadcasting on ADH TV in February.
  • Jones acknowledged his health has been rated as 'poor' and has been advised to stop working until his health issues are addressed, having suffered from 'traumatic pain' and using painkillers.
What are your thoughts about Alan Jones’ statement? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
This classic dirty old man. Depending on which state you live in, the coverage of his 'escapades' over the years are well document. However, in NSW they were kept out of the rags of the Murdoch press. Well published arrest in a London toilet when this scum was the coach of the Aust Rugby Union team (now better know as the Wallabies). Like many closeted gay men played the medical card. Apparently still has the same condition (can't keep his hands to himself). Many in the media in particular the radio industry knew not to leave young male cadets in the same room alone with this man. Would love to be in the court room (no doubt his legal team will want an in camera court session). Would be some very scurrilous evidence presented. Bet the commercial news mobs won't give it too much coverage.
It’s none of my business how people live their private lives - plenty of men in that generation had problems keeping their hands to them selves whey gay or not. Still fo for that matter!
I don’t listen to him for his sexual orientation but for his courage in taking on fat cat politicians and corrupt businessmen
And his straight talking no bullshit presentation.

Reactions: Kelpie
Wow homophobia is rife on this forum with every disgusting slur and adjective thought up by the best of bigots out there.
Just another reason to hate someone I suppose as if there’s not already so much hate that it’s poisoning our society at every level.

Oh dear here we go again. Is there concrete proof of these accusations,I won't judge unless I'm 100% sure this ruins lives.I've always liked him for his views and face values

A bit late to the party, but still issuing a gentle reminder to members to be kind to each other with our comments and replies. We can disagree and also remain respectful to others. 🙏

What is he waiting for?
It only costs a pittance from his coffers to stop working for the remaining few years of his life, buy a tinnie and drop a rod in while he is listing to the next young talent on the radio.
I was not an Alan Jones listener, however, did appreciate his passion and animation. I don't think I would want to keep watching him into his 90's knowing he is probably being propped up to the microphone by his aged care worker.
There has to be a lot of talent out there just waiting in the wings to be an obnoxious protege. Perhaps Jonesey could do a stint or two as a mentor.

This classic dirty old man. Depending on which state you live in, the coverage of his 'escapades' over the years are well document. However, in NSW they were kept out of the rags of the Murdoch press. Well published arrest in a London toilet when this scum was the coach of the Aust Rugby Union team (now better know as the Wallabies). Like many closeted gay men played the medical card. Apparently still has the same condition (can't keep his hands to himself). Many in the media in particular the radio industry knew not to leave young male cadets in the same room alone with this man. Would love to be in the court room (no doubt his legal team will want an in camera court session). Would be some very scurrilous evidence presented. Bet the commercial news mobs won't give it too much coverage.
Don’t like the man but I hope you can produce evidence in court or else he should Sue both you and SDC for slander

I was the first to comment today, and he is still a Turd Burglar.
Again, it is your own opinion and you should keep it to yourslef especially when they are insulting to another person. As I said in another post, I am not guy nor have I ever been one nor am I in favour of what some of these people are doing but, we should base our comments and jugdments on the capability of the person to perform in what he has been performing in an excellent way for umpteen years. I do not base judgment on a person sexual interaction especially when this person appears on a TV or radio show, I BASE MY JUDGEMENT ON HOW HE PERFORMS IN FRONT OF THE CROWD WHO IS FOLLOWING HIM. Outside of that it is the Police and the Courts job to do what neeeds to be done. NOT YOU NOR I.

• Love
Reactions: DrivingGirl
Never could stand the a-**** ! If he's he's as pure as the driven snow, as he claims to be, how come he hasn't stood up to his detractors in court ???
I can't reply to that but, excuse my ignorance here as I don't really know, has he ever been charged and prosecuted in Court for that.?

It’s none of my business how people live their private lives - plenty of men in that generation had problems keeping their hands to them selves whey gay or not. Still fo for that matter!
I don’t listen to him for his sexual orientation but for his courage in taking on fat cat politicians and corrupt businessmen
And his straight talking no bullshit presentation.
Fully agree with those comments about him standing up to the wrondoings people. Coul dit be the reason they unload sh..t upon him.?

Have you got the proofs of what you wrote or are you just mking it all up. Don't forget that any media including social media can be searched for defamation cases.

A bit late to the party, but still issuing a gentle reminder to members to be kind to each other with our comments and replies. We can disagree and also remain respectful to others. 🙏
Well said but where have you been until now as it appears that some posters here are just giving/allocating guilt and been totally absurd in their comments without even supplying any proofs of what they are writing and accusations.
I thought that anyone was innocent until proven guilty but it appears that in this particulr forum the person has been made guilty wothout supplyimng any proofs and possibly not even being tried in Court.

and so he should, count up how many people have been helped by Alan monetary wise. there are always doubters and most of them no nothing.

Never been a fan of his and why at his age does he want to return to work. Some over rated sense of his own importance. If he needs to do something there are a lot of charities he could support, financially and by volunteering his time. Bit like most politicians, think they are indispensable.

Never been a fan of his and why at his age does he want to return to work. Some over rated sense of his own importance. If he needs to do something there are a lot of charities he could support, financially and by volunteering his time. Bit like most politicians, think they are indispensable.
Age does not mean anything nor should it interfere with what one is planning to do with his own life. As such you should not go along that road in order to support your argument.
I know of a person who is about 94 years of age and he still rides horses and does cattle mastering for some farmers if and when they need his support as many young people aren't very interested in doing any hard yakka in these days, and good luck to him.
John Laws is even older than him and when he can he still goes to the studio to continue doing what he has been doing for most of life.
So, what are you trying to prove here.?
Don't forget that you will be old as well one day and you will not be happy for someone to tell you that it is time for you to go the corner and die.
My old man used to say to me when young "EVERYONE iS USEFULL BUT NO ONE IS INDISPENSABLE". Yes A. J. might not be indispensable but he is and coud be still very usefull by calling out the crooked Politicians CROOKS.

get your facts right. he has supported many a charity and also helped financially. HAVE YOU?

Fully agree with those comments about him standing up to the wrondoings people. Coul dit be the reason they unload sh..t upon him.?
Very very likely - you stand up against the big end of town and the government you’re surely going to cop a lot of flak coming back the other way . . . Got to have thick skin and belief in yourself and what you stand for. regardless of your private life and sexual orientation which is completely irrelevant and shouldn’t even be up for discussion.