Alan Jones returns to Australia and speaks out: ‘My work has been my life’

Alan Jones, the renowned Australian broadcaster whose voice has resonated on the airwaves for decades, has finally broken his silence amidst swirling rumours and allegations.

In a move that has surprised many, Jones has made a resolute vow to return to the broadcasting scene despite recent challenges that have included both serious health concerns and controversial accusations.

In a candid video message, the 82-year-old media personality addressed his fans and detractors alike, confirming his unwavering intention to make a comeback.

Jones, who has been a fixture in Australian media, has faced a tumultuous period following a series of allegations published by Nine Newspapers, which claimed he engaged in inappropriate behaviour towards young men during his career.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.15.07 AM.png
Alan Jones spoke up about his health concerns and allegations against him. Credit: Alan Jones / Facebook

These allegations, which have not led to any charges by the police, have been vehemently denied by Jones and his legal team, who have labelled them as 'demonstrably false’.

Jones dismissed the allegations in his video, stating, 'I’m not going to dwell here on the allegations made about me other than I refute them entirely and the inferences associated with them.'

He also described the ‘get-Jones’ campaign against him as ‘nothing new in my life’.

The broadcasting veteran, who also coached the Wallabies, had left Australia for London just before Christmas.

Contrary to speculation, Jones clarified, ‘My absence is not what has been suggested by some in the media.’

Rather, it was a fulfilment of his promise to his godson to experience the ‘best of London's West End theatres’.

He also refuted claims that he sought help from his protégé Jake Thrupp, noting that Thrupp was in Bali for most of his trip.

Jones's plans to return to the microphone were initially slated for February, with the online platform ADH TV as his new broadcasting home.

However, a 'fresh wave of health concerns' has postponed these plans.

Jones has been candid about his health struggles, revealing that he has been dealing with 'traumatic pain' and has been postponing surgery.

A recent medical assessment rated his health as 'poor,' and he has been advised to cease working until his health issues are resolved.

‘It required a home visit where (his doctor) recommended medication and appropriate medical intervention,’ he said.

‘I have suffered no mental ageing, but I am living with two choices—constant pain where painkillers become totally ineffective or powerful medication with side effects including loss of agility and movement and erratic sleep.’

Jones's determination to return to broadcasting is a testament to his passion for his work.

‘I have every intention of returning to broadcasting eventually, it is what I do,’ he said.

'My work has been my life. I could have retired, but as I’ve often said, “If you stop, you drop.”’

You can watch Alan Jones’ video below:

Credit: Alan Jones / Facebook

Key Takeaways

• Alan Jones has announced his intention to return to broadcasting after battling health issues.
  • He refuted allegations of indecent assault and described the claims as 'demonstrably false’.
  • Health concerns have delayed his return to work despite his plans to start broadcasting on ADH TV in February.
  • Jones acknowledged his health has been rated as 'poor' and has been advised to stop working until his health issues are addressed, having suffered from 'traumatic pain' and using painkillers.
What are your thoughts about Alan Jones’ statement? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
Never been a fan of his and why at his age does he want to return to work. Some over rated sense of his own importance. If he needs to do something there are a lot of charities he could support, financially and by volunteering his time. Bit like most politicians, think they are indispensable.
YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW THIS MAN., OTHERWISE YOU WOULD NOT PRINT SUCH A STUPID COMMENT.
This overrated man would have donated more money than you have had hot dinners. By the way how many do you donate to and I do not mean a couple of bob. Have you ever been a politician, no, what a stupid question. You do not have the intelligence for that.

Dislike the man intensely, nearly as much as I dislike Morrison, and, that is saying A LOT !!!
I had hoped we'd got shut of them both to USA, where they could have both licked trumps arse to their hearts content.
But no, like the pieces of shit they are, they both came winging back to make our lives a misery, again ☢️

Dislike the man intensely, nearly as much as I dislike Morrison, and, that is saying A LOT !!!
I had hoped we'd got shut of them both to USA, where they could have both licked trumps arse to their hearts content.
But no, like the pieces of shit they are, they both came winging back to make our lives a misery, again ☢️
i so hope they get right up your arse. LABOURITE. SAYS IT ALL.

YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW THIS MAN., OTHERWISE YOU WOULD NOT PRINT SUCH A STUPID COMMENT.
This overrated man would have donated more money than you have had hot dinners. By the way how many do you donate to and I do not mean a couple of bob. Have you ever been a politician, no, what a stupid question. You do not have the intelligence for that.
You got "this overrated man "SPOT ON :ROFLMAO:(y)

And of course you know him!!!! I don’t need to know him to dislike him. MY OPINION, he is a pompous twit. Yes I do donate to several charities, I have done so for many years. I donate what I can afford, which is probably more than you bother to. No, I have not been a politician, I pride myself on being an honest person, can’t be a politician unless you are good at ripping off the population and lying your way about everything, definitely not on my agenda. This is MY OPINION also. Presumably everyone is still allowed to have an opinion, or do you expect us to all fall into line like good little soldiers and say nothing.

Not a fan. He comes across as pompous. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but don’t have to hog the airwaves. Same as others on radio talk back. Prefer not to listen to them.

Reactions: Gsr
Do you know Alan Jones?

I wouldn't want to know Alan Jones....or YOU for that matter!

And of course you know him!!!! I don’t need to know him to dislike him. MY OPINION, he is a pompous twit. Yes I do donate to several charities, I have done so for many years. I donate what I can afford, which is probably more than you bother to. No, I have not been a politician, I pride myself on being an honest person, can’t be a politician unless you are good at ripping off the population and lying your way about everything, definitely not on my agenda. This is MY OPINION also. Presumably everyone is still allowed to have an opinion, or do you expect us to all fall into line like good little soldiers and say nothing.
Wow - calm down!
Alan Jones would be thrilled to think people got so fired up about his return to radio!
Let him be, can’t make your life a misery if you don’t let him.

Obvioulsy you are a one sided minded person who only follows the BS that your party leader is spreading around like manure.
The misery you are talking about is the one that ALBO and his hard left lunatics are doing and forcing it unto us as they wouldn't know anything about economy but only what they can get out from their Political career WHILE ALL AT OUR COSTS.
As for TRUMP I wish we had one here like him because with the highly demented Biden, followed by another possibly demented as well who is a compulsive liar and only copy cat what Biden is doing we have something to look for. NOT..!!!

No, but, a lot of them DO know how to spell
:ROFLMAO:
Yep, with the corrector/spell checker on the computer. You only have to listen to ALBO (IF YOU CAN DECEIPHER between all the lies he is constantly spewing out without even thinking or remorse, and you soon realise what a twit and a liar he is. By the way, how much did he everv donated to if not with your and my money.?