Woolworths shopper left speechless after receiving wrong order, says staff’s heartwarming act made her day

When it comes to online shopping, one of our primary concerns is the possibility of our orders getting mixed up or being substituted for another item.

Oftentimes, it happens because the items that we ordered are out-of-stock.

In fact, it has been rampant in the past couple of months, since online shopping became popular amongst Australians due to COVID-related lockdowns.

Aussie shoppers have seen some of the most bizarre product substitutions in recent months, including a customer receiving sanitary pads as a substitute for her order of bananas

While it can't be denied that it can be frustrating when this happens, one Woolworths shopper was left speechless over a staff member's kind gesture after substituting her order...

A Woolies shopper has taken to Facebook to share a team member's heartwarming act after it was revealed to her that the staff swapped her order for another similar item due to its unavailability.

The WA shopper said that she could not believe it when she found a handwritten apology letter along with a packet of M&Ms on a meat pack in her order, indicating that her order of lamb and beef meatballs were not available and that the staff had no choice but to make a last-minute substitution of her order.

8jThBKoUcUeidbtCmAcSROkrQoR_WKHDilIm9-gjZSuoY0QMau4hjAa88Wi_JdSsW-wHzZm3syTUogwGdxxNheY_R7YX71CUPc5Yc5XM8J89bAt5Ub32fR97LZuJjh8RPcWUi58

A Woolworths staff member wrote a secret apology note after doing a last-minute substitution of a customer’s order. Credit: Facebook.

The post-it note read: “Sorry we didn’t have the lamb and beef meatballs. These are the closest. Sorry again.”

The shopper admitted that the act has left her speechless.

She wrote: “Woolworths Dalyellup [has] once again surpassed my customer service expectations.”

“You guys seriously are the best. Your staff go above and beyond every day.”

A Woolworths spokesperson commented on the heartwarming act, saying that the company is pleased that the "thoughtful gesture" was "well-received by the customer".

“At Woolworths, our teams strive to bring a little good to everyone everyday, and this is yet another great example,” the spokesperson said.

“We’ve passed on the customer’s feedback to our operations team so the team member is recognised for going above and beyond.”

Have you experienced similar situations before? How did it got for you? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Woolworths shopper left speechless after receiving wrong order, says staff’s heartwarming act made her day

When it comes to online shopping, one of our primary concerns is the possibility of our orders getting mixed up or being substituted for another item.

In fact, it has been rampant in the past couple of months, since online shopping became popular amongst Australians due to COVID-related lockdowns.

Aussie shoppers have seen some of the most bizarre product substitutions in recent months, including a customer receiving sanitary pads as a substitute for her order of bananas

While it can't be denied that it can be frustrating when this happens, one Woolworths shopper was left speechless over a staff member's kind gesture after substituting her order...

A Woolies shopper has taken to Facebook to share a team member's heartwarming act after it was revealed to her that the staff swapped her order for another similar item due to its unavailability.

The WA shopper said that she could not believe it when she found a handwritten apology letter along with a packet of M&Ms on a meat pack in her order, indicating that her order of lamb and beef meatballs were not available and that the staff had no choice but to make a last-minute substitution of her order.

8jThBKoUcUeidbtCmAcSROkrQoR_WKHDilIm9-gjZSuoY0QMau4hjAa88Wi_JdSsW-wHzZm3syTUogwGdxxNheY_R7YX71CUPc5Yc5XM8J89bAt5Ub32fR97LZuJjh8RPcWUi58

A Woolworths staff member wrote a secret apology note after doing a last-minute substitution of a customer’s order. Credit: Facebook.

The post-it note read: “Sorry we didn’t have the lamb and beef meatballs. These are the closest. Sorry again.”

She wrote: “Woolworths Dalyellup [has] once again surpassed my customer service expectations.”

A Woolworths spokesperson commented on the heartwarming act, saying that the company is pleased that the "thoughtful gesture" was "well-received by the customer".

“At Woolworths, our teams strive to bring a little good to everyone everyday, and this is yet another great example,” the spokesperson said.

“We’ve passed on the customer’s feedback to our operations team so the team member is recognised for going above and beyond.”

Have you experienced similar situations before? How did it got for you? Share your stories with us in the comments below!
One of my click and collect orders was really messed up. I rang woollies, my local store, and a staff member turned up at my door with the correct items plus flowers, chocolates and a gift card. Love my woollies.

Reactions: viviennemary1951
I don't do online shopping, so I don't understand the rules.
If Woolies doesn't have a product you ordered, do they have to substitute it with a product close to the specified item?
Does the customer pay for the substituted item?
I wouldn't want to be paying for M&Ms when I ordered a meat product.
You can opt for a substitute item or refund. No you don't pay for gifts.

Reactions: Janet g and JayKay
If Woolies doesn't have a product you ordered, do they have to substitute it with a product close to the specified item?
I agree with Jaykay If they have not got the product, I would not want to pay for a substitute.

Reactions: Ricci
I am with on this one

They will only substitute if you give them permission and then only for something similar and of equal or greater value at no extra cost to you. Otherwise you get a refund. The M&Ms would have been free as a thank you for your understanding.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: JayKay and debjane
Woolies substituted the pictured meat product for the meatballs. The sweets were a gift as an apology with the note. You also have the choice to have no substitution if your selected item is out of stock..

how about firelighters instead of matches??

• Haha
i had a simular thing that happened to me while i was shopping i stopped at the deli and i picked a roasted chicken and told her to hold it for me until i finished my shopping she put sold on the chicken and wheni went back to pick it up the chicken was gone so i complained to the manager he apolagised and said it should not have happened so he got the girls to give me another chicken with a large box of cadbury favorites i thought it was very nice and thoughtful marg:)(y)

I had to read the story twice to get that Woolies substituted another meat product and gave the customer some M & M’s.
I am watching Swat on Foxtel at the same time. 🤣

• Haha