Woolworths shopper’s distasteful complaint about pre-cut vegetables prompts an intense debate online – which side are YOU on?

SIDENOTE: This article contains VERY strong language (referring to the original Reddit post) that may make some members uncomfortable. We have of course censored this language, but we just want to warn any readers before reading the article.

Ahhh… The internet. A space where even the most mundane things can leave someone absolutely enraged. This time around, a Reddit user stole the limelight after sharing their unfiltered take about a display of pre-cut vegetables at their local Woolworths store.

Sharing their frustration on Reddit, the customer criticised shoppers who purchase the veggie packs, deeming them as “dumb” because “they can’t cut”. The customer also slammed the supermarket giant for packing the pre-cut vegetables in “more” plastic.

“How useless are c*** these days? F*** sake Woolies, it's bad enough dumb c**** are buying this s*** because they can't cut s***, why more f***ing plastic too?!” the user sneered.

y8-apgA04xRxYdiaa5vFodhAMqbpdgpJCEDRLGLRx7it8noAoPBffe-GLoZJBZjyBWdt_CjnMu8tLespKcsA2BiOrNFL8elZydvYwRzW-QIV5F3y7PmWDNj5uKFWDOBRSRUjFPn7h9SNwkFKiXw

Woolworth’s pre-cut produce. Image Credit: @getyerhandsoffit (Reddit)

Alongside the post was a photo of the range, featuring trays and bags of diced onions, sliced potatoes and pumpkin cubes.

Several Reddit users sided with the shopper, with one mocking: “How time-poor are you to not cut veggies?”

But many more were quick to point out the user’s ignorance, arguing that the chopped and sliced vegetables were a “blessing” for people with disabilities as well as the elderly.

“A lot of comments here are calling out people for being lazy… But these are actually a godsend for people with disabilities, fine motor issues, etc,” explained one.

“Some people simply can’t hold a knife and cut vegetables. This makes fresh produce accessible to them. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Seems like there’s a lot more out there to complain about than this.”

Post Credit: @getyerhandoffit

“It’s easy to say this if you’re able-bodied, but how about all the elderly? Many have severe arthritis and can’t chop or stir anymore.” chimed another.

A third wrote: “When I was recovering from an illness these things allowed me to cook on my own and not have to rely on my parents or a helper. The plastic sucks, I agree, but it’s not about being too lazy or whatever, guys…”

One more added: “Maybe you should step outside of what little able-bodied bubble you are living in and consider the fact that these exist for those who are unable to prepare meals for themselves but still want to eat healthy homemade food,”

“Sure the plastic isn’t great, but that’s why I suggest not buying pre-packaged stuff like this if you don’t need it,”

Others added that it also made life much easier for many Australians.

“The missus works, and I’m the chief cook, bottle washer, taxi service, groundskeeper, electrician, plumber and carpenter for our house,” one user explained. “And while I usually peel and chop everything fresh, I’ve gotta admit that I very occasionally get the pre-cut roast veggies from Woolies after a long, hectic day of doing all of the above.”

What are your thoughts on the Reddit user’s controversial opinion on pre-cut vegetables? Do you agree that it’s a ridiculous product to be sold in supermarkets or were they being insensitive? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
SIDENOTE: This article contains VERY strong language (referring to the original Reddit post) that may make some members uncomfortable. We have of course censored this language, but we just want to warn any readers before reading the article.

Ahhh… The internet. A space where even the most mundane things can leave someone absolutely enraged. This time around, a Reddit user stole the limelight after sharing their unfiltered take about a display of pre-cut vegetables at their local Woolworths store.

Sharing their frustration on Reddit, the customer criticised shoppers who purchase the veggie packs, deeming them as “dumb” because “they can’t cut”. The customer also slammed the supermarket giant for packing the pre-cut vegetables in “more” plastic.

“How useless are c*** these days? F*** sake Woolies, it's bad enough dumb c**** are buying this s*** because they can't cut s***, why more f***ing plastic too?!” the user sneered.

y8-apgA04xRxYdiaa5vFodhAMqbpdgpJCEDRLGLRx7it8noAoPBffe-GLoZJBZjyBWdt_CjnMu8tLespKcsA2BiOrNFL8elZydvYwRzW-QIV5F3y7PmWDNj5uKFWDOBRSRUjFPn7h9SNwkFKiXw

Alongside the post was a photo of the range, featuring trays and bags of diced onions, sliced potatoes and pumpkin cubes.

Several Reddit users sided with the shopper, with one mocking: “How time-poor are you to not cut veggies?”

But many more were quick to point out the user’s ignorance, arguing that the chopped and sliced vegetables were a “blessing” for people with disabilities as well as the elderly.

“A lot of comments here are calling out people for being lazy… But these are actually a godsend for people with disabilities, fine motor issues, etc,” explained one.

“Some people simply can’t hold a knife and cut vegetables. This makes fresh produce accessible to them. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Seems like there’s a lot more out there to complain about than this.”

“It’s easy to say this if you’re able-bodied, but how about all the elderly? Many have severe arthritis and can’t chop or stir anymore.” chimed another.

A third wrote: “When I was recovering from an illness these things allowed me to cook on my own and not have to rely on my parents or a helper. The plastic sucks, I agree, but it’s not about being too lazy or whatever, guys…”

One more added: “Maybe you should step outside of what little able-bodied bubble you are living in and consider the fact that these exist for those who are unable to prepare meals for themselves but still want to eat healthy homemade food,”

“Sure the plastic isn’t great, but that’s why I suggest not buying pre-packaged stuff like this if you don’t need it,”

“The missus works, and I’m the chief cook, bottle washer, taxi service, groundskeeper, electrician, plumber and carpenter for our house,” one user explained. “And while I usually peel and chop everything fresh, I’ve gotta admit that I very occasionally get the pre-cut roast veggies from Woolies after a long, hectic day of doing all of the above.”

What are your thoughts on the Reddit user’s controversial opinion on pre-cut vegetables? Do you agree that it’s a ridiculous product to be sold in supermarkets or were they being insensitive? Let us know in the comments!

it is more that ridiculous, no wonder that science states that our brains are shrinking.

Reactions: KERSON and Ricci

If you have arthritis in your hands the pre cut is a great help

How many people do NOT put the plastics in the correct recycle bin? How many people put waste in a recycle bin instead of rubbish bin? Most who abuse the correct use of rubbish bins are fully functioning adults who don’t give a damn, which is a huge problem regarding plastic. It’s a far bigger problem.

I believe this person should first of all tone the language down While this person may criticise and falsely accuse others of laziness, this person should take a good look at her or his self first.

Some people may be lazy because they can’t be bothered to cut up their own vegetables but that Tic Toc user is nothing but a foul mouthed scum bag!! Seriously sick of these type of inane rubbish stories!

I am 65 and live by myself and I find these packs of fresh veggies very convenient for me. I do have arthritis in my fingers and sometimes chopping can be a slow and painful chore. As for the plastic - I recycle it at the store!

The Reddit comments are written by u/getyerhandsoffit and posted by r/straya tells me all that I need to know..... DICKHEADS!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci
Remember when we were young & our parents used to say things like 'don't judge others' and 'it's none of your business' ...... I miss those days 😪

And anyone who swears that disgustingly publicly is not displaying intelligence, respect, manners etc either. Just another intolerant self righteous judgemental poor excuse for a decent human.

Just a pissed of greeny complaining about the packaging than the product helping people with disabilities etc get a life 🙄

I believe this person should first of all tone the language down While this person may criticise and falsely accuse others of laziness, this person should take a good look at her or his self first.
Strongly agree. Unacceptable language. Unable to use descriptive English Adjectives, Verbs, ? I think so.

Reactions: Ricci