Woolworths sends shoppers into a frenzy after launching a budget-friendly KFC dupe

We all know that feeling. You're out and about and you just get a hankering for some fast food. Maybe it's a greasy burger and fries, or a piping hot slice of pizza. Whatever it is, you know you shouldn't indulge, whether it’s for financial or health reasons, but you can't resist. And so you sneak off to the nearest fast food joint, telling yourself you'll just have a little taste.

But let's be honest - we all know that once we start, it's hard to stop. We end up ordering way more than we originally intended, and before we know it, we're stuffed. And then we start to feel guilty. We berate ourselves for succumbing to temptation, and we vow to do better next time.

And then there's inflation, affecting the prices of fast food. You think twice about spending your hard-earned money on it. After all, you could put that money towards something else, something that's maybe a little healthier and won't leave you feeling guilty later.

So, how can we escape this loophole of cravings and money-spending?

Well, there are some cheaper alternatives to this habit of ordering takeaways. It's preparing your 'takeaway' meals at home!

You read that right, you can always make yourself some fast food-inspired meals using more budget-friendly ingredients from your local grocery store.

m9LCQIV7wfVYuegVoWzMT8cdlmobYyzpMv9nPupIznd4oinlsUbVpCJE1XVMFpf402o20h0HQKoQnWVvrkDYKiD_RQD6gNtxpv1cqfMzzTmljR-niNAuaGhWoWS7fDZGNdoB7VkffvoVVLLK5irk7G6Qhbs4Q0D8TIaaXOLH4kzbMpn9JlXF_V0c

Shoppers raved over the freezer item for tasting like KFC. Credit: TikTok.

Just take a look at this one frozen item from Woolworths that is taking customers by storm after many raved about how it tastes 'exactly' like a burger from KFC, with some going as far as to consider it superior to its fast food counterpart.

One of the customers who was astounded by Woolworths' Tegel Take Outs Louisiana Style Burgers is TikTok user Laura, who shared a two-part video using the fried chicken patties to replicate KFC's popular Zinger burger.

The first video, which has received close to a million views, features Laura going to Woolies to buy the item.

'Just got to Woolworths because I heard they have these Louisiana chicken burgers that taste exactly like KFC — you've got to cook them in an air fryer,' she said in the clip.

In the second video, she assembled the KFC dupe by combining chicken, lettuce, cheese, her own take on the chain's pepper mayo, and a seeded bun.

'They legit smell like a KFC fillet burger. Yum,' she commented as she took a bite of the burger which she called 'delicious'.

Many people agreed with Laura's sentiment, with one user claiming that they also tried the frozen item to make their own burgers and yet they still tasted like KFC.

'I had them tonight, so much like KFC!!!' they wrote.

Another added: 'They are fantastic … had three today in the air fryer … unbelievable.'

Others commented that the chicken 'tastes better' and was 'not exactly' like KFC.

Bec Hardgrave, a fitness and health coach, reached the same conclusion and uploaded a video of her replication of a KFC burger using the frozen food last week.

'This tastes just like KFC, but better,' she said, giving it a score of '20/10'.

She also wrote in the comments that she’s 'convinced they taste the same’!

'Need to make it again, buy the real one and compare!' she said.

When we make duplicates of fast food items at home, we have the power to make them healthier. By swapping out certain ingredients, we can create healthier versions of our favourite comfort foods.

We can also save money by making duplicates of fast food items. When we do this, we can control how much we spend on food and we can also save leftovers for another meal.

Creating duplicates of fast food items can help us lead healthier and more budget-friendly lifestyles.

So next time you're feeling the urge to head to the drive-thru, consider trying this product at home instead!

Do you know other recipes or tips for recreating the perfect fast food burger dupe? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I much prefer to make my own burgers as I can control what goes into them but these chicken ones are good. I also like Woolies frozen chicken wings, they also taste much like KFC and make a good snack in the air fryer.:)

I would like to know what is exactly in these burghers.

It doesn't take long to make your own and you can also freeze them.

I'm going to add a couple of burgher recipes tonight, that are easy and very tasty

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
I have bought these burger patties, and love making my own style of burger!!

This company also sells crumbed and coated chicken pieces, which is soooo much like the KFC chicken pieces

Please note, these do not need to be cooked in airfryer, you can also cook them in your main oven, but do add about 5-8 minutes longer !!

Best time to buy them is when they are half price, which Woolworth's do every 2-3 weeks

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
This forum is so handy for sharing a wide array of interesting & helpful information like this, thanks to our writers & readers. Thankyou to all.

Reactions: Ricci