Woolworths customer’s ‘gross’ find in a pack of chicken wings leaves Aussies in a heated debate - “Pathetic, really…”

We’ve all had our fair share of unexpected encounters with a product. Sometimes, they may be vastly different from what we pictured them to be, other buys exceed expectations, but a few have also experienced purchasing an item that turned out so bad – it’s borderline traumatising.

At least that’s what happened to this Woolworths shopper.

One Woolworths shopper took to Facebook to share her disappointment after buying a pack of RSPCA Approved chicken wings from the supermarket giant and discovering that some of the chook pieces still had feathers attached to them.

“Hey Woolworths, where do I buy the pre-plucked wings from?” she wrote in her Facebook post.

“I feel like I’m paying to do someone else’s job myself.”

She went on to say that it was “gross” to have to “pluck them before eating”. She added: “I don’t even touch raw meat.”

Snaps taken by the customer evidently showed that several of the wings hadn’t been completely plucked, leaving her frustrated. Although several users agreed that her purchase was indeed bewildering, some thought it was an overreaction – eventually leading to a cyberwar of words on social media.

1S1UPiKtnhKhdg7IKj_8ImeJJ0i0aZklFK87jd_XhCMxOhqm4xZI-kds-ypRmQf39j8oHEUmgjHJd0S7EWOfDe9XSFglDEvAAg5_YSJXEevIIvz3ARNsl7j9MucWV-Lm1iRI_wZ5
FW6sCUPMPgKIKA3Su3Nm_gwsOCuy_zq2cF578dgXs-MAD5iY2bM9W-lS2WHStSLZfRpWgeJUKx85UyqcDePk3avJ5dFSEUng-0nGO648vB5Q3Ydz2yL2ezFymD2UMYUOeRk2UdKE

Image Credit: 7News

“I don’t want it to look like an animal before I cook it. Otherwise, I’d go to a farmer or a butcher. That’s disgusting!” said one.

“Pluck the f***ing chooks.” commented another.

“Pathetic really, makes me want to go vegan.” complained a third.

“That’s so gross.” one more criticised.

But others opposed the shopper, arguing that she shouldn’t be surprised by the discovery.

“Oh wow, I didn’t realise chickens have feathers,” one pointed out sarcastically.

Another wrote: “Gross? What’s gross about a chicken having feathers?”

“Buys dead animal, surprised to find some feathers.” said a third.

A fourth suggested she should “look at what you are buying rather than picking up packs blindly”.

“It’s not hard to do it yourself,” the user added. “It will only take a few seconds to get rid of the few short pieces of feathers that remain.”

Despite the massive backlash, the shopper insisted that the packs on display were ‘all the same’ and continued to argue that she didn’t feel it was her job to remove the feathers.

“Paying a premium price for DIY plucking… umm no thanks!” She fought back.

Meanwhile, Woolworths took notice of the dilemma and issued an apology for the mishap. A Woolworths spokesperson said that the supermarket is investigating the shopper’s complaint.

“This pack doesn’t meet our usual standards of quality and we’re disappointed to see this customer’s experience,” the spokesperson said.

“This appears to be an isolated customer report and we’ve passed it on to our supply partner to look into it further.”

If you’ve ever had any concerns about the quality of a product from Woolworths, the supermarket encourages its customers to return it to the store for a full refund or replacement.

Which side are you on? Do you think the shopper was being overdramatic or was her complaint valid? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Looking for a similar story? We’ve got another great read for you here.

Sponsored
OMG, a feather or two has passed the pluckers eyesight. If you don't touch raw meat (?) then don some plastic gloves and take the feathers out with a pair of tweezers.
Instead of face booking your find, why not take it up with the supermarket manager first......you will be surprised how well you would be looked after. No need for all the dramatics via social media.

Woolworths customer’s ‘gross’ find in a pack of chicken wings leaves Aussies in a heated debate - “Pathetic, really…”

We’ve all had our fair share of unexpected encounters with a product. Sometimes, they may be vastly different from what we pictured them to be, other buys exceed expectations, but a few have also experienced purchasing an item that turned out so bad – it’s borderline traumatising.

One Woolworths shopper took to Facebook to share her disappointment after buying a pack of RSPCA Approved chicken wings from the supermarket giant and discovering that some of the chook pieces still had feathers attached to them.

“Hey Woolworths, where do I buy the pre-plucked wings from?” she wrote in her Facebook post.

She went on to say that it was “gross” to have to “pluck them before eating”. She added: “I don’t even touch raw meat.”

Snaps taken by the customer evidently showed that several of the wings hadn’t been completely plucked, leaving her frustrated. Although several users agreed that her purchase was indeed bewildering, some thought it was an overreaction – eventually leading to a cyberwar of words on social media.

1S1UPiKtnhKhdg7IKj_8ImeJJ0i0aZklFK87jd_XhCMxOhqm4xZI-kds-ypRmQf39j8oHEUmgjHJd0S7EWOfDe9XSFglDEvAAg5_YSJXEevIIvz3ARNsl7j9MucWV-Lm1iRI_wZ5
FW6sCUPMPgKIKA3Su3Nm_gwsOCuy_zq2cF578dgXs-MAD5iY2bM9W-lS2WHStSLZfRpWgeJUKx85UyqcDePk3avJ5dFSEUng-0nGO648vB5Q3Ydz2yL2ezFymD2UMYUOeRk2UdKE

“I don’t want it to look like an animal before I cook it. Otherwise, I’d go to a farmer or a butcher. That’s disgusting!” said one.

But others opposed the shopper, arguing that she shouldn’t be surprised by the discovery.

“Oh wow, I didn’t realise chickens have feathers,” one pointed out sarcastically.

A fourth suggested she should “look at what you are buying rather than picking up packs blindly”.

“It’s not hard to do it yourself,” the user added. “It will only take a few seconds to get rid of the few short pieces of feathers that remain.”

Despite the massive backlash, the shopper insisted that the packs on display were ‘all the same’ and continued to argue that she didn’t feel it was her job to remove the feathers.

Meanwhile, Woolworths took notice of the dilemma and issued an apology for the mishap. A Woolworths spokesperson said that the supermarket is investigating the shopper’s complaint.

“This pack doesn’t meet our usual standards of quality and we’re disappointed to see this customer’s experience,” the spokesperson said.

“This appears to be an isolated customer report and we’ve passed it on to our supply partner to look into it further.”

If you’ve ever had any concerns about the quality of a product from Woolworths, the supermarket encourages its customers to return it to the store for a full refund or replacement.

Which side are you on? Do you think the shopper was being overdramatic or was her complaint valid? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

OMG … grow up!!

Any one who has had to butcher and pluck their own chooks will tell you what a rigmarole it is, it is not a fun job and easy to miss a few feathers. We used to hold the plucked chook over a flame to burn off anything that was missed. We should be grateful to get chicken already prepared so cheaply. A few feathers are neither here nor there. Just pluck them out.

Oh dear. Whilst Woolies needs to watch it's quality control, a few feathers in the packet is a first world problem. Not a big issue. The person who said "I don't touch raw meat" wouldn't survive a REAL crisis. 🤣

I think the shopper was well in her rights. My husband has seen this a few times. I agree with the comment if you’re paying premium prices then you can expect premium products. I’m happy to hear Woolworths are investigating it.

I think the shopper was well in her rights. My husband has seen this a few times. I agree with the comment if you’re paying premium prices then you can expect premium products. I’m happy to hear Woolworths are investigating it.
I agree that they are entitled to have the job done properly but these mistakes do happen. I think contacting the manager of the shop would be a better place to go to rather than fb. It seems like more and more people are going on fb just to have a whinge rather than sorting out their own problems.

I agree that they are entitled to have the job done properly but these mistakes do happen. I think contacting the manager of the shop would be a better place to go to rather than fb. It seems like more and more people are going on fb just to have a whinge rather than sorting out their own problems.
The article states that Woolies is taking notice, that it doesn't meet their standards, and they are contacting their supplier.

Reactions: StephenA and Ricci
Though she overreacted, Wollies should make sure that the presentation of their products looks appealing. I wouldn’t pick that packet if I saw it.
Funny that she says that she doesn’t touch raw meat…….doesn’t she washes it before she cooks it??? 🤨🫣😝😄

Shopper was definetly over dramatic. If that is the worst she has to deal with in life, she should count her blessings Send get on with it.

Welcome to the real world, God help those if they are ever in a situation that have to fend for themselves. Chickens have feathers, they are mechanically plucked. You won't touch raw meat, so you expect others to do if for you. Even a cabbage screams when plucked from the earth. Wake up, think how lucky you are that you can just get what ever you feel like eating. Many don't have that opportunity of any choice..

My grandmother and mother used to pluck the whole chicken before cooking it. They were a luxury at that time and we grew our own and killed and dressed them accordingly. To see a chook running around the backyard headless was a sight to see. Don't be so precious. You should be glad you have decent food.

I be encountered this many times, it isn’t nice and I believe if you buy in a supermarket there should be a standard and that doesn’t include feathers. Im

Reactions: Ricci

I agree with her .I dislike cleaning feathers from the chook it should be cleaned before it’s sold.

Reactions: Ricci