Woolies shopper's 'disrespectful' act in-store called out by fellow customers: 'So lazy'

In a typical supermarket, hundreds of customers will pass through the doors every day, giving staff and fellow shoppers alike enough opportunities to witness the best (and at the same time, the worst) grocery-store habits out there.

According to several supermarket employees on social media, one of the most frustrating things customers do while shopping for food is placing items on shelves where they don't belong.

We have to admit – most of us here have probably done this at some point.

You're already in line at the counter when you realise you don't need that extra bottle of detergent after all. But it's a long way back to the cleaning section, and the person in front of you is almost done. So, you have no choice but to put the bottle next to the bags of chips on a nearby shelf.

Even though doing this might make things easier for us, it can make someone else's job a lot more difficult.

Why? Because it not only makes the store look messy and unkempt, but it also runs the risk of causing food to spoil (milk, meat, etc.) and wasting perfectly good products.

HGzdYX3pZPtqFQAwu-6uFEY87Jh3ktJuytSqXx8kotVbI2h2jlE8n7tNt54M9q-DzhnAHkNiTWwIrOjf6Ae_2C9tKjJpT5Jb2Ua5Y2Up4PVDNu12hDIQUP0VANUWqkf1oFE_Eew1gdHR6gO5YXufbYM

Many people were upset by what they saw in the cleaning aisle of a Woolies store. Credit: Twitter.

Such is the case with this one Woolies shopper who left a tray of Woolworths Beef Mince in the unrefrigerated section on a shelf that was stocked with a variety of cleaning supplies.

A fellow shopper took a picture of the 'disrespectful' act and then posted it on social media. The behaviour made a lot of other shoppers angry, and many pointed out that the mince might be thrown away because of this.

'I just shake my head at what some people do at supermarkets and where they dump stuff they don't want,' the concerned shopper wrote on Twitter.

She also said it was upsetting that the customer's 'lazy' action had caused an animal to die needlessly. 'This meat, which an animal died for, will now likely become trash.'

The tweet was seen by a lot of other users on the platform, and many of them said they agreed that it was a waste of a meat product.

'Yes. It cuts me to the core when I see a dead animal being abused in any way,' one user wrote in response. 'They died for our benefit - the least we can do is respect its dignity in death.'

A second user added: 'So lazy. This was a living animal, and now it's going to wind up as rubbish because someone couldn't be bothered moving it back to the fridge.'

'Yep, I see it all the time at my local - and also meat put in the freezer,' said a third.

3LEv2pPdo4pTNhLFUbsRtc1_i-AWfnZumKamqB4Y4P43JVM3iiYNNejrTFH5Pg0rvAIfowoS7PQd4D9Y_m-qkz9dvwxjg0No2-bSxH0i_QmJ2eboYo1FmaGGnAztZSMXpGuLhQhC-7Zj6dsPF81D18U

Someone had put a Hot Roast Chicken in the frozen pizza section, as discovered by a fellow shopper. Credit: Reddit.

In June, something similar happened at another Woolworths location. A customer carelessly left an entire hot roast chicken in a freezer of the store, where it was found surrounded by numerous boxes of frozen pizza products.

'Really annoys me. Some lazy shopper couldn't be bothered to return it to the hot chook section and so just dumped it in the freezer instead,' said the shopper who posted the incident on social media.

'Meaning a chicken has died for no reason. I went there on Saturday and Sunday, and it was there both days.'

So there you have it, folks! It might take you a few more seconds, but if you make the effort to put that extra pack of mince back where it belongs, you will be making someone else's life a lot simpler and avoiding waste.

What are your thoughts? Are there any other habits that people do while grocery shopping that gets on your nerves? Tell us in the comments!

Sponsored
I've done that but if for some reason I change my mind on meat or fridge item I take it back. If it is a shelf item I will leave it at the checkout.

I actually hate people reading magazines at the checkout as someone is going to buy it and take it home.

In a typical supermarket, hundreds of customers will pass through the doors every day, giving staff and fellow shoppers alike enough opportunities to witness the best (and at the same time, the worst) grocery-store habits out there.

According to several supermarket employees on social media, one of the most frustrating things customers do while shopping for food is placing items on shelves where they don't belong.

You're already in line at the counter when you realise you don't need that extra bottle of detergent after all. But it's a long way back to the cleaning section, and the person in front of you is almost done. So, you have no choice but to put the bottle next to the bags of chips on a nearby shelf.

Even though doing this might make things easier for us, it can make someone else's job a lot more difficult.

Why? Because it not only makes the store look messy and unkempt, but it also runs the risk of causing food to spoil (milk, meat, etc.) and wasting perfectly good products.

HGzdYX3pZPtqFQAwu-6uFEY87Jh3ktJuytSqXx8kotVbI2h2jlE8n7tNt54M9q-DzhnAHkNiTWwIrOjf6Ae_2C9tKjJpT5Jb2Ua5Y2Up4PVDNu12hDIQUP0VANUWqkf1oFE_Eew1gdHR6gO5YXufbYM

Many people were upset by what they saw in the cleaning aisle of a Woolies store. Credit: Twitter.

Such is the case with this one Woolies shopper who left a tray of Woolworths Beef Mince in the unrefrigerated section on a shelf that was stocked with a variety of cleaning supplies.

A fellow shopper took a picture of the 'disrespectful' act and then posted it on social media. The behaviour made a lot of other shoppers angry, and many pointed out that the mince might be thrown away because of this.

'I just shake my head at what some people do at supermarkets and where they dump stuff they don't want,' the concerned shopper wrote on Twitter.

She also said it was upsetting that the customer's 'lazy' action had caused an animal to die needlessly. 'This meat, which an animal died for, will now likely become trash.'

The tweet was seen by a lot of other users on the platform, and many of them said they agreed that it was a waste of a meat product.

'Yes. It cuts me to the core when I see a dead animal being abused in any way,' one user wrote in response. 'They died for our benefit - the least we can do is respect its dignity in death.'

A second user added: 'So lazy. This was a living animal, and now it's going to wind up as rubbish because someone couldn't be bothered moving it back to the fridge.'

'Yep, I see it all the time at my local - and also meat put in the freezer,' said a third.

3LEv2pPdo4pTNhLFUbsRtc1_i-AWfnZumKamqB4Y4P43JVM3iiYNNejrTFH5Pg0rvAIfowoS7PQd4D9Y_m-qkz9dvwxjg0No2-bSxH0i_QmJ2eboYo1FmaGGnAztZSMXpGuLhQhC-7Zj6dsPF81D18U

Someone had put a Hot Roast Chicken in the frozen pizza section, as discovered by a fellow shopper. Credit: Reddit.

In June, something similar happened at another Woolworths location. A customer carelessly left an entire hot roast chicken in a freezer of the store, where it was found surrounded by numerous boxes of frozen pizza products.

'Really annoys me. Some lazy shopper couldn't be bothered to return it to the hot chook section and so just dumped it in the freezer instead,' said the shopper who posted the incident on social media.

'Meaning a chicken has died for no reason. I went there on Saturday and Sunday, and it was there both days.'

So there you have it, folks! It might take you a few more seconds, but if you make the effort to put that extra pack of mince back where it belongs, you will be making someone else's life a lot simpler and avoiding waste.

What are your thoughts? Are there any other habits that people do while grocery shopping that gets on your nerves? Tell us in the comments!
Seems to me with thats going on in this world getting outraged about little things like that Is pretty useless. Get outraged about something important. As for a chicken dying for no reason? Get real.

Supermarkets have video cameras, they should use them to identify those selfish and lazy shoppers.

Having worked in a supermarket for more than 11 years there is nothing that surprises me about this. Quite a common occurence. I have even found empty meat trays where the product has been taken and the tray left. Half eaten BBQ chickens, ice cream left upside down on the washing powder so it melts everywhere. I spent a good deal of my late night shifts returning things to their correct place. Fridge stuff is not returned but thrown out. I could go on but I have left that all behind me now. Though I am triggered when I do my shopping and see this. Old habits die hard.

Having worked in a supermarket for more than 11 years there is nothing that surprises me about this. Quite a common occurence. I have even found empty meat trays where the product has been taken and the tray left. Half eaten BBQ chickens, ice cream left upside down on the washing powder so it melts everywhere. I spent a good deal of my late night shifts returning things to their correct place. Fridge stuff is not returned but thrown out. I could go on but I have left that all behind me now. Though I am triggered when I do my shopping and see this. Old habits die hard.

Lazy shoppers and store detectives dropping their pretend shopping items whilst following people around the store.

There's no excuse for leaving fridge or freezer items on the shelf. I bet they wouldn't like it if somebody did that at their place!

If my lady thinks a store detective is following her, she starts following him 🤣

Reactions: Ricci and debjane

Just get real, folks. There are so many careless, greedy, uncaring and thoughtless people out there whose only criteria for being anywhere is, "What's in it for me?" Or, "I don't need this packet of stuff my child has brought me so leave it on the shelf and someone else might put it away ot thow it out. Who cares? I don't!!?"

Terri, Eleven years @ a Supermarket, of course you would re-live the nasty habits of people. I have a secret for you too. You will NEVER turn off even though you have left. Old habits of others DO remind you of so many things. I learnt long ago their own homes are spotless. They acquire their bad habits through taking them out on any place outside their own home. Try 51 years in a clothing store when "your little darling's socks came in wrappers." Single sized then. The mother just might say, "Oh don't touch those dear." That's all. By the end of the day you're trying to put dozens of pairs back into their wrappers before going home. I had THE most wonderful patient husband who, on returning home daily from work greeted his children with so much love & affection. As for me seeing it happen when I visited him in the shop some days, I wondered how on earth he kept his cool after driving home. Anyone who retires & is strong enough NOT to ever mention their employ again needs a gold medal. You see something happen & you live it all over again.......unless perhaps you go overseas, but it can STILL happen somehow, somewhere.

Reactions: Ricci
There is no logical reason to leave unwanted items in completely the wrong place it's just absolute laziness. If you get to the checkout with an item you've decided you don't want the person on the checkout will always happily take it from you and have it replaced in the correct distribution point. They would much rather do that than have you put it elsewhere.
It is my opinion that idiots who want their fifteen minutes of fame put these items on odd shelves just so they can put them on TicToc. Or better still tease some other idiot to go crazy and film it for TicToc.

Reactions: Ricci

Yes, shoppers picking up a bag of chips or packet of chocolate, eating it as they shop. Then conveniently leaving the empty packages on the shelves!! Even leaving the empty drink bottles around. This is considered theft!! I have personally witnessed this. It's so morally wrong.

Reactions: POG and Ricci