TrishaC

Staff member
May 30, 2022
Can You Spot the ‘Disrespectful’ Detail in This Woolworths Freezer?

We’ve all put an item in our trolley only to change our mind mid-shop and put it back on the shelf. It happens to all of us. Maybe you saw a better deal. Or maybe you realised that three packets of caramel Tim Tams were a little excessive. But do you always put the item back where you found it? Or do you just pop it wherever it's most convenient?

After seeing an "annoying" detail in his local Woolworths' freezer aisle, a shopper expressed his displeasure.

jim_-9vHXwPhv8EXPkERmo3t_1KXSY1MoU8_vtol8ZF7cN0AmQkRPJb25yGeq8Cnv177o1jd1qI4wthL8s93-jcclmZjyghYs3BABOW8y2Xl2GJv2zLWCmv7K5Kn6LNGLFhfXY9p8kUPiZueVg

Source: 7news.com

Zoom in and look closely at the red circle in the picture. Can you see it?

The Gold Coast consumer expressed his frustration on Reddit after a closer inspection of the frozen pizza aisle revealed that someone had placed a Hot Roast Chicken there.

The complainant stated in his post that a "lazy" shopper had left the BBQ chook in the frozen goods aisle rather than returning it to the hot food department at the other end of the store.

He expressed his disappointment that a “chicken has died for no reason.”

‘Spotted in Woolies at Robina on the GC,’ the shopper wrote, ‘Really annoys me. Some lazy shopper couldn’t be bothered to return it to the hot chook section, and so they just dumped it in the freezer instead.’

The shopper went on to say that the discarded chicken was “such a waste.”

8Kp0mBMjEUKuUDDw53phBr_Udvqv3KEp71LUS6_p6aRtMxj6YcFhf2irgrgIhdOXHruhUpKYKDWyYxYN9fGth01uRCWIi8sAgYb7Dcywy3whXz3h4oUNPO_pVTPeHQNkw7TVqFJuy2PXl2sNMw

Reddit users were quick to share similar sentiments.

‘The Woolies hot chook is one of Australia’s truly iconic foods. It should be treated with more respect than this,’ one user said.

‘Lazy buggers everywhere. I always see things like this, and it really p***es me off. Infuriating.’ added another.

A third wrote: ‘I work at one of the major supermarkets, and I see stuff like this everyday. The worst is when people leave perishable foods in the regular aisles. Waste of food and really gross.’

‘Not the BBQ chook!’ wrote one more.

The BBQ chicken has since been removed from the store's freezer section.

What do you think about this? Here at the SDC, one of our personal bugbears is wasting food, but tell us what you think in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
We’ve all put an item in our trolley only to change our mind mid-shop and put it back on the shelf. It happens to all of us. Maybe you saw a better deal. Or maybe you realised that three packets of caramel Tim Tams were a little excessive. But do you always put the item back where you found it? Or do you just pop it wherever it's most convenient?

After seeing an "annoying" detail in his local Woolworths' freezer aisle, a shopper expressed his displeasure.

jim_-9vHXwPhv8EXPkERmo3t_1KXSY1MoU8_vtol8ZF7cN0AmQkRPJb25yGeq8Cnv177o1jd1qI4wthL8s93-jcclmZjyghYs3BABOW8y2Xl2GJv2zLWCmv7K5Kn6LNGLFhfXY9p8kUPiZueVg

The Gold Coast consumer expressed his frustration on Reddit after a closer inspection of the frozen pizza aisle revealed that someone had placed a Hot Roast Chicken there.

The complainant stated in his post that a "lazy" shopper had left the BBQ chook in the frozen goods aisle rather than returning it to the hot food department at the other end of the store.

‘Spotted in Woolies at Robina on the GC,’ the shopper wrote, ‘Really annoys me. Some lazy shopper couldn’t be bothered to return it to the hot chook section, and so they just dumped it in the freezer instead.’

8Kp0mBMjEUKuUDDw53phBr_Udvqv3KEp71LUS6_p6aRtMxj6YcFhf2irgrgIhdOXHruhUpKYKDWyYxYN9fGth01uRCWIi8sAgYb7Dcywy3whXz3h4oUNPO_pVTPeHQNkw7TVqFJuy2PXl2sNMw

‘The Woolies hot chook is one of Australia’s truly iconic foods. It should be treated with more respect than this,’ one user said.

‘Lazy buggers everywhere. I always see things like this, and it really p***es me off. Infuriating.’ added another.

A third wrote: ‘I work at one of the major supermarkets, and I see stuff like this everyday. The worst is when people leave perishable foods in the regular aisles. Waste of food and really gross.’

What do you think about this? Here at the SDC, one of our personal bugbears is wasting food, but tell us what you think in the comments!
I think there is worse things in the world. More worried about the çhild slave trade.

Reactions: carosb13 and Ricci

Seriously. Obviously this retired wanker has either too much time on his hands or any common sense he once possessed has been frizzled by to much sun. And his comment.
”a chicken has died for no reason.” tells me he could be a Vegan.
If this tosser is annoyed by this, with other problems in the world he seriously needs a reality check.
As my sister said to me one day when she was working as a midwife. Some Queenslanders think that whatever happens outside of Queensland doesn’t affect them. And this tosser is a prime example of a frizzled brain.

• Haha
Reactions: Hughsie and Ricci
At least they put it in the freezer, I’ve seen full trolleys with meat, chicken, and all sort of perishables left.I can’t understand why someone would do a whole shop and then just leave it. I normally tell someone and they take care of it. Although I’m sure the perishables would be discarded. What a waste of food.

It seems to me that almost every trip I make to the supermarket I find stuff shoved in the wrong place. My retail worker memory then kicks in and I return as much as I can to the right place. As for the discarded coffee cups etc I do think that the shops could provide rubbish bins littered (no pun intended!) throughout the store to help with this.;)

Last edited:
At least they put it in the freezer, I’ve seen full trolleys with meat, chicken, and all sort of perishables left.I can’t understand why someone would do a whole shop and then just leave it. I normally tell someone and they take care of it. Although I’m sure the perishables would be discarded. What a waste of food.
Putting it in the freezer was probably one of the worst places to put it considering that the heat of it would raise the temperature of the frozen items it was next too causing a risk of food poisoning.

I also work at a major supermarket. It irritates me that some lazy customers leave their chosen groceries on any shelf where they dicide they don’t want the item. Shops could employ a person full time just to return groceries back to the shelves they belong. The other frustrating situation is theft. People removing items from packaging and placing the empty packaging back on the shelf or eating food they haven’t purchased. These actions, theft, laziness and the waste of perishable food is disgraceful. When are shoppers going to be approached for doing the wrong thing..

I "nosed" out a package of raw meat that had been left to rot behind some goods...why they shove it all the way to the back is beyond me! There had been a putrid stench for days which no-one could locate!

I see this all the time at my local Supermarkets (Tasmania).
Packets abandoned anywhere (some are empty), perishable goods left on shelves and the killer for me is shopping trolleys!
Some people are just so lazy and they wonder why the cost of groceries is so high......

I am not at all surprised , see this all the time but the chook's that Woolies sell are miniscule spatchcocks so we stopped buying them quite a while ago, totally incinerated skin and bones .

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci