SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Woman bans mother-in-law from her home after discovering she had installed a spy camera in her and her husband's bedroom

A woman has taken to Reddit to share her story of how her mother-in-law installed a hidden camera in her and her husband's bedroom to spy on her.

The woman, who is the primary caregiver for her husband (who was recently in a car accident and is currently bed-ridden while recovering from a severe back injury) says she has been under a lot of pressure from her Mother-In-Law (MIL). She says her MIL has been visiting every day and telling her what she should and shouldn't be doing to take care of her son.

Days ago, the woman says she got into a fight with her MIL after finding out the MIL had installed a hidden camera in her and her husband's bedroom. The woman says she told her she was no longer allowed in her home after this.

The woman's husband is now upset with her, saying she is being vindictive and that if his Mum can't come, he'll move into her place.

shutterstock_1231591408_720.jpg
Woman bans her mother-in-law in her house after discovering she has installed a spy camera
in her and her husband's bedroom Credits: Shutterstock

Reddit users have been quick to weigh in on the situation, with many saying the woman is not in the wrong.

"I would have packed and left if he sees no wrong in it," says one user.

"Like what if she was naked? In her underwear? Wanted a private conversation with him? Is she sitting there 24/7 watching?"

Others say the woman should involve the police.

"I don't think getting the police involved will make the situation any better," the woman says.

"The camera got taken down, but whether or not my husband knew, I have no idea. He said he had no idea, but I'm not sure."

"Hopping on the top comment to say that it was installed in the room your husband can't leave. I'd wager big bucks that he knew it was there," says one user.

"I'd be surprised if he didn't," said another.

What do you think? Should the woman involve the police, pack up and leave, or is this an overreaction? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Woman bans mother-in-law from her home after discovering she had installed a spy camera in her and her husband's bedroom

A woman has taken to Reddit to share her story of how her mother-in-law installed a hidden camera in her and her husband's bedroom to spy on her.

The woman, who is the primary caregiver for her husband (who was recently in a car accident and is currently bed-ridden while recovering from a severe back injury) says she has been under a lot of pressure from her Mother-In-Law (MIL). She says her MIL has been visiting every day and telling her what she should and shouldn't be doing to take care of her son.

Days ago, the woman says she got into a fight with her MIL after finding out the MIL had installed a hidden camera in her and her husband's bedroom. The woman says she told her she was no longer allowed in her home after this.

The woman's husband is now upset with her, saying she is being vindictive and that if his Mum can't come, he'll move into her place.

View attachment 3072
Woman bans her mother-in-law in her house after discovering she has installed a spy camera

Reddit users have been quick to weigh in on the situation, with many saying the woman is not in the wrong.

"Like what if she was naked? In her underwear? Wanted a private conversation with him? Is she sitting there 24/7 watching?"

"I don't think getting the police involved will make the situation any better," the woman says.

"The camera got taken down, but whether or not my husband knew, I have no idea. He said he had no idea, but I'm not sure."

"Hopping on the top comment to say that it was installed in the room your husband can't leave. I'd wager big bucks that he knew it was there," says one user.

What do you think? Should the woman involve the police, pack up and leave, or is this an overreaction? Share your thoughts in the comments.

The bloody cheek of the MIL. How dare she dictate as to how & when things are to be done. Ofcourse she is concerned, however when he married it was now a twosome not a threesome.
Bug out mum, cut the apron strings & leave them be.
I wouldn't pack up & leave. If he wants his mummy she is welcome to him. He said he was willing to go so let him.

View attachment 3072

You have to involve the police, there is no doubt about that, then I'd let the husband go back to his mommy and they can watch the videos together. At least get a copy to show to the divorce judge. People like this really makes me sick, her (MIL) that she thought to do it, him (husband) to think its OK. get out while you can.

When did airing your dirty linen in public become a thing? I'm so over it. get a life people. If you can't sort your own life out I'm not going to do it for you. I have enough going on in my life to worry about yours. All this oversharing is getting a bit worrying, where will it end. If in doubt go to the Courts just not the Court of Public Opinion.;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Going to the police is the legal thing to do,
but I don't think it will solve anything.
The husband could be more forthright and stand up for his wife, and the MIL should grow up and mind her own business.
Sorry, I don't agree, what is there to solve??? How can anyone accept her installing a camera, MIL must know that is a good chance of intimate relations would happen not to forget that he must have known his mother planted a camera. Call the police, there is NO come back from that

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci

View attachment 3072

The bloody cheek of the MIL. How dare she dictate as to how & when things are to be done. Ofcourse she is concerned, however when he married it was now a twosome not a threesome.
I wouldn't pack up & leave. If he wants his mummy she is welcome to him. He said he was willing to go so let him.
I would pack his bag and send him to live with his mother

Sorry, I don't agree, what is there to solve??? How can anyone accept her installing a camera, MIL must know that is a good chance of intimate relations would happen not to forget that he must have known his mother planted a camera. Call the police, there is NO come back from that
Installing a camera in someone else's home is wrong, particularly in the bedroom of a married couple.
With the severity of the back injury, I don't think there would be any R viewing.
The issue to be solved is the relationship between the 3, which wouldn't be helped at all by police involvement. It seems as though it has already dissolved.

The Husband needs to grow up😡🇦🇺👍

View attachment 3072

Wow!!

Installing a camera in someone else's home is wrong, particularly in the bedroom of a married couple.
With the severity of the back injury, I don't think there would be any R viewing.
The issue to be solved is the relationship between the 3, which wouldn't be helped at all by police involvement. It seems as though it has already dissolved.
Ok maybe you have lead a sheltered life, a severe back problem never stopped me if your partner is willing ;-), its amazing what one can do that takes no effort of using ones back. But the idea of letting someone getting away with this is apathy. OK this is just maybe my opinion, police involvement is required, if they go ahead with charges is another matter. thinking not to get in evolved means anyone can setup a camera anywhere as they were just checking. No offense but thats just my thoughts

Last edited:
Let him go back to the bitch of a mother. As if he couldn't know the camera was installed, or did she drug him whilst it was being put in.
Your life will be much more enjoyable not having to think about what the MIL is scheming all the time.

Can any woman in this forum explain why when many mothers become mothers in law that they become crazy? I know and appreciate that it is not all mothers in law, but it is very common.

Let him go back to the bitch of a mother. As if he couldn't know the camera was installed, or did she drug him whilst it was being put in.
Your life will be much more enjoyable not having to think about what the MIL is scheming all the time.

Can any woman in this forum explain why when many mothers become mothers in law that they become crazy? I know and appreciate that it is not all mothers in law, but it is very common.
You can have both, my late wife's mother was a b@tch, didn't want my GF to marry me as I was so dark, this is Australia when I was young I lived on the beach and water so was very dark tanned. My present wife mum is just wonderful, we get on like a house on fire, 2nd time lucky 🤭👌

View attachment 3072

Who or what prompted the MIL to install the camera in the first place? Was this prompted by an Insurance Co in an attempt to disprove a claim for insurance? Whatever the reason, this surely has to be an invasion of privacy. This was not the MIL's home where she may have been trying to detect a home invasion. I believe the wife should seek some sort of legal advice.