Woman amazes fellow shoppers for her dedication to bring home Woolies’ hot roast chicken

Picking up a bagged chook from your local supermarket is a pretty quick, easy and inexpensive way to feed the family. Grab a couple bread rolls and some pasta salad and you’re absolutely cheering right?

In fact, many Aussie’s consider roast chicken a staple on their dinner table. Partnered with soup, veggies, salad, and rich gravy? You got yourself a sumptuous meal.

Well members, one woman has completely personified the Aussie love for chook, by camping out to get her hands on one of the first hot roast chickens of the day at a local supermarket.

Straight out of the oven and into her shopping trolley.

GOYc3lxmoVkbAPHS5OaEi3rHbfx2MwqvQ4KunmmYfsDPZwdJjqiYWWuPCDHFLkCbAmLEZA6ZGOb58qzFfl-XkwPP72KrO9kR4W2oizozkxlKQ9kqXFSO6XpxtqlFiEpWxod2ylFv

One woman was spotted camping beside Woolies’ hot roast display. Credit: TikTok.

One user on TikTok managed to capture the rather unusual incident at their local supermarket. In the clip, one woman was shown waiting by the roast chicken display at Woolies, way before the staffers even had any chicken ready to go.

According to a Woolworths employee, the first batch of roast chicken comes out in the store at around 7:45 am to 8 am, just in time for people on their way to work. They also have another batch that comes out at around 3:30 pm, perfect for parents looking for dinner ideas after picking up the kids at school.

As a side note, since we’re all about discounts here at the SDC, the Woolies employee also shared that at around three-and-a-half hours after the roasted chickens are put on display (around 11 am in the morning and 7 pm in the evening), you can expect marked down prices (as long as there are any left).

However, it seems that this lady wasn’t after a discounted chook, but rather, a steaming hot one. She sits patiently and territorially, ready to pounce out of her camp chair at the first steaming chook she spots. We’re impressed with the dedication!

The TikTok user who posted the video said they couldn’t believe what they were seeing when they spotted the customer, who was clearly a big fan of Woolies’ BBQ chooks.

Some users who saw the clip were also amazed by the woman’s commitment. One person said the woman was turning “buying hot chickens” into a competitive sport, while another wrote that she’s certainly going to be remembered by fellow Woolies shoppers from now on as the “camp chair lady”.

But if you’re not keen on spending this much effort just to secure a hot chook, you can always make one at home! In the video below, renowned chef Jamie Oliver will show you how:

Credit: Jamie Oliver

• Haha
Reactions: Rabbit
Sponsored
Nothing like a yummy hot chicken.
Years ago, I waited in a queue for 8 days to get my son a $3000 drum kit for $200. In Victoria, Billy Hyde used to have a huge sale in November each year.
Some items were "Silly Sale".....only one available in each store. First there, got it.
You could leave for about an hour each day, if you had a friend to mind your spot.
I'd go home for a shower and prepare food for the next 24 hours.
Over a few years, my son became the owner of a beautiful Maton guitar, keyboard, drum kit and amplifier, all top quality, top of the range.
Well worth the days spent in the lines, as I could not have afforded any of the equipment, and my son is an incredibly talented musician, so he was worthy of spending the time waiting.

Nothing like a yummy hot chicken.
Years ago, I waited in a queue for 8 days to get my son a $3000 drum kit for $200. In Victoria, Billy Hyde used to have a huge sale in November each year.
Some items were "Silly Sale".....only one available in each store. First there, got it.
You could leave for about an hour each day, if you had a friend to mind your spot.
I'd go home for a shower and prepare food for the next 24 hours.
Over a few years, my son became the owner of a beautiful Maton guitar, keyboard, drum kit and amplifier, all top quality, top of the range.
Well worth the days spent in the lines, as I could not have afforded any of the equipment, and my son is an incredibly talented musician, so he was worthy of spending the time waiting.
I spent more seconds than I should have wondering what sort of drum kit Billy Hydes would have sold that you could cook a chicken in.

Ah, sorry about your loss of seconds.
Maybe I need to explain....I was referring to waiting for a product to become available....
No, it was perfectly clear. I was being a bit 'duh'. Channelling my inner 'two short planks' I think.

• Haha
Reactions: Dot
You should try Costco leading up to any major holiday, New years eve, or long weekend. It's not only the chickens they wait for but, the sandwich trays, the pizzas, pastas, you cant move for the crowd around the fresh food area.