SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
What's your favourite song?

Members, I need your help building the best playlist! I'm planning to see some live music this weekend, but the venue is about 3 hours away from my home. To keep everyone in a good mood, I'm thinking of making a lovely playlist with the songs that YOU suggested. So, what's your favourite song of all time? Something that makes you happy when you hear it playing on the radio?

compressed-pexels-annam-w-1047442.jpeg
Source: Pexels

If you'd like to share your weekend plans with us, feel free to do so in the comments too! :)

Al de la from the movie Summer Holiday, I think, I first heard this when I started going out with my husband but the words were more meaningful after he passed away after 49years of marriage. I find it hard to listen to the song now.

Stranger on the shore Acka Bilk----Sailor by Lolita ----On the road again Willie Nelson ---Vera Lynns hits of the blitz ----Irish songs ---and country hits and rock from 50---- 60 ---and 70s ---quiet a variety i guess

Reactions: "Flash" and Ricci
For me it’s any soul song from 60’s and 70’s - Al Green Let’s Stay Togerher, Marvin Gaye - take your pick, Temptations, Four Tops, Chilites, Odyssey, Chic, Harold Melvin and Bluenotes, Teddy Pendergast, Barry White - for me the list is endless and whenever I play my music, it has me moving. I love blues and some jazz but am very passionate about soul and reggae - Horace Andy, Buju Banton, Sugar Minott, Gregory Isaacs, Burning Spear, Augustus Pablo - again list - for me - is endless. Both soul and reggae have been in my blood since listening to Ska then blue beat then reggae, and Tamla Motown, then Stax and Sound of Philadelphia in the 60’s and 70’s. Also love the music of the 50’s and 60’ /early70’s - Timi Yuro, Billy Fury, Adam Faith, Bobby Vinton , Bobby Vee, Mike Sarne, Cliff, Elvis, Gene Vincent……… so much pleasure from the sounds of “back in the day “

Reactions: Ricci
Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers, Pale Blue Eyes by The Velvet Underground, Can't Help Falling In Love by Luka Bloom or Elvis, Streets of London by Ralph McTell, Streets pf {hiladelphia by Bruce Springsteen, London in the Spring by Passenger, And I Love You So by Perry Como, Touch of Paradise by John Farnham.

What's your favourite song?

Members, I need your help building the best playlist! I'm planning to see some live music this weekend, but the venue is about 3 hours away from my home. To keep everyone in a good mood, I'm thinking of making a lovely playlist with the songs that YOU suggested. So, what's your favourite song of all time? Something that makes you happy when you hear it playing on the radio?

View attachment 17405
Source: Pexels

If you'd like to share your weekend plans with us, feel free to do so in the comments too! :)
How about Hotel California by the Eagles? or Hot August Night by Neil Diamond.. have a safe trip..

Since I was in my early teens my favourite song has been Danny Boy, it doesn’t matter who sings it. I bought it on an EP, probably still got it amongst our record collection. Then I met my future husband and wow, his name is Danny. It is still my all time favourite song. Other than that I like country music, love songs, pretty much anything form the 50s, 60s, 70s. I really like Elton John, Leo Sayer, John Farnham, Michael Jackson, Elvis, ABBA, the list goes on. As long as I can understand the words to the song and it has a good tune I can listen to it, what I don’t like is when someone opens their mouth and the sound that comes out makes no sense, has no words that are able to be interpreted and is basically just hollering. My daughter bought me front row tickets to an Elton John and John Farnhams first farewell tour, they were so good to see. I have also been to a Michael Jackson, Leo Sayer, Bryan Ferry, Rolling Stones concert to name a few.

Positively Fourth Street - Bob Dylan (like most of Dylan’s stuff, the lyrics are on the money)
Ferry Across the Mersey - Gerry and the Pacemakers (Beautiful tune)
House of the Rising Sun - Eric Burden and the Animals
Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire (lyrics are very real. Protest song of the 1960’s)

Since I was in my early teens my favourite song has been Danny Boy, it doesn’t matter who sings it. I bought it on an EP, probably still got it amongst our record collection. Then I met my future husband and wow, his name is Danny. It is still my all time favourite song. Other than that I like country music, love songs, pretty much anything form the 50s, 60s, 70s. I really like Elton John, Leo Sayer, John Farnham, Michael Jackson, Elvis, ABBA, the list goes on. As long as I can understand the words to the song and it has a good tune I can listen to it, what I don’t like is when someone opens their mouth and the sound that comes out makes no sense, has no words that are able to be interpreted and is basically just hollering. My daughter bought me front row tickets to an Elton John and John Farnhams first farewell tour, they were so good to see. I have also been to a Michael Jackson, Leo Sayer, Bryan Ferry, Rolling Stones concert to name a few.
A friend of mine who passed away last year was good friends with Leo Sayer and we went to a BBQ he had maybe 5 years ago and who was also the ..Leo Sayer .

My friend actually rented his house at Watson's Bay to him for a couple of years .