We had this great teacher Mr Connecy. He was our maths and music teacher, my desk was next to the window where on a sunny day I had a tendency to fall asleep. Mr Connrecy would sneaky up behind and in his very loud baritone voice sing "Lazy bones, sleeping in the sun" in my ear. When he passed last year 3000 ex students turned up. I finished high schooling 1961

Finished 1963 - junior or year 10 as it was then. Mitchelton State High Brisbane.
I always enjoyed school, although not the greatest scholastically. For 5 terms I failed Maths B. My teacher was Jack Dougherty. He persevered with me relentlessly, and I got a B in my finals (term 6). He was the best.
I on
I only ever went to one school reunion when I was in my forty’s. Jack was there. Over 20 years later he picked me out of the crowd.
That made my day and my life. He was the best.

1976 started the year as 4th form then ended as year 10. I remember 1 of my friends yelled out at the beginning of the year I'm still going to call myself 4th form. At the end of the year she was saying year 10 as 4th form sounded old fashioned. School days were fun and am still in contact with a couple. though the journey I have taken through nursing has had me connect with the most wonderful people and their friendships are gold. Strangely enough the friend that made that comment about 4th form we've just reconnected again after 40 years, and though she lives in another state now, we will be catching up very soon. Something I'm really looking forward to.

I finished Year 12 in 1972, and was Dux of the School. I went on to Art school and was eventually able to be a painter full time.😊

1969 in Qld then onto Teachers College. Loved school wherever I went, Mitchell, Cairns, Brisbane. Most teachers were great except in Year 7 - Mr Bunter. I learnt never to stifle kids the way he did. Spent most of my days outside the door - even got sent out for sneezing one day!
Loved the sport opportunities expecially swimming. Great days!

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Hi, My last year at Horowhenua College was 1972 and the most unforgettable memory is getting 6 of the best across the backside. I'm just glad that my twin brother got the same punishment since he was the one that cause it.

I finished school in 1979 half way through grade 11. My best memory is an excursion out to the movies to see Grease and then staying overnight at the teacher's house.

I left high school in 1979. Back in then, I was part of the drama club, and one of my most unforgettable moments was when we put on a school play. We had been rehearsing for months, pouring our hearts into perfecting our lines and choreography. The day of the performance arrived, and the excitement was palpable.
As the curtains opened, I felt a surge of adrenaline. I played one of the lead roles, and I was determined to give it my all. The audience was packed with students, teachers, and proud parents. The energy in the room was electric.
As we performed, everything clicked into place. The chemistry between the cast members was incredible, and we fed off each other's energy. The audience laughed, cheered, and applauded at all the right moments. It was like magic.
And then later I got into one of the MBA Careers and this became my main profession for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
I left school in 1972 and my most memorable moment was when I received 6 of the best with a cane stick across my back side. I will never forget that moment as I couldn't sit down for the next few hours and the other kids made fun of me because I couldn't sit down, going home on the bus.

I left school in 1972 and my most memorable moment was when I received 6 of the best with a cane stick across my back side. I will never forget that moment as I couldn't sit down for the next few hours and the other kids made fun of me because I couldn't sit down, going home on the bus.
Ouch!

Reactions: Ricci