SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
What year did you finish high school and what’s the most unforgettable moment you have of your high school life?

It's Thursday, members! And I'm feeling especially excited about today's question. If you're happy to go on a trip down memory lane, then you're going to love this. So, without further ado, the question is... What year did you finish high school and what’s the most unforgettable moment you have of your high school life?

9232084f26a8ddf669867d859fa769be.jpg
Source: Flickr

Ooooh, this one is fun, isn't it? My favourite memory revolved around my high school friends and our passion for writing. My friends and I enjoyed playing on a website that allowed us to write our own novels and publish them for our peers to read. I remember dreaming about becoming a successful writer one day after my e-book became one of the most popular ones on that website - and my friends did quite well too! It's a little embarrassing... But the book was all about a love story. I cringe at the thought now, but I guess it's not surprising for a story about romance to be a hit among teenagers. Still, we would religiously read each other's stories and talk about them in school during our free time. I can't thank my high school friends enough for supporting and believing in me.

Now, it's your turn to tell your story. Share your favourite high school memory with us in the comments below! I'm very excited to read about what your time was like in school.

I left high school in 1976, to start a career in the banking sector. I loved school ,and the friendships...many of which are still around today. There are 6 of us who get together every 6 weeks for lunch or dinner and lots of reminiscing and of course, lots of laughs.
My most memorable time was when I met my (now) husband. I was 15 and he was 16, and here we are 47 years later, married, 3 children and 6 grandchildren.....

What year did you finish high school and what’s the most unforgettable moment you have of your high school life?

It's Thursday, members! And I'm feeling especially excited about today's question. If you're happy to go on a trip down memory lane, then you're going to love this. So, without further ado, the question is... What year did you finish high school and what’s the most unforgettable moment you have of your high school life?

View attachment 15670

Ooooh, this one is fun, isn't it? My favourite memory revolved around my high school friends and our passion for writing. My friends and I enjoyed playing on a website that allowed us to write our own novels and publish them for our peers to read. I remember dreaming about becoming a successful writer one day after my e-book became one of the most popular ones on that website - and my friends did quite well too! It's a little embarrassing... But the book was all about a love story. I cringe at the thought now, but I guess it's not surprising for a story about romance to be a hit among teenagers. Still, we would religiously read each other's stories and talk about them in school during our free time. I can't thank my high school friends enough for supporting and believing in me.

Now, it's your turn to tell your story. Share your favourite high school memory with us in the comments below! I'm very excited to read about what your time was like in school.
Finished high school in the school certificate year (then 4th form) with 5 A's and 1 credit. I did burn the bad mark chart at my high school but my best friend (now deceased) took the blame for me as I was always in trouble - what a wonderful friend for over 50 years may she rest in peace.

Reactions: terri and Ricci
1956 and getting the required O level subjects to be able
to go to Technical College and get the necessary certificates
to enable me to go to sea which was how I later met my wife (now deceased). And also sail as an officer on the original Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary

The year was 1979 and finally had run out of school classes to attend without repeating. It was a sad day when I realised school had become a part of my life and a place I could go to that sort of cared. Fourteen years of my life had been given to it and had been the only constant thing in my life as we moved around a lot. Five years at high school had taken me from an young girl living on a boat on the river to living once again on dry land in a place with a bathroom and my own bed. I attended eleven primary schools over two different states. My finally year at primary school saw me attend four schools in one term. so those five years at High school was something I had never experienced. I hated school as was bullied a lot but it was there for me to go to each school day.

Reactions: Ricci
When I was 15 and had only completed Year 10 in high school, my parents decided to to go to Dublin so that my GP Dad could do further studies in surgery. It was the best time of my life as I completed my high school studies at a boarding school that I loved, apart from having too learn Gaelic. For three Summers we travelled around Europe in a Combi van.

Year 12 in 1976. I remember we had to walk up the hall to the stage and sit there while the headmistress addressed us and the dismissed us. We started the hsc the following week.

Reactions: Ricci
I finished "highschool" technical college in July 1970. I took 4 weeks holiday before I applied for a job. I got one straight away as an apprentice wall and floor tiler. I have many find memories of that time but I won't bore you with those. Richard

I finished High School in 1973. The best day of my life was my first science class in 1969. Mr Burr was our teacher, and he both terrified me and led me to the happiest times. His initial remarks were that there would be no formal lessons- we would teach ourselves. And that we did for the next 5 years (and beyond). He showed me finally what I was meant to do for the rest of my life, and though now retired, I had a long, happy and varied life in scientific and medical research (which given internet facilities) continues today.

• Love

View attachment 15670

Senior school ended for me in July '70 but life didn't really change as College beckoned in the September. My Senior school years had been full of my best friend and I getting into scrapes and being known throughout the school as the terrible twins! Nothing we did was too outrageous but we must have driven the teachers crazy. The teachers couldn't say too much as our schoolwork was always of a high standard and our test results were good, we just never did any homework, ever, but were both A grade students. :) 🙃 :)

1969, finished high school as had no choice, wanted to be a school teacher but being second eldest of ten had to leave and get a job. Loved school but got bullied a lot. Favourite memory is the yummy cream buns I occasionally bought when I was lucky enough to earn some money babysitting. They tasted so good. For years I couldn’t find one that tasted even half as good. Now a local bakery make them that taste just the same, so I indulge occasionally and buy one for old tomes sake.

I was born in 1943, and started school a year early in 1947 and did well, so when I got to sixth class, the headmaster thought I had potential and spoke to my father to suggest I repeat 6th class for another year so I could perform better in high school. My father agreed and I went to Cleveland Street boys High school which was one of the top 10 list at the time but unfortunately no longer exists now. I was enrolled in the trades section and lost my way and although my father wanted me to be a carpenter, times were tough and in one year after school and three attempts at the carpentry, I ended up working for my father to become a bricklayer and even taught bricklaying part time at technical collage for a couple of years until they employed a full timer.

The good news is, I used the trade experience to become a builder and ended up as national Facility Manager for a Japanese motor company.

All good memories.

Reactions: terri
I finished high school in 1970. One of my subjects was music (which, as a violinist, I loved) & one of my teachers was Richard Gill who was well-known in the music world (& who has a school now named after him in the Hunter Valley, NSW). Richard was a fantastic teacher who encouraged us in our music & organised performances both at school & at other venues. I still play my violin today, thanks to Richard.

I left school in year eleven (1972)my greatest time was leaving high school then going away to a tech school which I loved then when finished there was needed back home on the family farm .Also during this time I was school captain something to be very proud of .

Shopping online at Woolworths. you might like to check your groceries when you get them home. Woolworths don't provide a print out with the groceries when you pick them up, so I had to print one out from my email. When I was checking them, there was one item missing. It was only a small item, (this time) and they were only too happy to refund me, but how many times have you not checked your items.

I left school October November 1976 due to being pregnant and starting to show , I was 16 . I had met my now hubby at school he was 2 years above me.

I was a rebel at school and hated it , if I didn't leave I would have been expelled

I did however go to tafe many years later to complete year 11 and 12. My very last exam I was heavily pregnant with baby no 10 . I had him 2 weeks later.
That final exam which was Asia Pacific studies I came first .
I proved to myself that I could study and finish the course and look after 9 kids at the same time

Reactions: Wandiwa

View attachment 15670

I left high school in 1966. I don't have one special moment but all my school days were special with wonderful friends who I look back on with lots of love.

1952. The most horrific memory i have was being called to the headmistresses office for running down the stairs. Young ladies did not run inside. Otherwise i behaved myself.