I love being a Handyman! Different challenge almost every day from repairing holes in walls, painting, renovations of all kinds really! I have been renovating houses for almost 53 years of my life and learned a LOT of skills in that time.
I also enjoy cooking and if time would just permit, fishing!
I'm supposed to be "retired" but so far I've only got the "tired" part spot on; I'm working on the "re" 😊😊

Oh, @Suzanne rose ! You are SO talented. This is truly a work of art - I'm blown away! :love: I'd love to see more of your artwork if you're comfortable with sharing them!

I personally love writing music! I play the acoustic guitar and I used to be a vocalist for a band :) I really enjoy singing. Besides that, I also love playing video games with my partner. It's a great way for us to bond :)
Beautiful artwork, Suzanne Rose, Do you know we share the same name but not your artistic talent. I love playing Scrabble, Word with Friends, Chess. I also love reading and watching TV.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I love making sculptures. I use a type of modelling clay and various mixed media. I also love reading, playing Words with Friends, Wordle and walking.

463607AB-CAB1-4FB4-98EE-F435558134C2.jpegCAA09C70-F87D-4EBD-AE21-880581144009.jpeg
D7AC81B0-890C-43C0-A958-BF4C443B1CC2.jpeg9D2C8A0E-1824-4906-8C61-780F038D7A65.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few hobbies, mainly art, building and painting scale models and photography. Here are a couple of samples - a painting done using an airbrush, a figurine I built from a plastic kit and painted.

IMG_0801.JPG

P1030266.JPG

I have just started Zentangle. I find it is very relaxing and calming. I am also into mixed media, cardmaking and making a journal.
I'm a cardmaker, too. I'm currently making birthday cards for the residents of a local nursing home (see pix). I also make mixed media folios/scrapbooks, and also make digital scrapbooks of my grandchildren every year. My eldest granddaughter has just turned 18 so there are 18 photobooks of her :)June 23.jpg

I was in the furniture trade all my working life. Most of it spent as a polisher.( not french). These days l do repairs and restoration as a hobby. Have fixed numerous things for the kindegarden my daugter teaches at. My wife is an expert knitter. She has knitted things for a shop, but now it's for friends or herself.

I have written short stories & poetry since I stayed with a friend I met online, in Anerkie Qld. Now unfortunately I only make cards. After years of making & designing beautiful clothes, I can no longer sit & use the machine for very long at a time so cards it is I am making a series of Birthday cards with "Have a Beautiful day" cutout & a piece of coloured card behind the cutout so it stands out then the same coloured flowers on the rest of the card. I just love my cutting machine for flowers & fancy cutouts. I also read a lot mainly the English magazine "The Peoples Friend " it has only a few ads in & no gossip at all I also like the feel-good stories I read in it. I also have at least one book going as well sometimes more I love my life & I hope for many more years to come.

Last edited:
After reading all of your hobbies, I, so far, the only Diamond painter here. I also sell the diamonds when people run out of them. I haven’t put my Facebook name or business details here, just in case it’s forbidden.
I blame Covid for my hobby, but this is the only one that has literally stuck with me!

1687139032600.png

I am an arty guy always have been, so for years as I have travelled, I have carved literally hundreds of things.

I have also had a deep passion for writing about human' beings and the way our body works to create the shapes we do based upon 53 years of Martial Arts interest. Some are called welcome to Earth, Being in the Lightbody, living in the Lightbody etc. Many books, all about how the shapes we make relate to the weight of things. It sounds heady but it's not.

I made a job description based in games to train light natured behaviors years ago but received no financial support as I am not a representative of any other organization than my own.

It is called Theatricise. You won't find it yet online as I am not Conversant with websites and their operation...YET..

the Lismore flood took away much of it as it went over my unit for 15 hours took away17 carvings and wiped out my books I had waiting to publish, I a year ago I started writing again that's why I am so often on my laptop.

I also do short stories of true experiences that I have told on stage and write poetry and children's books and am in discussion with a friend about doing a kindle bo0ok series, so I am never bored.

I wanted to show more pictures, as I carve in all mediums, but can't figure out how to reduce them as there are no obvious, options. Still, it says that I like carving and that's the point.

My hobby is interior design and renovation, and for relaxation I like to knit, crochet, do diamond dot pictures and crosswords, mainly code crackers and logics, the only ones where you can't google and cheat.
Have won several small prizes and also won a lovely white leather lounge

I enjoy cooking and experimenting with strange ingredients. Here's my take on Pomegranate Jelly.

Pomegranate Jelly
2019-03-15 16.03.53.jpg
Ingredients:
  • 1 Large Pomegranate
  • 1 Kilo White Sugar
  • 1 Litre Water
  • 1 packet Jamsetta

Instructions:
  • Cut the pomegranate in two and scoop out all the flesh and seeds.
  • Place in a large clean pot.
  • Add water and sugar.
  • Place pot over a low heat and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
  • Simmer until the water is tinged with colour.
  • Strain into a clean pot to remove seeds and flesh.
  • Place back over a low heat.
  • Add Jamsetta and stir until dissolved.
  • Continue to simmer until set stage is reach.
  • This can be checked by placing a plate in the freezer. Drop a teaspoon of the jelly on the cold plate. If it sets and becomes firm and not runny the jelly is ready.
  • Pour into clean hot jars.
  • Label the lids to make cleaning the labels off easier.

• Wow
Wish I could paint & sketch like you Suzanne rose but alas I can’t. I’ve dabbled in a lot of stuff over the years, used to love making teddy bears but makes my hands ache so much so now crochet a lot, I’m into C2C blankets at the moment. I also read a lot & have recently started reading Ebooks & was thinking about buying an Ereader. Can anyone suggest which size screen is the best?
my biggest problem is that when I take up a new craft I buy heaps of stuff so have a room full of leftovers. My friends joke that l could almost open a tiny shop!
Wish l loved cooking but dont, fortunately my husband does. Still collect recipes though.

What is your hobby or something you love doing

I love cooking and I am putting together a cookbook my other love is sketching and just finished this painting of two of my grandchildren View attachment 4540
Wow - talk about Talent - i don't have the artistic abilities, (what a gorgeous picture) but would love to have! It looks amazing - and now that Cookbook! Just Fantastic - You are one talented Person Suzanne:_)!

I am a writer. I have a few books published,comical,crazy books that I enjoyed writing and make people laugh. My main hobbies are writing and reading and embroidery. Mainly cross stitch. Now,with osteo arthritis slowing my hands up,I don’t do as much “white work” as I used to but I still enjoy it. Kindles and my iPad have saved my life. Being able to prop one up and read print at any size is such a joy! And not having the husband whine about the bedside light being on is a bonus! I so envy the creativity of the artists who posted before me. The artwork is astounding!

I'm a cardmaker, too. I'm currently making birthday cards for the residents of a local nursing home (see pix). I also make mixed media folios/scrapbooks, and also make digital scrapbooks of my grandchildren every year. My eldest granddaughter has just turned 18 so there are 18 photobooks of her :)
Beautiful work