SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What are you doing for yourself and others today?

Hi members! :)

I hope you're all having a great week so far. I just want to hop on here and invite you to share what you're doing for yourself and others today. I just realised I feel best when I care for myself and help others.

As we start another day, let's take a moment to appreciate the opportunities it brings and make the most of them by doing something positive for ourselves and those around us. I, for one, am starting my day with a cup of warm lemon water with honey and some yoga to energise my body and mind. I also have a sore throat and aching back, so this is the perfect way to soothe myself and start the day off right.

Later, I'll be doing some grocery shopping for my mum to help make her week easier.

Now it's your turn! What are you doing for yourself and others today? Whether it's a big or small gesture, let's share and inspire each other to make the most out of every day.

I am a volunteer driver for health services, driving 2 clients to medical appointments today. Hopefully, they get good news about their health..

I hope you're all having a great week so far. I just want to hop on here and invite you to share what you're doing for yourself and others today. I just realised I feel best when I care for myself and help others.

As we start another day, let's take a moment to appreciate the opportunities it brings and make the most of them by doing something positive for ourselves and those around us. I, for one, am starting my day with a cup of warm lemon water with honey and some yoga to energise my body and mind. I also have a sore throat and aching back, so this is the perfect way to soothe myself and start the day off right.

Later, I'll be doing some grocery shopping for my mum to help make her week easier.

Now it's your turn! What are you doing for yourself and others today? Whether it's a big or small gesture, let's share and inspire each other to make the most out of every day.
Trying to get the garage tidied up. My grand-daughter from the UK is coming to house sit for us as we go off on "The Big Lap" with the caravan. In a smaller house than we had previously 'stuff' accumulates and we really have to make space for them to put a car in. They are staying for a year so we are motivated to get rid of some goods and put some into storage and relocate the remainder somewhere. Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.

Hi members! 

Now it's your turn! What are you doing for yourself and others today? Whether it's a big or small gesture, let's share and inspire each other to make the most out of every daGoing ballrom dacing

Going ballroom dancing this arvo

Hi Vella, I know this is not the right forum, but I would like to point out the "Oh, and don't forget to try comparing your broadband prices and plans to find one that is better suited to your needs*! You can compare and save on your internet here*." that appears in both today and yesterday's SDC newsletter does not work!! The link opens a new page, but it will not progress past the first step.
I would like to find a new provider as mine has just packed up and gone back to Singapore and I not sure about the new replacement provider. The same as my electricity provider did last month and my bank is about to do. What is happening with all the businesses? Thanks, Alan.

repairing friend,s mowers and later going to school meeting as i am in the school council ,,,,who would think at 74 i am still on a school council ??

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer

It is difficult to find the place to reply. Today I am not bouncing around as you all seem to be like an add for a retirnment village. Dog and I are going for a swin in the river at high tide and then I am trying to force myself to send off my memoir, The Reluctant Nurse, to a few publishers who will ignore me.

Sadly mum is no longer with us but I now have the privilege of looking after grandchildren from time to time. Today I had my 5yo granddaughter with me (she is in her first year of school but has Wednesdays off for a few weeks).
We made cupcakes 🧁 and decorated them, read a book and played with toys. I am truly blessed. 🙏🏻

• Love

I run a craft group in Lowood, and today I had the pleasure to teach a 74 year old lady how to crochet. She was so happy to learn something she has wanted to learn for years. It was such a blessing to see her happiness.

• Love
Trying to get the garage tidied up. My grand-daughter from the UK is coming to house sit for us as we go off on "The Big Lap" with the caravan. In a smaller house than we had previously 'stuff' accumulates and we really have to make space for them to put a car in. They are staying for a year so we are motivated to get rid of some goods and put some into storage and relocate the remainder somewhere. Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.

Started a decluttering process. The number of clothings I have accumalated and reluctant to part is holding the progress. I have stopped buying new clothes for the last three years and that has helped. Applying the MarieKondo's method of decluttering. Keep what gives me joy.

Hi Vella, I know this is not the right forum, but I would like to point out the "Oh, and don't forget to try comparing your broadband prices and plans to find one that is better suited to your needs*! You can compare and save on your internet here*." that appears in both today and yesterday's SDC newsletter does not work!! The link opens a new page, but it will not progress past the first step.
I would like to find a new provider as mine has just packed up and gone back to Singapore and I not sure about the new replacement provider. The same as my electricity provider did last month and my bank is about to do. What is happening with all the businesses? Thanks, Alan.
Hey @Alan W that is very odd! I just tried it myself and it worked... But I think it might be better if you try this link - https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/wp/form/broadband/step1/

Please let me know how you go with this new link :)

My goodness I just want to reply to every comment :ROFLMAO: These are all so wonderful! Thank you for sharing this with us ❤️ The crochet, the cupcakes, the swims in the river, the decluttering, and the repairing of lawn mowers! What a diverse bunch of things!

I'll be working on newsletters, finding some deals for you all, and replying to the many emails in my inbox! Then tonight I have the house to myself with my dog, Poppy, so I think we will be relaxing with a nice homemade meal and a movie!

Hey @Alan W that is very odd! I just tried it myself and it worked... But I think it might be better if you try this link - https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/wp/form/broadband/step1/

Please let me know how you go with this new link :)
Maddie,
Hi, thanks for responding. My normal browser is Mozilla Firefox, I tried your link in Google Chrome and it works in that browser. At the last stage (step 5) it requires my name, phone number, and email address (not just one of but all of) and the 'terms of use' says personal information will be shared with third parties and giving your phone number overrides the fact that I am on the 'Do not call' register. Thanks, but no thanks!!! I have enough fights stopping spam without SDC giving me more. At least Firefox is smart enough to stop me proceeding, even if I wasn't aware why?

1675906085619.png

Hey @Alan W - unfortunately at the moment the people we're working with can only do quotes telephonically. We're trying to get an online comparison tool set up, but it's still a while away. I'll keep you posted.

Jonathan, thanks, one phone comparison I could accept; it is not knowing whatever and whoever else gets your personal information. I made a donation once and for months afterwards I was getting phone calls and emails from places/companies I didn't even know. These days there are so many spams and phishing emails it is not even safe to click on the unsubscribe button on some emails.

Reactions: Jonathan Leane