Vintage cookware pieces being sold for THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS online — here’s how you can turn your old plates and casseroles into a fortune!

Do you have a collection of CorningWare cookware? You could be sitting on a gold mine!

Vintage CorningWare is becoming increasingly popular with collectors, with some pieces fetching as much as $15,000 on buy and sell sites.

The iconic cookware was a staple in many Australian homes throughout the 1970s, with its distinctive floral and vegetable patterns instantly recognisable. But now, as interest in vintage homewares continues to grow, CorningWare is becoming increasingly sought-after.

Single casserole dishes are being listed for as much as $8,000, while CorningWare sets are selling for $15,000. One dish being offered for $6,995 has 31 watchers, while another $5,890 listing has a staggering 91 watchers - proving that these pieces are hot in the market right now.

xB7PfeC4xhjI8Zf37oirVtP0By3lYTIvsX8jVxpkTcvxj1vyMhE9s9WvELEWrmRBzIFFlBzmewkAecJ4_l1INlgzraGY2Wlukt4ikzI-RtcT9Rw2vStdOBfgrPhkigvrRViqTKUNUJ_JFl__

CorningWare pieces can fetch up thousands of dollars in auction sites, according to sellers. Credit: eBay.

The demand for such collectibles "has never been higher", according to one eBay seller.

She shared: “My mother collected CorningWare and it was very popular back in the day, but it’s been gathering dust in our home for years.”

“I’ve sold off a few pieces - with my mum’s blessing of course - and have made about $9,000 so far. I have another one listed at the moment, which I’m hoping to get around $2,500 for."

“I would never have thought that it could be so valuable. When I was younger, I thought it was just daggy."

“Now it’s making us more money than I ever dreamed.”

One of the most sought-after patterns is the Spice of Life range, which features a distinctive design incorporating various vegetables, greenery and the words "L'Echalote La Marjolaine."

Other rare patterns, such as Wildflower (made from 1977 to 1984) and Floral Bouquet (made from 1971 to 1975), can rack up bids of up to $10,000 online.

The Cornflower range, which features a blue floral design, is the most common pattern. However, the piece can still attract as much as $1,750 on auction sites.

369aQ4Pv63t2AiCz7Ua0RJGDtDGE5Quh9IdXHBAZYqcaec5bGLdZDJp4K1ltkym9o_ir4NdMA_ED7VjSPVS2mU5ohIrpvMuUnbLfqdWHfrKiHETxa_3PAT0UApUjVO3v9m9j4sHxgi2cSM_F

Even the most common pattern of CorningWare cookware can rack up as much as $1,750 on auction sites. Credit: Amazon.

Glass expert Dean Six said that baby boomers are usually the biggest market for these pieces, noting that they design their homes with decorations "they grew up with".

He explained: “Collecting is often what you remember, which is why this is big now because baby boomers are buying back what they grew up with. Boomers are decorating with these pieces in their homes.”

He also revealed some selling prices for the pieces, saying: “One piece of CorningWare, in a pattern not widely produced, sold on eBay recently for $US7,000 (AUD$9.8k)’.”

"It was a 1970s product that fizzled."

So, there you have it, folks! If you have CorningWare cookware sitting somewhere in your home gathering dust, you might want to list them for auction. You may end up collecting thousands of dollars from it!

What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
All my corning ware seemed to evaporate into the ether over the years. I know I've never thrown any away, or given them away but I have no idea where they went. I can only assume I took them to parties full of goodies and never had them returned. At one point I had a lot of pieces, I would have been able to retire comfortably on the proceeds!!;):rolleyes:

Vintage cookware pieces being sold for THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS online — here’s how you can turn your old plates and casseroles into a fortune!

Do you have a collection of CorningWare cookware? You could be sitting on a gold mine!

Vintage CorningWare is becoming increasingly popular with collectors, with some pieces fetching as much as $15,000 on buy and sell sites.

The iconic cookware was a staple in many Australian homes throughout the 1970s, with its distinctive floral and vegetable patterns instantly recognisable. But now, as interest in vintage homewares continues to grow, CorningWare is becoming increasingly sought-after.

Single casserole dishes are being listed for as much as $8,000, while CorningWare sets are selling for $15,000. One dish being offered for $6,995 has 31 watchers, while another $5,890 listing has a staggering 91 watchers - proving that these pieces are hot in the market right now.

xB7PfeC4xhjI8Zf37oirVtP0By3lYTIvsX8jVxpkTcvxj1vyMhE9s9WvELEWrmRBzIFFlBzmewkAecJ4_l1INlgzraGY2Wlukt4ikzI-RtcT9Rw2vStdOBfgrPhkigvrRViqTKUNUJ_JFl__

CorningWare pieces can fetch up thousands of dollars in auction sites, according to sellers. Credit: eBay.

The demand for such collectibles "has never been higher", according to one eBay seller.

She shared: “My mother collected CorningWare and it was very popular back in the day, but it’s been gathering dust in our home for years.”

“I’ve sold off a few pieces - with my mum’s blessing of course - and have made about $9,000 so far. I have another one listed at the moment, which I’m hoping to get around $2,500 for."

“I would never have thought that it could be so valuable. When I was younger, I thought it was just daggy."

One of the most sought-after patterns is the Spice of Life range, which features a distinctive design incorporating various vegetables, greenery and the words "L'Echalote La Marjolaine."

Other rare patterns, such as Wildflower (made from 1977 to 1984) and Floral Bouquet (made from 1971 to 1975), can rack up bids of up to $10,000 online.

The Cornflower range, which features a blue floral design, is the most common pattern. However, the piece can still attract as much as $1,750 on auction sites.

369aQ4Pv63t2AiCz7Ua0RJGDtDGE5Quh9IdXHBAZYqcaec5bGLdZDJp4K1ltkym9o_ir4NdMA_ED7VjSPVS2mU5ohIrpvMuUnbLfqdWHfrKiHETxa_3PAT0UApUjVO3v9m9j4sHxgi2cSM_F

Even the most common pattern of CorningWare cookware can rack up as much as $1,750 on auction sites. Credit: Amazon.

Glass expert Dean Six said that baby boomers are usually the biggest market for these pieces, noting that they design their homes with decorations "they grew up with".

He explained: “Collecting is often what you remember, which is why this is big now because baby boomers are buying back what they grew up with. Boomers are decorating with these pieces in their homes.”

He also revealed some selling prices for the pieces, saying: “One piece of CorningWare, in a pattern not widely produced, sold on eBay recently for $US7,000 (AUD$9.8k)’.”

So, there you have it, folks! If you have CorningWare cookware sitting somewhere in your home gathering dust, you might want to list them for auction. You may end up collecting thousands of dollars from it!

Aaaargh! As a young bride 45yrs ago, I was given 4 sets of Corning ware

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci
😱 As a young bride 45yrs ago, I was given 4 sets of CorningWare as wedding gifts, which I never really appreciated. I couldn’t cook, so use to make a. lot of casseroles. I continually took dish out of hot oven and placed it on cold draining board. They just use to shatter but I kept doing it🙄. Oh how I wish I was more careful. Hindsight hey?

I have a few pieces which I use now and again socially. Good to know I can eventually sell it.

Reactions: Ricci
I love those corning ware made in USA or Australia. There are couple of casserole dishes in the loft, all wrapped up. Bought them early 80s.
The baking dish is so, so good to use, easily cleaned after baking.
Gave 3 to one of my daughter in law and she loves it and uses them all the time.
I'm using my square dishes in microwave everyday. No plastic, warm n serve!
Experiencing 'financial pickle' maybe time to sell my pristine casserole dishes on eBay?
Thanks for the tip

I'm in quite a few vintage and antique Facebook groups, and apparently this started as a hoax a few years ago and then people started listing their Corningware for very high prices in the hopes of making a fortune. People may be asking ridiculous prices, but they will rarely sell! Most pieces will fetch $50 to $100, just check out Facebook marketplace!

I have the L'Echalote La Marjolaime one but the post does not show where they are listed. I would love to know where these have been seen for those prices?

I have a morning ware with lid (2nd from top photo) had it years forgot I had it.... anyone interested try messenger
Chippindall...also have wine/ sherry decanter 5th generation...cut crystal....with topper
(

Oh, wow!
Those wedding presents of the floral and vegetable pattern, which I have always loved, would make a tidy sum.
I still use them, not as often now, they still look brand new as I've always been fastidious when washing them.

Wow, I have a couple of these! Give as engagement presents. Does anyone know if this is true or a hoax as one poster above stated?

I have done quite a lot of research on these products (because I have two of them) and the general opinion is that these prices are rubbish. I have found that the pieces listed on Ebay sell for round $130-150. The expert vintage sellers say that the amount of people watching these huge prices are those who have the same piece and are watching to see if it is worth listing. Apparently Ebay never shows the sale prices!

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci
I have done quite a lot of research on these products (because I have two of them) and the general opinion is that these prices are rubbish. I have found that the pieces listed on Ebay sell for round $130-150. The expert vintage sellers say that the amount of people watching these huge prices are those who have the same piece and are watching to see if it is worth listing. Apparently Ebay never shows the sale prices!
IJH, eBay does show the sale prices just click on "Completed Items" on the left hand column - the prices in Green are those that actually sold; the Black prices are the asking price where there has been no sale. And yes, none are selling in the thousands of dollars, all the so-called 'rare' ones I looked at sell for less than $100. Just another sensational article with no truth to it.

Reactions: IJH and Ricci
I have corning ware dishes which I use regularly and they would be about 50 years old some made in the USA which were given to my parents by an Aunt and others in Australia.

These pieces are not actually being sold at these prices.
People have put these prices on them but not really getting the price. You can pick them up for around $40-$50