1976, I had given birth to a beautiful baby girl the day before, a little sister for our 2 year old boy. These were the days when florists were very few and far between and quite expensive especially for a very young couple like us just starting out in life.
We had a vegetable garden growing in the backyard of our rented housing trust home and my husband who was 22 at the time had also grown from seed Sturt Desert Peas, the floral emblem of South Australia.
He arrived at the hospital with our 2 year old son and an ice cream container. On opening it, the container was chock full of beautiful bright red Sturt Desert pea flowers picked from our garden. Coincidentally our daughter was born in July and the birthstone for July is Ruby, so the ruby red flowers of Sturt Desert Pea and a native to Australia was just perfect! My husband of now 50 years is still surprising me anytime of the year with flowers grown by him. Most recently a pot of Thai ginger flowers he had been secretly growing in a pot..😍

My son passed 2 years ago from cancer and I gave up on life, shut myself away stopped eating, ended up in hospital, malnourished and body shutting down, came home and my eldest son told me to go on a dating app, I did, nearly gave up, and something said, one more try, and there he was, the man I've been searching for my whole life, loves and accepts me as I am, im an artist and he helped me get back my heart n smile, im eternally his and he is mine

Hello there. Yes many a years ago I met my now married 40 years husband on the (we called it the love boat). P and O cruise. Heading out to Fiji What a wonderful time we had he was alone and I was alone cruising around the pacific who would of know then I would be with him for the rest of my life Lucky me happy valentine day my love and all of the other love birds out there. X

Hello there. Yes many a years ago I met my now married 40 years husband on the (we called it the love boat). P and O cruise. Heading out to Fiji What a wonderful time we had he was alone and I was alone cruising around the pacific who would of know then I would be with him for the rest of my life Lucky me happy valentine day my love and all of the other love birds out there. X
Sweet😍happy Valentine’s Day to you two also💖

At a works picnic when I was 15years old I was sitting on a rug when a good looking boy came and sat next to me , and my heart started to jump ,and we talked and talked and I felt like I had known him my whole life . We have now been married for 71 years . He still makes my heart jump .and we still talk and laugh together. He has been the love of my life for over 74years
How beautiful..and how fortunate having been married for such a long time...😍

Pretty photo😍
I met my soulmate well before 1990 and with each passing of year our love flourished. On Valentine’s Day in 1990 we decided to make this legal and seal our love 💕. Having traveled a long journey together for 34 years we now have a beautiful daughter who will be turning 33 this April. Sealed with love and respect we hope to travel further on our journey together till death do us apart. IMG_7815.jpeg

I met my soulmate well before 1990 and with each passing of year our love flourished. On Valentine’s Day in 1990 we decided to make this legal and seal our love 💕. Having traveled a long journey together for 34 years we now have a beautiful daughter who will be turning 33 this April. Sealed with love and respect we hope to travel further on our journey together till death do us apart. View attachment 41039
Lovely photo have a romantic day😍

What's better than your husband giving you flowers ? Is when your kids give them to let you know how much you are loved and appreciated.

My daughter just called in to have a coffee and give me these and said it was because of all the above .

View attachment 40457
That’s lovely Suzanne ! My Daughter gave me a beautiful bunch of flowers last week, just to cheer me up as it was the 11th anniversary of losing my wonderful husband. We were 4 months off being married 50 years and like you I married young 6 weeks off being 16 with courts permission. It means so much when our kids are so thoughtful. 🥰

In 1977 I met my wife in an operating theatre, (British Army Hospital in Aldershot) she being a student nurse and I trainee Operating Theatre Technician in the Royal Army Medical Corps. Showing off while transferring a patient from the trolley to the operating table, I accidently put a stretcher ash pole through the frosted double glazed window. She laughed so loudly I instantly had a disliking for her. Two years later, we met again, at QEMH Woolwich Hospital bar, this time we had a good laugh about it and became good friends. Our first Valentine date was at the Royal Albert Hall in London watching/listening the LSO version of 'classic Rock. This will be our 45th Valentine's day together.
OMG
OldKev that bought back memories I was born in Aldershot. I don’t think the Army hospital is there anymore and neither is the Army. It was know back then as the home of the British Army.

Last edited:
Wow! All these memories are making me feel romantic and mushy inside. And just to think that I have found the love of my life in the last few months.

And if you are reading this *insert name*, I LOVE YOU! 👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩
I think she should come out and let people know. Everyone will be very happy for both of you
Everyone deserves to be happy 😊

Sometimes we find our sole mate later in life.

I hope you invite us to the wedding . I will make the cake

I had never been one to say or even feel that flutter in a relationship. If one ended, I was usually okay with that, and moved on.
But a few years ago, I was introduced to the man who would eventually become my husband. He was in Africa; I was in Australia.
We phoned and video called for months, until I took my first trip of many to Ghana.
I was excited to meet him for the first time, in the flesh. I emerged from the cool, air conditioned airport, into the hot, Acrid air scanning the crowd.

Like a vision from a movie, my man emerged, resplendent in his traditional royal cloth, flanked by another chief, and his son, also in the bright colours of African fabrics.
I ran to him and we kissed. As I relaxed from his embrace, the words came from my mouth. “I love you!” It was not a plan, it just came from my mouth, the first time I had uttered the words in decades.
I held my breath, shocked by my words, and he responded, “I love you, too”.
Nothing has ever compared with that joyous moment of love.

I had never been one to say or even feel that flutter in a relationship. If one ended, I was usually okay with that, and moved on.
But a few years ago, I was introduced to the man who would eventually become my husband. He was in Africa; I was in Australia.
We phoned and video called for months, until I took my first trip of many to Ghana.
I was excited to meet him for the first time, in the flesh. I emerged from the cool, air conditioned airport, into the hot, Acrid air scanning the crowd.

Like a vision from a movie, my man emerged, resplendent in his traditional royal cloth, flanked by another chief, and his son, also in the bright colours of African fabrics.
I ran to him and we kissed. As I relaxed from his embrace, the words came from my mouth. “I love you!” It was not a plan, it just came from my mouth, the first time I had uttered the words in decades.
I held my breath, shocked by my words, and he responded, “I love you, too”.
Nothing has ever compared with that joyous moment of love.
😮 Congratulations for finding your true love have a lovely Valentine’s Day.😍

Reactions: Iggydi
1978, 1st year at Uni, in the library studying for a psychology exam.
This guy comes up to me ( I'd never met him before but I had seen him around) gets down on bended knee and asks me to marry him. My answer..... perhaps.
The rest of our conversation, as he helped me study for the open book exam which he'd already sat, had me answering all his questions with either perhaps, maybe or we'll see.
We will have been married for 42 years in May.
P.S. He failed the exam, I got a High Distinction.

1978, 1st year at Uni, in the library studying for a psychology exam.
This guy comes up to me ( I'd never met him before but I had seen him around) gets down on bended knee and asks me to marry him. My answer..... perhaps.
The rest of our conversation, as he helped me study for the open book exam which he'd already sat, had me answering all his questions with either perhaps, maybe or we'll see.
We will have been married for 42 years in May.
P.S. He failed the exam, I got a High Distinction.
Anybody on here done speed dating and fallen in love or lust and lasted.🤔

Reactions: Iggydi