I was 13 and playing pool with a friend when my eyes met the biggest blue eyes and dark hair longer than mine.

I had a fan girl crush on Jon English and the singer from Hush , and this guy looked across between both of them

View attachment 40423

His friend came over to ask us if we wanted to play doubles and that was the start to our relationship.

We jumped many hurdles , he was Greek I was an Aussie girl. My family didn't want me with a Greek and his wanted him with Greek girl not an Aussie .

The two years later We found out I was pregnant so we then moved in together , everyone thought it wouldn't work and that we were too young.

I was 16 and he just turned 19 when our daughter was born.

Today we have 13 kids, 19 grandchildren and still together after 49 years . I'm 62 he is 65
It must be love,love,love💖nothing more nothing less 💖 is the best.may you have many more years to come😊

My nursing friend got a phone call from a guy she sort of knew asking her for a date. she declined, already having a boyfriend. She told him I would go on a blind date with him, I was there saying no, no, no, but she organised it anyway. Not wanting to let him down I was dressed and waiting when he came to pick me up. He was 6’3” tall, I was 5’. Both of us thought no way it would work for us. We went to a picture theatre that night. When he dropped me back at the nurses home he asked me if I would go out with him again. I liked him so said yes, and he said he would ring me. He didn’t ring. everyone said I wouldn’t hear from him again. About two weeks later I was at home at my parents when I got a phone call from his mother, he had asked her to ring me, all he knew was my name and the name of the country town near where I lived. His mum had looked up the phone book and started ringing everybody listed with the same surname as me, looking for me. After ringing almost everyone listed she found me, we were almost the last name on the one and a half pages list of people with the same surname in that area. She told me he was really sick with a bad flu and would love it if he could still ring me after he recovered. She told me he was so worried I’d say no since I hadn’t heard from him. I said yes. I would have loved to have gone and visited him but as a trainee nurse had to be careful I didn’t take any infections into the hospital. Long story short as soon as he was well he rang me, we went out. We both knew we were in love after our second date, engaged in under three months, married in under twelve months ( we only waited so I could finish my nurses training). We will celebrate our 50th anniversary in May this year. Our marriage has been and still is full of love.

My nursing friend got a phone call from a guy she sort of knew asking her for a date. she declined, already having a boyfriend. She told him I would go on a blind date with him, I was there saying no, no, no, but she organised it anyway. Not wanting to let him down I was dressed and waiting when he came to pick me up. He was 6’3” tall, I was 5’. Both of us thought no way it would work for us. We went to a picture theatre that night. When he dropped me back at the nurses home he asked me if I would go out with him again. I liked him so said yes, and he said he would ring me. He didn’t ring. everyone said I wouldn’t hear from him again. About two weeks later I was at home at my parents when I got a phone call from his mother, he had asked her to ring me, all he knew was my name and the name of the country town near where I lived. His mum had looked up the phone book and started ringing everybody listed with the same surname as me, looking for me. After ringing almost everyone listed she found me, we were almost the last name on the one and a half pages list of people with the same surname in that area. She told me he was really sick with a bad flu and would love it if he could still ring me after he recovered. She told me he was so worried I’d say no since I hadn’t heard from him. I said yes. I would have loved to have gone and visited him but as a trainee nurse had to be careful I didn’t take any infections into the hospital. Long story short as soon as he was well he rang me, we went out. We both knew we were in love after our second date, engaged in under three months, married in under twelve months ( we only waited so I could finish my nurses training). We will celebrate our 50th anniversary in May this year. Our marriage has been and still is full of love.
What a beautiful story. We would love to see pictures if you didn't mind sharing. 😉

I was 13 and playing pool at the 500 snooker room at Dulwich Hill with a friend when my eyes met the biggest blue eyes and dark hair longer than mine.

I had a fan girl crush on Jon English and the singer from Hush , and this guy looked across between both of them

View attachment 40426

His friend came over to ask us if we wanted to play doubles and that was the start to our relationship.

Turned out we also attended the same school Dulwich Hill High.
I often jigged school and went home early , he would see me leaving and then walk me to class .

We jumped many hurdles , he was Greek I was an Aussie girl. My family didn't want me with a Greek and his wanted him with Greek girl not an Aussie .

The two years later We found out I was pregnant so we then moved in together , everyone thought it wouldn't work and that we were too young.

Today we have 13 kids, 19 grandchildren and still together after 49 years . I'm 62 he is 65

This is us now holding two of our granddaughter's
View attachment 40427
Love always finds a way. Congratulations to you both.

I had a mystery humungous bunch of flowers turn up with just "Happy Valentines Day" on it - no signature. Rang the florist, nothing. turns out it was from a guy I had run into at the local pub that I had gone to state school with - we later married but he never ever even thought about Valentines Day after that. Now divorced a long time and my now husband does not believe in Valentines day so it has been since 1976 since I last celebrated it. Sad but true.

My husband has never really believed in valentine's day, he believes it's a day the florist make a huge ammount of money and he says it's also dishonest that prices also go up on that day.

I remember maybe 10 years ago while at work a huge bunch of long stem roses were delivered to me, there was a card in it saying ,' thank you for being you ' and I will always love you to the moon and back ' .

To my husband you give flowers when you want , not when someone pressures you into doing it

I was 13 and playing pool at the 500 snooker room at Dulwich Hill with a friend when my eyes met the biggest blue eyes and dark hair longer than mine.

View attachment 40426

Turned out we also attended the same school Dulwich Hill High.
I often jigged school and went home early , he would see me leaving and then walk me to class .

This is us now holding two of our granddaughter's
View attachment 40427
I am thrilled for you Suzanne, you made me cry. I had a crush on an Italian boy I met while working, but Dad wouldn't let me date him. I was heartbroken, I married someone else at 17 and was divorced with 3 children at 34. Then the magic happened, and I met my husband who passed away 17months ago, it was love at first sight. Seems dad was right after all.

My husband has never really believed in valentine's day, he believes it's a day the florist make a huge ammount of money and he says it's also dishonest that prices also go up on that day.

I remember maybe 10 years ago while at work a huge bunch of long stem roses were delivered to me, there was a card in it saying ,' thank you for being you ' and I will always love you to the moon and back ' .

To my husband you give flowers when you want , not when someone pressures you into doing it
Neither hubby or I have ever bothered much with Valentine’s Day, we like to express our love for each other all the time. I do get lots of flowers, picked from our own garden and arranged by hubby, usually I arrive home from work or shopping and there they are on the kitchen bench. It is not unusual for both of us to find a little love note from each other under the pillow, in a clothes drawer or other random places quite often. When hubby worked I always wrote a love note and put in his lunchbox everyday. We have a good collection of these. Good for reminiscing. Will show the grandkids one day, but might have to take the risqué ones out first. Not sure they would see us in the same way if they read some of them.

Neither hubby or I have ever bothered much with Valentine’s Day, we like to express our love for each other all the time. I do get lots of flowers, picked from our own garden and arranged by hubby, usually I arrive home from work or shopping and there they are on the kitchen bench. It is not unusual for both of us to find a little love note from each other under the pillow, in a clothes drawer or other random places quite often. When hubby worked I always wrote a love note and put in his lunchbox everyday. We have a good collection of these. Good for reminiscing. Will show the grandkids one day, but might have to take the risqué ones out first. Not sure they would see us in the same way if they read some of them.
That's really beautiful, yeh usually the flowers hubby gives me are also picked from our garden.

I have a friend who's husband gives her a poem every birthday and honestly he could have published each and every one of them .

I told hubby he should write me poems but after the first one and how hard I laughed that poem was the first and last . I would put it up here but that would be cruel as I know he sometimes reads the post on here just doesn't reply .

That's really beautiful, yeh usually the flowers hubby gives me are also picked from our garden.

I have a friend who's husband gives her a poem every birthday and honestly he could have published each and every one of them .

I told hubby he should write me poems but after the first one and how hard I laughed that poem was the first and last . I would put it up here but that would be cruel as I know he sometimes reads the post on here just doesn't reply .
Well at least he tried, and it is a special keepsake for you. I’d call that true love and very romantic. There are so many ways to express love and appreciation between couples that don’t involve spending money. I’m not sure some of the younger generations of couples get that. Life these days is based so much on material things a lot of the simple pleasures we enjoyed have gone by the wayside.

Well at least he tried, and it is a special keepsake for you. I’d call that true love and very romantic. There are so many ways to express love and appreciation between couples that don’t involve spending money. I’m not sure some of the younger generations of couples get that. Life these days is based so much on material things a lot of the simple pleasures we enjoyed have gone by the wayside.
So very true, I see alot of young couples wasting money. My son inlaw takes my daughter out maybe once a month to their favourite restaurant where they order their favourite steak. The steak by itself without salad ect or drinks or dessert is $120 per steak

What's better than your husband giving you flowers ? Is when your kids give them to let you know how much you are loved and appreciated.

My daughter just called in to have a coffee and give me these and said it was because of all the above .

View attachment 40457
Sweet😍I used to give my mum flowers every time I saw her or english cheeses which she loved and my auntie as she never had kids also. Still don’t know why my mum hated my auntie she would never tell me.🤔and mum told me off for giving her stuff. Strange and I’ll never know.😊