Vacationer’s “creepy” find in a holiday home she rented leaves social media horrified — can you see what the fuss is all about?

An Australian vacationer's "creepy" discovery in a holiday home she rented has made the rounds on social media.

Can you see what the fuss is all about?

The unnamed woman has taken to Facebook to share a photo of the “disturbing” bathroom feature — a large shower with two doors that opened out into adjoining toilets — in the "old-timey" holiday home she was renting.

HbJTfnNzAUFiPpqSBLwAwf0GeicDQapQ8TQGPuHyiwqnPg3CWKOnftkzL07Cfk2EzYGCboK6xjGCtgG7_kKmxvLPYZ0OCq9rG_HPlsl90g5lODdusOICmxd0E6ZTuxJZQByOhRs

The rental home’s bathroom features a large shower with two doors that opened out into adjoining toilets. Credit: Facebook.

She wrote: "I'm staying in a really dated vacation rental and it has the creepiest shower situation I've ever seen."

"It's one large shower with two doors that open out into two different bathrooms."

The vacationer said that she could not believe her eyes when she stumbled upon the bathroom, exclaiming: "WHY??! Why are there 2 bathrooms that share one single shower?! When someone is showering, it makes BOTH bathrooms essentially occupied because you can see into the shower from both bathrooms."

The post amassed thousands of reactions and comments from Facebook users who shared similar encounters with this style of "bathroom architecture".

One woman shared: "I dated someone a while ago who lived in a shared flat. You HAD to go through the two-door bathroom to enter his room."

"There was no other way to enter. Which also meant that he was "trapped" when his housemates were using the bathroom and locked the door to his room," she added.

Another person recalled: "I stayed in an Airbnb last week that had two shower heads on parallel walls in each tiny shower. One old head and one rain shower each, and there was no way to turn just one off."

"You either get no shower, or you get pelted from all sides. I've seen this in really large showers, but in the tiny ones it just feels like you're being attacked."

Others who are familiar with the design of the bathroom explained that the style was quite popular back in the 70s.

One man explained: "I’ve seen this architectural digest, it’s called the peep show shower. It’s what helped make the 1970s "groovy"."
m_QgUXRDHPh71b8VQ1UfJwC03TO1T-sdDrhlx3AWLDjxYC-C1uQiwaaKAMibicUsuRMKes_W4qPLdkaqWkk64geyPPwW7kcA25yFL7L2f0csGtEB94paDHkXxAtC0yyUwY8qByI

It was said that the style was quite popular in the 70s and was called “peep show shower”. Credit: Facebook.

Meanwhile, a number of real estate agents defended the rental place's "creepy" style, saying that the design is actually "not exactly bad".

One real estate agent wrote: "I showed a house a few weeks ago that had a shower room with a door connected to two different toilet/sink rooms."

"It was weird, but not exactly bad. Two people needing to shower at the same time doesn’t happen as often as two needing to use the lavatory at the same time."

How about you? Have you had this bathroom feature before in previous homes or better yet in your current home? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Vacationer’s “creepy” find in a holiday home she rented leaves social media horrified — can you see what the fuss is all about?

An Australian vacationer's "creepy" discovery in a holiday home she rented has made the rounds on social media.

Can you see what the fuss is all about?

The unnamed woman has taken to Facebook to share a photo of the “disturbing” bathroom feature — a large shower with two doors that opened out into adjoining toilets — in the "old-timey" holiday home she was renting.

HbJTfnNzAUFiPpqSBLwAwf0GeicDQapQ8TQGPuHyiwqnPg3CWKOnftkzL07Cfk2EzYGCboK6xjGCtgG7_kKmxvLPYZ0OCq9rG_HPlsl90g5lODdusOICmxd0E6ZTuxJZQByOhRs

The rental home’s bathroom features a large shower with two doors that opened out into adjoining toilets. Credit: Facebook.

She wrote: "I'm staying in a really dated vacation rental and it has the creepiest shower situation I've ever seen."

"It's one large shower with two doors that open out into two different bathrooms."

The vacationer said that she could not believe her eyes when she stumbled upon the bathroom, exclaiming: "WHY??! Why are there 2 bathrooms that share one single shower?! When someone is showering, it makes BOTH bathrooms essentially occupied because you can see into the shower from both bathrooms."

The post amassed thousands of reactions and comments from Facebook users who shared similar encounters with this style of "bathroom architecture".

One woman shared: "I dated someone a while ago who lived in a shared flat. You HAD to go through the two-door bathroom to enter his room."

"There was no other way to enter. Which also meant that he was "trapped" when his housemates were using the bathroom and locked the door to his room," she added.

Another person recalled: "I stayed in an Airbnb last week that had two shower heads on parallel walls in each tiny shower. One old head and one rain shower each, and there was no way to turn just one off."

"You either get no shower, or you get pelted from all sides. I've seen this in really large showers, but in the tiny ones it just feels like you're being attacked."

Others who are familiar with the design of the bathroom explained that the style was quite popular back in the 70s.

One man explained: "I’ve seen this architectural digest, it’s called the peep show shower. It’s what helped make the 1970s "groovy"."

m_QgUXRDHPh71b8VQ1UfJwC03TO1T-sdDrhlx3AWLDjxYC-C1uQiwaaKAMibicUsuRMKes_W4qPLdkaqWkk64geyPPwW7kcA25yFL7L2f0csGtEB94paDHkXxAtC0yyUwY8qByI

It was said that the style was quite popular in the 70s and was called “peep show shower”. Credit: Facebook.

Meanwhile, a number of real estate agents defended the rental place's "creepy" style, saying that the design is actually "not exactly bad".

One real estate agent wrote: "I showed a house a few weeks ago that had a shower room with a door connected to two different toilet/sink rooms."

"It was weird, but not exactly bad. Two people needing to shower at the same time doesn’t happen as often as two needing to use the lavatory at the same time."

How about you? Have you had this bathroom feature before in previous homes or better yet in your current home? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Never seen anything like it...very weird!

I've never seen such a thing and certainly don't want to experience. I lived in shared Uni accommodation during the 70's and we certainly didn't have anything like it. We were lucky enough to have the toilet with a mirror and basin in a separate room to the shower and basin so it worked well for us four students.

Reactions: Ricci
Not a shower but we had a toilet accessed from two sides. One being an unlocked sliding door leading to the laundry, the other could be locked. I could understand why if in a hurry coming from outside, easier to go. It was a nuisance at times.

Reactions: Vinylted and Ricci