UK reveals truth behind viral rumours of King Charles' ‘death’

In an age where information travels faster than the speed of light, it's not uncommon for falsehoods to spread like wildfire, leaving confusion and concern in their wake.

This was precisely the case when a series of Russian media outlets falsely reported the death of Britain's King Charles III.

The news sent ripples across the globe, prompting a swift response from the British embassy to quash the rumours and affirm the monarch's well-being.

The original reports, which emerged from Russian news outlets such as Mash and Readkovka, were not only unfounded but also accompanied by a doctored Buckingham Palace death announcement.

The timing of these reports has raised eyebrows and questions about the possible involvement of Russian propaganda teams in the dissemination of this fake news.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 072909.png
The fake palace announcement of the king’s passing. Image source: Readkovka

Mash media reportedly claimed: ‘Britain’s King Charles III has died, Buckingham Palace reports.’

‘The son of Elizabeth II ascended the throne less than a year ago — the coronation took place on May 6, 2023. He was 75 years old,’ they added.

The British embassy acted with speed, releasing statements through various channels to clarify that the reports about King Charles III's death were unequivocally false.

‘Reports about the death of King Charles III of Great Britain are fake,’ the embassy stated.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 080133.png
The UK embassy in Russia debunked the reports. Image source: @ukinrussia/X (Twitter)

The embassy in Ukraine echoed this message, ensuring that the truth reached as many people as possible.

The Russian media outlet later updated their story with the statement: ‘The message turned out to be fake…’

‘The King of Great Britain is alive and continues to go about his business. At least that’s what Buckingham Palace says. Officials said the same thing after the first news of the death of Elizabeth II,’ they continued.

While the false narrative spun by the Russian media was elaborate, the story quickly unravelled as the truth came to light, with Buckingham Palace and official sources confirming that King Charles III is very much alive.

‘Pleased to confirm that the King continues to [fulfill] his work duties and attend to private affairs,’ the palace stated.

It's important to note that King Charles III was indeed diagnosed with a form of cancer following an operation for an enlarged prostate in January.

The announcement of his health condition in February led to a temporary step back from public engagements as he underwent treatment.

This personal health challenge has placed additional responsibilities on other members of the royal family, such as Queen Camilla and Prince William, especially as Catherine, Princess of Wales, is also recovering from surgery.

Despite these challenges, there is a strong determination from the King to participate in the upcoming Trooping the Colour in June.

This annual event, which celebrates the monarch's birthday with grand pageantry, is a significant occasion in the royal calendar.

Although King Charles was born in November, the celebration traditionally takes place in June, with this year's King's Birthday Parade scheduled for June 15.

The recent hoax serves as a reminder of the power of misinformation in the digital era and the importance of verifying news through reliable sources.

King Charles' health remains a topic of concern and interest for many, and we wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Key Takeaways
  • Russian media outlets spread false reports that King Charles had died, which were swiftly debunked by the British embassy.
  • The false reports circulated following criticism of Vladimir Putin's recent election 'victory' in Russia.
  • King Charles was previously diagnosed with a form of cancer and withdrew from public engagements to undergo treatment.
  • The British monarchy clarified King Charles is alive and continues his royal duties, looking to possibly attend the Trooping the Colour in June.

What are your thoughts on the recent misinformation regarding King Charles III? Have you encountered any similar hoaxes that left you baffled? Share your experiences and insights in the comments below!

Sponsored
Why is SDC promoting Russian communist kfb mentality propaganda? Is SDC so gullible to believe such lies? Doesn't SDC understand the russian soviet communist kgb menatlity is using western media including SDC as their propaganda machine to sow doubt? Everyone knows that the russian soviet communist kgb menatlity pays others to do their dirty work. Can't believe SDC is gettng paid for promoting this crap.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
SDC very disappointed to see you still showing this rubbish 6 days after initially printing as it is clearly untrue. Haven't we had enough false gossip over the Royal family?.
Quote ----The recent hoax serves as a reminder of the power of misinformation in the digital era and the importance of verifying news through reliable sources.

would you not make a complete check before posting? now you have made a complete fool of yourselves.

FFS guys, leave the SDC team alone. They are not reporting this as factual just informing us of what is happening in the world. Also this Sunday edition is just a recap of what made news during the week.
My advice to you is to pour yourself a drink (I'll have a Scotch), take a chill pill and take your whinging and go and scroll through Quora or Reddit for some real fake news 🤠

FFS guys, leave the SDC team alone. They are not reporting this as factual just informing us of what is happening in the world. Also this Sunday edition is just a recap of what made news during the week.
My advice to you is to pour yourself a drink (I'll have a Scotch), take a chill pill and take your whinging and go and scroll through Quora or Reddit for some real fake news 🤠
I'm well aware of that, but no need to repost stupid gossip. Actually, I think the SDC team do a great service, I am allowed to sometimes be disappointed with what I read. Take your own advice and have another drink.

Reactions: Johnnie boy
And it is totally dodgy newsletters/magazines/scammers such as yourself (Seniors Discount Club), that keeps these rumours going, and tries to make them "real"!

I think it is abhorrent that SDC bothers commenting on such false news. Don’t give the social media “commentators “ the time of day. That’s all they want and we don’t need to fall for their nonsense

Reactions: hornetster
If it's given on the anti-social media sites, then it MUST be true.

And I am STILL getting emails from you talking about this!!
Time to cancel my subscription - this is RIDICULOUS!!