I actually had one of these monster televisions.... and recall living in a well-appointed alternative house in Balmain many years back that had a fish tank inside one as part of our regular household programming.

Most television repairs could be achieved by a short THUMP in just the right place at the back.

I remember as a child watching a western and just as the Indians poured down the slopes towards the wagon train. The television screen went blank, and a sign wobbled on screen for a bit then remained. it read "Gone to the toilet!" ha ha ha.

God, I miss the old days sometimes. ha ha ha

Almost as good as the dial phones with the cords.😄
yeah... I remember wanting to use the phone and the extension cord was somehow almost always under the door of my sister's bedroom and the door was locked, and I mean for aaaaages... "Mum needs to use the phone, and I have been told to unplug it in another minute, if you do not hang up!" usually worked...

just a couple of things......those tiny televisions for your bedroom, with the rabbit ears for reception......oh how good were they ?....your own TV, WOW. Then one day someone came up with 'VIDEOS'....say What !! What the hell is a video ? and a video shop and a video player....hell what's going on here guys !!!.....Slow up a bit will you.🤣😂

just a couple of things......those tiny televisions for your bedroom, with the rabbit ears for reception......oh how good were they ?....your own TV, WOW. Then one day someone came up with 'VIDEOS'....say What !! What the hell is a video ? and a video shop and a video player....hell what's going on here guys !!!.....Slow up a bit will you.🤣😂
Someone please tell Earth to stop spinning... it's making me dizzy..!!!

Ha ha I said extra for the remote!
I didn't say we HAD one!!!
Remember everyone saying"why do we need a contraption to change the channel??We all fought to change our own to what we wanted to watch🤣
To the person that remembers the "thump to fix" it... thankyou!!!!!
Exactly what ours used to do.The screen would go funny and you knew exactly were to jump hard in the room and WHAM, it was fixed.We never ever worked out why it fixed it and the strange creature called the"tv repair man" couldn't understand why our thump and jump would fix it and he couldn't.
Loving all the remenicing guys.
Thanks for the memories and the laughs😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

yeah... I remember wanting to use the phone and the extension cord was somehow almost always under the door of my sister's bedroom and the door was locked, and I mean for aaaaages... "Mum needs to use the phone, and I have been told to unplug it in another minute, if you do not hang up!" usually worked...
😄

Reactions: Pink lion
But wait,there's more.☝️What about the little TV,with,wait for it, drum roll please,with the built in video player just under the screen. And yes,you'd then go to the video store to rent out the videos. Ahhhhhhh!! The good ole days.😃😄🤔

Reactions: Pink lion
But wait,there's more.☝️What about the little TV,with,wait for it, drum roll please,with the built in video player just under the screen. And yes,you'd then go to the video store to rent out the videos. Ahhhhhhh!! The good ole days.😃😄🤔
And now, no more outings (we walked as we didn't have a car) and less excited anticipation to see what we brought home. Yep the memories still fresh...

Ha ha I said extra for the remote!
I didn't say we HAD one!!!
Remember everyone saying"why do we need a contraption to change the channel??We all fought to change our own to what we wanted to watch🤣
To the person that remembers the "thump to fix" it... thankyou!!!!!
Exactly what ours used to do.The screen would go funny and you knew exactly were to jump hard in the room and WHAM, it was fixed.We never ever worked out why it fixed it and the strange creature called the"tv repair man" couldn't understand why our thump and jump would fix it and he couldn't.
Loving all the remenicing guys.
Thanks for the memories and the laughs😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
And can anyone remember the days when your parents would switch on the tele and it was like the programs were just starting,there was a presenter announcing that the station was starting up or something like that and then at night every channel would shut down at about 11:00pm and there was no such thing as watching tele overnight. I just vaguely remember that. Have I got it right.?? Anyone out there remember when that use to happen.???? And exactly what used to happen.🤔

• Haha
Reactions: mOiOz
Someone please tell Earth to stop spinning... it's making me dizzy..!!!
I met a guy at a well to do party when i was a subcontract chippy a few years back. During our meet and greet, he asked if I had any spare cash to invest in a thing called Betta cord that was coming into Australia in the next couple of months. I was a huge fan of drive-in movies and said mate, we have the television and the Pictures in town and so basically waived him away.

A few years later a guy on a building site told me he was getting out of carpentry and has a plan to prepare and buy up all of the Betta cords and sell them to the farmers in outlying towns around the nation. He explained a new thing called DVD was coming that's heaps better but more expensive than betta cord and so he was going to collect a mobile library and hire people to drive around and rent them and then sell them the DVD's when they wanted to upgrade.

But I didn't like him as a person and couldn't see myself in business with him... Then we had disks and now they stream movies etc... Our worlds changing fast. The tell a story box (television) never did tell a vision that appeals.

I have a near new 900 cm Sony here, but I only watch DVD's, on it. I disconnected the arial and put the cable in the trash to have a much better, more creative life. My laptop and phone keep my up with the news and evidently within ten years, we'll all have AI cybernetic friends to do all the tech stuff ... millions of them are forecast to be throughout society soon its true...

And all from the humble t/v

Reactions: mOiOz