I remember the very first day that I ever saw television. There was a massive pile of us waiting for it in the Wickepin general store.
My chin was on someone's head and someone's chin was on mine etc and a face was on either side of mine etc.

We were all piled up, pressed against the shop widow and then the television was turned on." Felix the cat" was the very first thing we watched and then the shopkeeper came out and shooed us all away. with a broom.

I will always remember it as one of the most remarkable things my eyes have ever seen. From nothing but staring at a glass box to moving pictures and sound. IT WAS REMARKABLE.... it's nothing now, but back then...

And can anyone remember the days when your parents would switch on the tele and it was like the programs were just starting,there was a presenter announcing that the station was starting up or something like that and then at night every channel would shut down at about 11:00pm and there was no such thing as watching tele overnight. I just vaguely rememSure remember that - and the epilogue came on ber that. Have I got it right.?? Anyone out there remember when that use to happen.???? And exactly what used to happen.🤔
Yes remember that and the epilogue came on after the movie. I loved IMT those days

Reactions: Pink lion
And Disney movies used to start off with Tinkerbell touching the spire on top of magic castle... Years ago I mentioned Disney doing this, on UTube and about 50 Americans said that this never happened which is indeed curious because I still can recall this opening. Does anyone else remember.... And Marvin the Martian... little me, always like him..

Reactions: Veggiepatch
And can anyone remember the days when your parents would switch on the tele and it was like the programs were just starting,there was a presenter announcing that the station was starting up or something like that and then at night every channel would shut down at about 11:00pm and there was no such thing as watching tele overnight. I just vaguely remember that. Have I got it right.?? Anyone out there remember when that use to happen.???? And exactly what used to happen.🤔

And can anyone remember the days when your parents would switch on the tele and it was like the programs were just starting,there was a presenter announcing that the station was starting up or something like that and then at night every channel would shut down at about 11:00pm and there was no such thing as watching tele overnight. I just vaguely remember that. Have I got it right.?? Anyone out there remember when that use to happen.???? And exactly what used to happen.🤔
Yes,tv would finish at 12pm ..midnight and the screen would just go fuzzy.If you were watching the ABC,they would play the national anthem and then,and only then,
it would go fuzzy and it was all over for the night.Yep no late nights watching tv,the pubs and clubs would close,no other choice but to go home,stay home and try to behave😉

And Disney movies used to start off with Tinkerbell touching the spire on top of magic castle... Years ago I mentioned Disney doing this, on UTube and about 50 Americans said that this never happened which is indeed curious because I still can recall this opening. Does anyone else remember.... And Marvin the Martian... little me, always like him..
I do. And Marvin the Martian with his "space demodulator".

I have a near new 900 cm Sony here, but I only watch DVD's, on it. I disconnected the arial and put the cable in the trash to have a much better, more creative life. My laptop and phone keep my up with the news and evidently within ten years, we'll all have AI cybernetic friends to do all the tech stuff ... millions of them are forecast to be throughout society soon its true...
How big is your lounge room?! :p