This woman's jaw-dropping handbag collection is dividing the internet – see for yourself!

In a time where many of us are cutting back on spending and learning to be content with less, it's not surprising that some people are taken aback by those who choose to splurge on luxury items.

One Aussie woman learned this the hard way when she shared photos of her perfectly organised handbag collection online, only to receive a wave of comments from strangers who were either in awe of her collection or appalled by it.

The woman took to the Cleaning & Organisation Inspiration Australia Facebook group to share photos of her beautiful bags, writing, 'The handbag room has been organised.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 12.14.19 PM.png
One woman shared her organised collection of handbags on social media, but she did not expect the response she received. Credit: Facebook.

She quickly received over 3,000 likes on the post and almost 1,500 comments from people responding to her collection.

'OMG, are these all yours? It looks amazing! How awesome to have the room to be able to do that,' one person commented, with another fellow handbag lover saying: 'Be still, my beating heart; I am in looooove!'

While some commenters gushed over how pretty and well-organised the room was, others were quick to point out what they saw as a 'waste of money'.

One person wrote in the comments section, 'You could just about feed a third-world country with what these must have cost,' while someone else added, 'My husband took one look at this and went: "That's a gross example of consumerism", so I don't think this is the norm.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 12.14.13 PM.png
When questioned about her handbag collection, the woman claimed that it was well within her financial capabilities. Credit: Facebook.

The original poster later took to the comments section to clarify a few things in response to the criticisms. She revealed that she is childless, most of the bags were purchased on sale, and that she enjoys rotating between them every fortnight.

'Let me state that most of these bags are [bought] on special and not designer, but just pretty. My goal is to give the opportunity to anyone who wants to borrow one the ability to do so. Sharing is caring,' she wrote.

'Questions answered: Yes, I use them all. I rotate maybe fortnightly. I enjoy organising and cleaning out my handbags. The nice ones are mostly gifts from my beautiful friends. Yes, I have a favourite. And it is a burgundy Michael Kors bag. My best friend got it for me and started my obsession,' she added.

What do you think of this woman's handbag collection, members? Do you believe spending this much money on handbags was 'obnoxious', or do you think the woman should be allowed to indulge her wants and needs?

And while we're still on the topic, have you ever been criticised for something you spent money on, even though it was within your budget? We'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
I recognised that the most expensive bag there was the Michael Kor bag around $300.
I don't see anything wrong with this, if she can afford it then what she does with her money is her business.
I love her organisation
People collect different things, shoes, stamps, coins, old cars ect.

One of my daughters love shoes and for her graduation she purchased a pair of
CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN $1,800 I gasped but then thought she worked hard at uni and worked hard in her job. She now works so hard as a theatre nurse . She did say she wouldn't spend that again.
I was shocked to hear you can't wear them in the rain.
Screenshot_20221122-064350_Gallery.jpg

PYRACLOU 60MM

In a time where many of us are cutting back on spending and learning to be content with less, it's not surprising that some people are taken aback by those who choose to splurge on luxury items.

One Aussie woman learned this the hard way when she shared photos of her perfectly organised handbag collection online, only to receive a wave of comments from strangers who were either in awe of her collection or appalled by it.

The woman took to the Cleaning & Organisation Inspiration Australia Facebook group to share photos of her beautiful bags, writing, 'The handbag room has been organised.'

View attachment 9260
One woman shared her organised collection of handbags on social media, but she did not expect the response she received. Credit: Facebook.

She quickly received over 3,000 likes on the post and almost 1,500 comments from people responding to her collection.

'OMG, are these all yours? It looks amazing! How awesome to have the room to be able to do that,' one person commented, with another fellow handbag lover saying: 'Be still, my beating heart; I am in looooove!'

While some commenters gushed over how pretty and well-organised the room was, others were quick to point out what they saw as a 'waste of money'.

One person wrote in the comments section, 'You could just about feed a third-world country with what these must have cost,' while someone else added, 'My husband took one look at this and went: "That's a gross example of consumerism", so I don't think this is the norm.'

View attachment 9261
When questioned about her handbag collection, the woman claimed that it was well within her financial capabilities. Credit: Facebook.

The original poster later took to the comments section to clarify a few things in response to the criticisms. She revealed that she is childless, most of the bags were purchased on sale, and that she enjoys rotating between them every fortnight.

'Let me state that most of these bags are [bought] on special and not designer, but just pretty. My goal is to give the opportunity to anyone who wants to borrow one the ability to do so. Sharing is caring,' she wrote.

'Questions answered: Yes, I use them all. I rotate maybe fortnightly. I enjoy organising and cleaning out my handbags. The nice ones are mostly gifts from my beautiful friends. Yes, I have a favourite. And it is a burgundy Michael Kors bag. My best friend got it for me and started my obsession,' she added.

What do you think of this woman's handbag collection, members? Do you believe spending this much money on handbags was 'obnoxious', or do you think the woman should be allowed to indulge her wants and needs?

And while we're still on the topic, have you ever been criticised for something you spent money on, even though it was within your budget? We'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!
Good luck to her, if she has the money then she has the right to do with it as she wishes.

View attachment 9260

View attachment 9261

I love handbags, so I can admire them. Otherwise, what she spends her money on is her business. We don't know that she doesn't give to charity, so we shouldn't criticise.

View attachment 9260

View attachment 9261

The things that set people off amazes me. I downsized my handbag collection and wallets and shoes. Nobody’s business what people buy. I like that the lady has the room to organise her collection. She has probably had her bags for years,I have. People need to be kind instead of knocking others.

View attachment 9260

View attachment 9261

My reply is to the woman with the handbag collection. Good on you, enjoy the spoils of your toil!

View attachment 9260

View attachment 9261

Who need so many bags in the same colour???? The photos look like they were taken at a bag store

Good on her, if that's your thing and every other aspect of your life is covered then why not. It wouldn't be my thing, I buy one small good quality leather bag, I've had my current one about 10 years and when it dies I'll replace it. I buy the smallest possible that can hold my phone, cards and some emergency cash, I have absolutely no desire to carry a whole load of unnecessary cr*p everywhere I go. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JayKay
I love handbags, so I can admire them. Otherwise, what she spends her money on is her business. We don't know that she doesn't give to charity, so we shouldn't criticise.
I personally only have one handbag at a time. Never have had the urge for more except when young & broke I did have one for evenings that was not big enough for the daily grind of travelling to & from London. Being as my wage was One pound twelve & six a week & mum took the pound for board & travel took most of the rest. So very little was saved just penny's a week.

Reactions: Marj53 and Ricci
Good luck to her if that's what she wants. Certainly cheaper than buying cars. My friend's son in law recently purchased a 5yr old car for $200,000. It cost more $ when it was new.

Reactions: Marj53 and Ricci

View attachment 9260

View attachment 9261

Lots of people have the collection bug, I personally started collecting pocket watches many years ago, unfortunately, I have no one to give the collection to.

Good on her, if that's your thing and every other aspect of your life is covered then why not. It wouldn't be my thing, I buy one small good quality leather bag, I've had my current one about 10 years and when it dies I'll replace it. I buy the smallest possible that can hold my phone, cards and some emergency cash, I have absolutely no desire to carry a whole load of unnecessary cr*p everywhere I go. :rolleyes:
I've down graded or should I say upgrade to small bags basically like a bumbag only a should bag with one long adjustable strap, the bigger my bag the more crap I carry 😂

Reactions: Ricci