This woman's jaw-dropping handbag collection is dividing the internet – see for yourself!

In a time where many of us are cutting back on spending and learning to be content with less, it's not surprising that some people are taken aback by those who choose to splurge on luxury items.

One Aussie woman learned this the hard way when she shared photos of her perfectly organised handbag collection online, only to receive a wave of comments from strangers who were either in awe of her collection or appalled by it.

The woman took to the Cleaning & Organisation Inspiration Australia Facebook group to share photos of her beautiful bags, writing, 'The handbag room has been organised.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 12.14.19 PM.png
One woman shared her organised collection of handbags on social media, but she did not expect the response she received. Credit: Facebook.

She quickly received over 3,000 likes on the post and almost 1,500 comments from people responding to her collection.

'OMG, are these all yours? It looks amazing! How awesome to have the room to be able to do that,' one person commented, with another fellow handbag lover saying: 'Be still, my beating heart; I am in looooove!'

While some commenters gushed over how pretty and well-organised the room was, others were quick to point out what they saw as a 'waste of money'.

One person wrote in the comments section, 'You could just about feed a third-world country with what these must have cost,' while someone else added, 'My husband took one look at this and went: "That's a gross example of consumerism", so I don't think this is the norm.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 12.14.13 PM.png
When questioned about her handbag collection, the woman claimed that it was well within her financial capabilities. Credit: Facebook.

The original poster later took to the comments section to clarify a few things in response to the criticisms. She revealed that she is childless, most of the bags were purchased on sale, and that she enjoys rotating between them every fortnight.

'Let me state that most of these bags are [bought] on special and not designer, but just pretty. My goal is to give the opportunity to anyone who wants to borrow one the ability to do so. Sharing is caring,' she wrote.

'Questions answered: Yes, I use them all. I rotate maybe fortnightly. I enjoy organising and cleaning out my handbags. The nice ones are mostly gifts from my beautiful friends. Yes, I have a favourite. And it is a burgundy Michael Kors bag. My best friend got it for me and started my obsession,' she added.

What do you think of this woman's handbag collection, members? Do you believe spending this much money on handbags was 'obnoxious', or do you think the woman should be allowed to indulge her wants and needs?

And while we're still on the topic, have you ever been criticised for something you spent money on, even though it was within your budget? We'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
Lots of people have the collection bug, I personally started collecting pocket watches many years ago, unfortunately, I have no one to give the collection to.
If you ever feel like parting with your collection, Auctioneers will come to your house and value them.
They will auction them off for a fee - if you agree.
My brother and I did this when my father passed away years ago.
He had a large collection of antique clocks, and our mother didn't want to look after them.
We kept a few which we liked.
Mum made a really good profit out of the auction.

Reactions: Ricci
I now have a large and beautiful handbag collection and has taken me years to collect. So, I understand this lady. Some people have a large collection of shoes which I can not have due to my disability which means I'm limited to flat shoes which I purchase on sale and go through like butter. I even have clothes including Australian designer clothes that are now 30 plus years old and in like new condition because I look after them. I am now medically retired from my birth disability and can no longer afford any more handbags unless it's a cheap one on sale of course, but it excels in design and colour. Like many, I have a keen eye and get compliments of my choice of items. The most expensive price I paid for a handbag was $499 (years ago) and yes, it's beautiful. I also donate to charity and actually donated last night 25.11.2022 during the Black Friday sales and glade that I did this as well. It wasn't much, but as they say 'every cent counts.' I also often donate to animal shelters when I can afford to do so. I needed a new tv and it went on further sale for Black Friday sales still on sale now and it's now actually $Half Price from original retail). Luckily, the Good Guys needed to order the item in and it had not been delivered yet. I went back to the store and they honoured the extra $200 Off and gave me a refund. Which also meant I got $30 Off the stores Gold Concierge Extended Warranty refund = $230. So, I purchased a matching Hisense sound bar (on sale) and E/W and The Good Guys lower the price of the sound bar a little extra for me (already on sale) and now I have a matching sound bar. For people that want to know the tv it's the Hisense OLED 55" (Model: 55X8HAU). Original retail was $2,999. Then, retail price $2,495.00. Then, sale price (still at other stores) $1,695. Now on EXTRA SALE at The Good Guys $1,495.00. It means that the beautiful OLED tv is $Half Price. Bargain everyone.

Last edited: