This '80s treat is making a comeback and you're definitely going to love it!

There's something special about treats from the past. They bring with them a sense of nostalgia, making us feel warm and fuzzy inside when we get to try them again.

Whether it's a classic chocolate block that takes us back to our childhood or a cake recipe that was passed down from our grandparents, these treats always seem to hit the spot.

And in a world that can often feel uncertain and chaotic, it's nice to have a little taste of nostalgia to remind us of simpler times.

Speaking of nostalgia, did you know that a popular treat from the 80s has recently made a comeback?

Peters launched its newest flavour from the Twin Pole ice cream range. The Blue Raspberry Spider, which features a delectable creamy vanilla ice cream on one side and scrumptious blue raspberry-flavoured sorbet on the other, is said to be reminiscent of the iconic Smurfee — a treat that was initially made available in 1979.

OfkRDs1lldemvqAZ9nf4jGelweVKKGBwqE_lxB4t79F_-L5sq-4enZ-AZtN4qfL083DOxQptrOfQpXKHN3OLWeZ15BgZ5jNn6_uuD6FN97sFnDKh4Os4MF28MnRfV2L4EVfA0C_3llwcZS5AUatk0cDIAeawm-mtLJMsbp33n2EIDtzjTnyAuM3o

Peters’ new Twin Pole ice cream flavour reminded many shoppers of the Smurfees - an iconic 80’s treat. Credit: news.com.au via Peters.

Peters Ice Cream Marketing Manager Eileen Whitta acknowledged Smurfee's 'cultural footprint' among ice cream fans.

She said: 'Smurfee was such an iconic ice cream and has a special place in our history alongside Twin Pole.'

'We are so excited to share a reimagined version that lovers of the original Smurfee, as well as the younger generation, can enjoy and share.'

Beginning in September, the Twin Pole Blue Raspberry Spider will be sold at all major supermarkets and convenience stores for $7.50 per pack.

Several shoppers were ecstatic to see the ice cream again.

Bob Byrne, author of Remember When in Australia, said: 'I have fond memories of enjoying a Smurfee with a friend on a hot summer’s day in the ’80s, it was one of my favourite treats of all time, a memory that I look forward to recreating with the new Twin Pole.'

oy9AYIueffihwybNgIClPhRXKcIZOgAIOHy894a71qiE7L47JcP3xwyKjg4QL6P6n8RcMU2xoFBwZ400z44a6EdY5FnjZm4pwODZg_7CXmnVDMpHxYBcbtpWO3vroJgVN2cP1EqRQsBCBQu4JofXBCt-iXKAi84lNAeR764RNeAXiOga_jxKIVuT

A photo of the packaging of the original Smurfee. Credit: Pinterest.

Some people took to social media to express their delight over the release of the new flavour.

One shopper wrote: 'I only saw them in the shops today and said to my daughter that it’s the Smurfee ice-cream and she looked at me as if I was from another planet.'

'She’s 15 lol Can’t wait to buy some! YYYYUUUUMMMMM!'

'Ooh, I loved these! Hope they still taste the same,' another added.

A third chimed in: 'We can never have enough blue food colouring in life!'

While the ice cream is technically not identical to the Smurfees, it can still bring nostalgia to many people who experienced tasting the original treat.

There's something about certain foods that can take us back to a different time in our lives. Maybe it's the taste, the smell, or the way it looks.

Whatever it is, certain foods have the power to transport us to another place and time — and it's always a nice feeling.

So, next time you're feeling a little down, why not treat yourself to a blast from the past? You might just find that it's exactly what you need.

Will you be giving this cool treat a try? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
There's something special about treats from the past. They bring with them a sense of nostalgia, making us feel warm and fuzzy inside when we get to try them again.

Whether it's a classic chocolate block that takes us back to our childhood or a cake recipe that was passed down from our grandparents, these treats always seem to hit the spot.

And in a world that can often feel uncertain and chaotic, it's nice to have a little taste of nostalgia to remind us of simpler times.

Speaking of nostalgia, did you know that a popular treat from the 80s has recently made a comeback?

Peters launched its newest flavour from the Twin Pole ice cream range. The Blue Raspberry Spider, which features a delectable creamy vanilla ice cream on one side and scrumptious blue raspberry-flavoured sorbet on the other, is said to be reminiscent of the iconic Smurfee — a treat that was initially made available in 1979.

OfkRDs1lldemvqAZ9nf4jGelweVKKGBwqE_lxB4t79F_-L5sq-4enZ-AZtN4qfL083DOxQptrOfQpXKHN3OLWeZ15BgZ5jNn6_uuD6FN97sFnDKh4Os4MF28MnRfV2L4EVfA0C_3llwcZS5AUatk0cDIAeawm-mtLJMsbp33n2EIDtzjTnyAuM3o

Peters’ new Twin Pole ice cream flavour reminded many shoppers of the Smurfees - an iconic 80’s treat. Credit: news.com.au via Peters.

Peters Ice Cream Marketing Manager Eileen Whitta acknowledged Smurfee's 'cultural footprint' among ice cream fans.

She said: 'Smurfee was such an iconic ice cream and has a special place in our history alongside Twin Pole.'

'We are so excited to share a reimagined version that lovers of the original Smurfee, as well as the younger generation, can enjoy and share.'

Beginning in September, the Twin Pole Blue Raspberry Spider will be sold at all major supermarkets and convenience stores for $7.50 per pack.

Bob Byrne, author of Remember When in Australia, said: 'I have fond memories of enjoying a Smurfee with a friend on a hot summer’s day in the ’80s, it was one of my favourite treats of all time, a memory that I look forward to recreating with the new Twin Pole.'

oy9AYIueffihwybNgIClPhRXKcIZOgAIOHy894a71qiE7L47JcP3xwyKjg4QL6P6n8RcMU2xoFBwZ400z44a6EdY5FnjZm4pwODZg_7CXmnVDMpHxYBcbtpWO3vroJgVN2cP1EqRQsBCBQu4JofXBCt-iXKAi84lNAeR764RNeAXiOga_jxKIVuT

Some people took to social media to express their delight over the release of the new flavour.

One shopper wrote: 'I only saw them in the shops today and said to my daughter that it’s the Smurfee ice-cream and she looked at me as if I was from another planet.'

While the ice cream is technically not identical to the Smurfees, it can still bring nostalgia to many people who experienced tasting the original treat.

There's something about certain foods that can take us back to a different time in our lives. Maybe it's the taste, the smell, or the way it looks.

Whatever it is, certain foods have the power to transport us to another place and time — and it's always a nice feeling.

So, next time you're feeling a little down, why not treat yourself to a blast from the past? You might just find that it's exactly what you need.

Will you be giving this cool treat a try? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
No thanks ☺️

Who remembers the Peters Swoopy icy pole?
Around early-mid 1960s. It cost 4 pence.
It started off at the bottom with a creamy chocolate ice-cream.
When it got to about 1/3 of the way up, it started a blend of orange gelati.
When it got to the top, it was all orange gelati....it was tangy and ever so yummy.

Last edited:
Who remembers the Peter's Swoopy icy pole?
Around mid 1960s. It cost 4 pence.
When it got to the top, it was all orange gelati....it was tangy and ever so yummy.
I think I was too young 😔 it sounds delicious

Reactions: Ezzy and JayKay
What about Sweets Heart I ice-cream, also two in ones and the real Eskimo pies not the ones that are now sold in some supermarkets

Who remembers the Peter's Swoopy icy pole?
Around mid 1960s. It cost 4 pence.

Reactions: JayKay

No, no I won’t want to try it!!

Very possibly give this a try. Twin poles when l was younger were icypoles not icecream.

All the old snacks, treats & delights seem to make a comeback at some time.

Do any readers remember the Redskin icypoles? ( not sure if they are still available ). We ended up with a red tongue & lips, but usually thirst quenching in summer.

Reactions: Suzanne rose