The secret hack to making your bed in no time — "Omg, no way! I need it!"

Imagine waking up in the morning, feeling refreshed and energised after a good night's sleep and then you’re reminded that the bed needs to be made. If you’re anything like us, we seem to flail about in our sleep, pulling the sheets out and making an absolute mess.

We are sure this chore is not something everyone enjoys (if anyone actually enjoys doing it) — it is tedious, time-consuming, arguably unnecessary (depending on who you ask), and rage-inducing, especially when one corner keeps getting untucked no matter how many times you tuck it in.

Sound familiar? Well worry no more!

TikTok user Rachel Meaders, has recently gone viral on the social media platform after sharing her secret to making her bed in no time.

"It takes maybe 15 seconds to do the entire bed," she says in the video.

U_eFIDUyGWROf9lNvjiYf5NsGitS4AK9jhxKzCg4CQPdvSQ0155XPThQbZTRch27EXblO4DnmHgwmBKBv0eIV4M9GV6mpvtgNkV0PWp-EMrBjdDDYZkM34PZ-xZMhd61CF4U6Ec

TikTok user Rachel Meaders revealed a hack that allows you to make the bed in just 15 seconds. Credit: TikTok/Rachel Meaders.

So, what exactly is the hack if you ask?

Rachel shared that she uses a bed sheet tucker from Amazon each time she makes her bed.

Credit: TikTok/Rachel Meaders

"I'm not kidding. We never make our bed without our Tucker tool," she explains.

"It saves my nails when tucking in the fitted and flat sheet under the mattress and into the bed frame."

The bed tucker — which is shaped like a paddle with a knife handle — allows you to tuck the bed sheets into the bed frame without having to lift the mattress.

wGhpwXgYvlsh0q00NwjQ8E5qkNJZQkk8WDjGKx6Bv4aerM5iwAzQzFfFrFRwv-VDC83FNg8dzGHL850i3wPFheq3RgUcE8UHVPwX8b3JfiUlJjiD0PdaoJL9vhPg1lH6LHv_AdY

The bed sheet tucker was designed to allow you to push the bed sheet into the bed frame without having to lift the mattress. Credit: TikTok/Rachel Meaders.

And the TikTok community was raving over the hack, viewing the video more than 6 million times and leaving thousands of comments.

One person wrote: "The Tucker is a must-have for me."

"The sheet tucker is awesome!!!!!" another said.

A third chimed in: "Omg, no way! Need it!"

Rachel also shared that she uses the clamp-on bedside table where she puts her bedtime books and other sleeping aids she uses before sleeping.

We would also like to share this video tutorial on how to make the perfect bed which you only need to do once every two weeks! Sounds too good to be true!

Credit: YouTube/MyChangedLife

Do you know any other tricks to quickly make your bed? Share them with us below!

Reactions: Elise and Lindyloo
Sponsored
I tried to buy this through AMAZON and received many a phone call suggesting my bank won't permit the payment. I decided the product was not worth the angst.

Reactions: Lindyloo
Imagine waking up in the morning, feeling refreshed and energised after a good night's sleep and then you’re reminded that the bed needs to be made. If you’re anything like us, we seem to flail about in our sleep, pulling the sheets out and making an absolute mess.

We are sure this chore is not something everyone enjoys (if anyone actually enjoys doing it) — it is tedious, time-consuming, arguably unnecessary (depending on who you ask), and rage-inducing, especially when one corner keeps getting untucked no matter how many times you tuck it in.

TikTok user Rachel Meaders, has recently gone viral on the social media platform after sharing her secret to making her bed in no time.

U_eFIDUyGWROf9lNvjiYf5NsGitS4AK9jhxKzCg4CQPdvSQ0155XPThQbZTRch27EXblO4DnmHgwmBKBv0eIV4M9GV6mpvtgNkV0PWp-EMrBjdDDYZkM34PZ-xZMhd61CF4U6Ec

TikTok user Rachel Meaders revealed a hack that allows you to make the bed in just 15 seconds. Credit: TikTok/Rachel Meaders.

Rachel shared that she uses a bed sheet tucker from Amazon each time she makes her bed.

"It saves my nails when tucking in the fitted and flat sheet under the mattress and into the bed frame."

The bed tucker — which is shaped like a paddle with a knife handle — allows you to tuck the bed sheets into the bed frame without having to lift the mattress.

wGhpwXgYvlsh0q00NwjQ8E5qkNJZQkk8WDjGKx6Bv4aerM5iwAzQzFfFrFRwv-VDC83FNg8dzGHL850i3wPFheq3RgUcE8UHVPwX8b3JfiUlJjiD0PdaoJL9vhPg1lH6LHv_AdY

The bed sheet tucker was designed to allow you to push the bed sheet into the bed frame without having to lift the mattress. Credit: TikTok/Rachel Meaders.

And the TikTok community was raving over the hack, viewing the video more than 6 million times and leaving thousands of comments.

Rachel also shared that she uses the clamp-on bedside table where she puts her bedtime books and other sleeping aids she uses before sleeping.

We would also like to share this video tutorial on how to make the perfect bed which you only need to do once every two weeks! Sounds too good to be true!

Do you know any other tricks to quickly make your bed? Share them with us below!

Where do you get the paddle from?

Really !!! I learnt how to mitre corners & make a bed properly many decades ago in nursing. I don't need a damn bed tucker because my fingernails are not going to get in the way of making a bed & housework. The younger generation think they are the 1st to do all this stuff. And as for the youtube hotel beds. Bahahahaha. Lady, l would have fired your patootie with those mitred corners. Fail, fail, fail. :eek::oops::unsure:(n)(n)(n)

Really !!! I learnt how to mitre corners & make a bed properly many decades ago in nursing. I don't need a damn bed tucker because my fingernails are not going to get in the way of making a bed & housework. The younger generation think they are the 1st to do all this stuff. And as for the youtube hotel beds. Bahahahaha. Lady, l would have fired your patootie with those mitred corners. Fail, fail, fail. :eek::oops::unsure:(n)(n)(n)
I always do hospital corners, but tucking in the flat sheet can be challenging.

Hmm, a ruler or spatula would do the same job. BUT, this is my pet hate when going to motels, I have to pull the sheets out before going to bed, which, unfortunately, pulls out the bottom sheet too. But better than being a 'burrito'.

I don't know how nobody has posted this yet, so I'll just leave it here:

Seinfeld! How many everyday quotes come from that show! I still “spare a square” everytime I go to the loo! 😆 But back to business…. I (old nurse) too am appalled by the mitred corners and, like George, hate tucked beds. Look nice when you walk in the room but immediately I untuck before I do another thing. 😫

Reactions: Lindyloo
Hmm, a ruler or spatula would do the same job. BUT, this is my pet hate when going to motels, I have to pull the sheets out before going to bed, which, unfortunately, pulls out the bottom sheet too. But better than being a 'burrito'.
Your are right besides if It it was made properly to start with and tucked under it wouldn't pull out so easily.

I'll definitely try and get hold of the 'paddle' as I have a muscle problem and find it difficult lifting the mattress high enough to tuck in the sheet/blanket/whatever . I also only tuck in the bottom end - I'm with George on this issue! ;)

Nice if you have a light mattress like that. Mine weighs a ton

could not agree more --- just wasted my time watching rubbish

• Love
Reactions: Gaena and ElleJay
Nothing new about this. As a Nursing trainee in 1963, I learned to do hospital corners. I still make beds like this every day, except the doona is only tucked in at the bottom. 59 years of well-made beds. We also faced the pillows opening away from the door. A little anal, but it did look great.