SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
The SDC Product Review Competition

Well hello there members!

You know here at the SDC we love a good competition, and we know you lot do too, because you get the chance to win a $100 voucher and who doesn’t love that?!

This month’s competition is quite unique (you know we like things a little different around here). We want you to submit a 100-word review of your absolute favourite product from either Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA.

Yep, you read that correctly. Tell us in 100 words or less why this specific product from Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA is your favourite. You need to include the name of the product, which store you bought it from, it’s price and its weight. If you want, you can even upload a photo of it so we know what to look out for, or a photo of you enjoying it!

The best review will receive a $100 voucher to either Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA so they can buy even more of their favourite product. So get typing members, for your chance to win! We will be announcing the winner on March 18th!

PS. We aren’t going to be super strict with the 100-word count, but try to keep it short and sweet!

Good luck! And Happy Reviewing!

shutterstock_1780311779.jpg

Last edited:
Coles very best product that we have ever purchased was their Boston Bun. Light, fruity, delicious with the best ever creamy icing topping. All this for $3.00. We have purchased many of them from our local Coles at Park Ridge Qld. I cannot show you a photo sadly because they have stopped making them!!! Bring back the Boston Bun, Coles and we will return to shopping at your store.

I buy these for my husband when he is on nightshift.They are quick and easy to just heat up in the microwave and very tasty.
Our local Coles in Ipswich always has a supply of them on hand

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-17-07-25-36-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-17-07-25-36-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
Coles home brand Bagels, sliced in 2, lightly toasted then topped with smashed avocado & fetta cheese topping. With a bit of lemon juice & pepper to finish. Add a freshly brewed coffee & you are living the dream.

• Love
Coles have made an exotic range of Hot Cross Buns for Easter! Yes a tad too early but they are incredible! Of course the Vegemite variety must be a favourite. Moist , luxuriant and that subtle taste of V mite! Of course the only extra thing to add would be a spread of thick butter and the new cream cheese Vegemite to boot! That’s Livin!8491048C-0292-49CA-A7EC-B8D853DFDDD5.jpeg

Attachments

• 723EE329-3356-4A0E-BA8B-A0511EE52ABE.jpeg
    723EE329-3356-4A0E-BA8B-A0511EE52ABE.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
I discovered Coles Avocado Mayonnaise (359G) and I love it on Chicken and Fried Rice, so I will be buying it in Winter and Summer

• Love
Aldi’s Roti Paratha flatbreads are a perfect accompaniment to a curry meal. They are as good as you’d get in an Indian Restaurant in my opinion. So easy to prepare. Spray a pan with a little oil, cook from frozen in about 3-4 minutes and taste scrummo! $3.49 for 8 - Bargain! Try them, you’ll love them.

Attachments

• 3F2C069F-AD1C-45A2-AACE-F98A2DE4E6AF.jpeg
    3F2C069F-AD1C-45A2-AACE-F98A2DE4E6AF.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Love
I suppose that many members for sure Go like me to their local Aldi store Once a fortnight my ECH helper takes me shopping She is great and keeps me hopping With my shopping list in her hand We are soon at my favourite brand This is $4-99 smooth blue veined cheese To many people it's taste does not please As we go from brand to brand in different aisles My trolley fills with my desires And as we finally get to the end Our goods are duly scanned My helper and I play a little game to see Who can guess the closest to the total fee

• Love
In the bakery area of Woolworths there are gems…..Portuguese Tarts. They come in reliable packages of 4 that keep them fresh for days. The custard is delicious and the pastry is light. Portuguese Tarts are now easier to buy than ever before, but the value for money of these is remarkable. They are so popular that you need to buy early in the day, and only cost $6 per pack.

• Love
The SDC Product Review Competition

Well hello there members!

You know here at the SDC we love a good competition, and we know you lot do too, because you get the chance to win a $100 voucher and who doesn’t love that?!

This month’s competition is quite unique (you know we like things a little different around here). We want you to submit a 100-word review of your absolute favourite product from either Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA.

Yep, you read that correctly. Tell us in 100 words or less why this specific product from Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA is your favourite. You need to include the name of the product, which store you bought it from, it’s price and its weight. If you want, you can even upload a photo of it so we know what to look out for, or a photo of you enjoying it!

The best review will receive a $100 voucher to either Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA so they can buy even more of their favourite product. So get typing members, for your chance to win! We will be announcing the winner on March 18th!

PS. We aren’t going to be super strict with the 100-word count, but try to keep it short and sweet!

Good luck! And Happy Reviewing!

I buy Nerada tea bags. They make a fantastic cup of tea (I use English Breakfast) and are reasonably priced. The tea is grown in Queensland so all Aussie. I buy mine from Woolworths and the price is $5.60 for 200 bags at present which I think is quite cheap.

• Love
I love Vaalia French vanilla yoghurt that I get from my local Coles store
it can last me nearly a week before I need to go back for some more
a 900g tub suits me the best as I just eat it straight from the tub
i don’t have to share it with anyone so there’s no dirty dishes to scrub
it may not be the cheapest but once you’ve tried it you will see
that $5.50 is very well spent and I think you will then agree
if you have not already tried it then I recommend that you do
you won’t be disappointed and I’m sure you’ll be a fan too

Attachments

• 7D271962-1CDA-4E15-982E-CA9A7206E42C.jpeg
    7D271962-1CDA-4E15-982E-CA9A7206E42C.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
I regularly buy Coles Kitchen single serve meals to microwave for dinner. They are healthy, fresh and tasty as well as coming in a large variety. My favourite is Fettuccine Carbonara.

• Love
Aldi's frozen Potato Gratins are fabulous. Cook them in the oven, toaster oven or frypan. Add a little butter to the top. Plain or spinach varieties are great. Such an easy and tasty way to serve potato.

Attachments

• 1 Potato-gratin.jpeg
    1 Potato-gratin.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 0
I wake up with the fragrance of toasted Tip Top bread made with pieces of Cranberries and dessicated coconut. This bread is marked as Limited Edition and are sold like hot cakes. I generally go at 7 am due to the limited stock in Coles, Bentleigh.

• Love
I enjoy roses lime marmalade usually bought at Woolworths. It’s hard to find a nice marmalade and this one isn’t too sweet and it has that lovely lime tang when you bite into a piece of toast with butter and lime marmalade.

SARD COLOUR CATCHERS. I have to sing the praises of this product as it has been a game changer for me. I got to test this product many many years ago and loved it immediately. I always separated my whites from darks and colours so this product lets me do a full load instead of smaller loads. The directions say use 1 sheet but depending on ratio of whites to darks I sometimes put in 2 or maybe 3 sheets but I use them again as they aren't completely used. In photo is 1 new sheet and I used 2 sheets in the wash that had 3/4 dark clothes.
They are available at Coles, Woolworths and IGA but not at Aldi

Attachments

• IMG_8671 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_8671 Medium.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 3
This is the best thread ever. Every single product I haven't tried before myself, I feel like I've stumbled across some hidden treasure! I love raisin bread but didn't know there was a cranberry and coconut version @Oscar C. Lobo this sounds incredible!

I also have at least one to two cups of tea a day, but @Lorraine Rea I had no idea Nerada tea was grown in Aus, I'll be switching up my tea bags for sure! @Bentley I have never tried Vaalia but usually have yogurt at least once a day for the health benefits. I usually grab the 'yopro' but I don't really like the texture as it is a bit harder (?) so will mostly certainly be giving this a try!

@Iggydi I had NO idea colour catcher was even a thing! Have I been living under a rock or what?!

This is the best thread ever. Every single product I haven't tried before myself, I feel like I've stumbled across some hidden treasure! I love raisin bread but didn't know there was a cranberry and coconut version @Oscar C. Lobo this sounds incredible!

I also have at least one to two cups of tea a day, but @Lorraine Rea I had no idea Nerada tea was grown in Aus, I'll be switching up my tea bags for sure! @Bentley I have never tried Vaalia but usually have yogurt at least once a day for the health benefits. I usually grab the 'yopro' but I don't really like the texture as it is a bit harder (?) so will mostly certainly be giving this a try!

@Iggydi I had NO idea colour catcher was even a thing! Have I been living under a rock or what?!
There are 2 brands of Colour Catchers but Sard are far better the other one is by Vanish Colour Absorber and they are smaller and don't seem to catch as much colour leaving your clothes a bit blah