The Chase Australia: Meet 'The Smiling Assassin', the show's youngest ever Chaser!

The Chase Australia, which airs on Channel Seven and 7Plus, is getting ready to introduce a brand-new member to the team.

Mara Lejins, also known as 'The Smiling Assassin', will make her debut on August 8, 2022, after the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.

At the age of 27, she is reportedly the youngest Chaser in Australia's history.

3K23fQYOAvkqxYuDATB53Aqr8FVITWaS0sHUH-sZSQhYyps48pDbl_g0V62iMHz5s-pMvsd_F_F79eSVHc6mH4UOm5WqX7zkTfrTD0PAYrsOZI03hdrgjf2m1xPtoPASpIiGLSn-lBijTccTXxp8wLY

All smiles as The Chase Australia welcomes its newest chaser, 'The Smiling Assassin'. Credit: Seven.

Mara has been described as the 'newest, smartest, and blondest Chaser in town,' and she will join the ranks of current quiz experts such as 'The Shark' (Brydon Coverdale), 'Goliath' (Matt Parkinson), 'The Supernerd' (Issa Schultz), 'The Governess' (Anne Hegerty), 'The Tiger Mum' (Cheryl Toh) and 'The Beast' (Mark Labbett).

'I only smile when I'm trying to take down contestants - that's why I'm always smiling,' the 27-year-old says with a grin.

Despite her innocent appearance, 'The Smiling Assassin' is always prepared to eliminate any competition.

The newest member of the Chasers may appear like Elle Woods from Legally Blonde with her blond hair and pink dress, but it would be a fatal mistake to take underestimate her.

Credit: Seven Network.

After Andrew O'Keefe left the show last year, Larry Emdur took over as host.

Emdur has been a big fan of quiz shows for most of his working life. At the time, he said that the chance to host one of the best TV formats was a dream come true.

'I'm thrilled to be the new host of The Chase, and I can't wait to see the look on my mum's face when she hears me saying all those big words,' said Emdur.

'I'm excited to be starting on Monday during the Olympics. Mind you, any of the Chasers will happily tell you this show IS the Olympics of quizzing.'

He added, 'I felt reasonably composed during the shows until The Governess started flirting with me, then it all kind of fell apart.'

Emdur, who has hosted numerous game shows before (including Wheel of Fortune and a record-breaking 1,500 episodes of The Price Is Right), gets ringside seats to the amazing brainpower of The Chase Australia's participants.

xi9t75N24QmLLfDRQg9NsrKtAEfn5LEuOzrMu9WHFyoi0TKpuLXZTVdJHPJkzp_dglgmxcMedi2vsfSdRxkcTcfbnvuBlBM36jSU5js0hC4wOcNNcV8Krg77AYoRa2cEg88oZTNg_deUVHebHXW9QMA

Larry Emdur's first appearance on The Chase will be on Monday at 5:30 pm on Seven. Credit: TV Tonight.

The Chase Australia consistently ranks among the top 20 daily metro market programmes. The show received 532,000 views on August 1 and was placed 12th overall, in the thick of the Commonwealth Games activity.

ITV Studios Australia is responsible for producing The Chase Australia for the Seven Network. The show is modelled after the original version of The Chase, which aired on ITV in the United Kingdom.

Members, if you're interested in watching The Chase Australia, it airs at 5:00 pm on Channel 7 and 7Plus every weekday, so make sure to tune in! Now, members, who is your favourite Chaser?

Sponsored
The Chase Australia, which airs on Channel Seven and 7Plus, is getting ready to introduce a brand-new member to the team.

Mara Lejins, also known as 'The Smiling Assassin', will make her debut on August 8, 2022, after the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.

At the age of 27, she is reportedly the youngest Chaser in Australia's history.

3K23fQYOAvkqxYuDATB53Aqr8FVITWaS0sHUH-sZSQhYyps48pDbl_g0V62iMHz5s-pMvsd_F_F79eSVHc6mH4UOm5WqX7zkTfrTD0PAYrsOZI03hdrgjf2m1xPtoPASpIiGLSn-lBijTccTXxp8wLY

All smiles as The Chase Australia welcomes its newest chaser, 'The Smiling Assassin'. Credit: Seven.

Mara has been described as the 'newest, smartest, and blondest Chaser in town,' and she will join the ranks of current quiz experts such as 'The Shark' (Brydon Coverdale), 'Goliath' (Matt Parkinson), 'The Supernerd' (Issa Schultz), 'The Governess' (Anne Hegerty), 'The Tiger Mum' (Cheryl Toh) and 'The Beast' (Mark Labbett).

'I only smile when I'm trying to take down contestants - that's why I'm always smiling,' the 27-year-old says with a grin.

Despite her innocent appearance, 'The Smiling Assassin' is always prepared to eliminate any competition.

The newest member of the Chasers may appear like Elle Woods from Legally Blonde with her blond hair and pink dress, but it would be a fatal mistake to take underestimate her.

Credit: Seven Network.

After Andrew O'Keefe left the show last year, Larry Emdur took over as host.

Emdur has been a big fan of quiz shows for most of his working life. At the time, he said that the chance to host one of the best TV formats was a dream come true.

'I'm thrilled to be the new host of The Chase, and I can't wait to see the look on my mum's face when she hears me saying all those big words,' said Emdur.

'I'm excited to be starting on Monday during the Olympics. Mind you, any of the Chasers will happily tell you this show IS the Olympics of quizzing.'

He added, 'I felt reasonably composed during the shows until The Governess started flirting with me, then it all kind of fell apart.'

Emdur, who has hosted numerous game shows before (including Wheel of Fortune and a record-breaking 1,500 episodes of The Price Is Right), gets ringside seats to the amazing brainpower of The Chase Australia's participants.

xi9t75N24QmLLfDRQg9NsrKtAEfn5LEuOzrMu9WHFyoi0TKpuLXZTVdJHPJkzp_dglgmxcMedi2vsfSdRxkcTcfbnvuBlBM36jSU5js0hC4wOcNNcV8Krg77AYoRa2cEg88oZTNg_deUVHebHXW9QMA

Larry Emdur's first appearance on The Chase will be on Monday at 5:30 pm on Seven. Credit: TV Tonight.

The Chase Australia consistently ranks among the top 20 daily metro market programmes. The show received 532,000 views on August 1 and was placed 12th overall, in the thick of the Commonwealth Games activity.

ITV Studios Australia is responsible for producing The Chase Australia for the Seven Network. The show is modelled after the original version of The Chase, which aired on ITV in the United Kingdom.

Members, if you're interested in watching The Chase Australia, it airs at 5:00 pm on Channel 7 and 7Plus every weekday, so make sure to tune in! Now, members, who is your favourite Chaser?

Dumb show...never seen any contestants win any money yet!

Reactions: Ricci
To me, this is the start of my day watching channel 7 (the only channel I ever watch.) At my age I like to try to answer the questions before the contestants I am reasonably good at remembering things learned from childhood when in England when general knowledge was a lesson in our school curriculum. You remember things learned from a young age. I also do daily Quizzes online. I can't let my brain go to sleep. I so love my quizzes.

The new smiling assassin was instantly off putting, overly arrogant and unlikable. Next...

She was a contestant on a show a few years ago, something like "Beat the Chaser".....can't remember.
Mara did beat Issa back then.
Can't say I really enjoyed her or warmed to her the other night, but maybe she'll settle in to the role.
She hasn't been on since the introductory night.
Maybe I was miserable about the death of Judith Durham then Olivia Newton-John?