ScUmo must surely be on this list. Can't think of one positive thing to
say about him. He was and still is largely a narcissist, a liar, dishonest,
Self serving and I Could go on but I won't
Far worse than Scomo was Bob Hawke! He wanted to be king of Australia with his false bonhomie. While all the time stuffing up Australian manufacturing & pride in a good day's work turning out many people from their own businesses & homes by reducing the tariffs on imported goods from Asia now we rely on the Asians goodwill to buy almost everything because of the Hawke / Keeting era! I know first hand as I was one of the people who lost both home & business because of their policies.

Language is a man-made construct, not something set in stone. So is there really any point to arguing semantics about the definition of "nation" and how it applies to the Aboriginal people. Particularly when that wasn't even the original topic under discussion; it was prime ministers, wasn't it?

Reactions: Suzanne rose
It's sad to see how many Australians have no idea who our former Prime Ministers were.

If someone asked an Australian who was our first Prime Minister they wouldn't be able to answer.

Maybe they should bring Australian history as a compulsory subject to be taught in Prinary school.

I stayed at the Hydro Majestic in Medlow Bath Katoomba , which is supposed to be the most haunted Hotel in Australia.
This is the Hotel that our first Prime Minister passed away in

Death occurred at the Hydro Majestic, Medlow Bath, before he left the bathroom after taking his morning bath. Heart failure is given as the cause, but he had been in indifferent health for some time.

Supposedly, ghosts still haunt its interior (one could be Australia’s first prime minister Sir Edmund Barton, who died from heart failure here in 1920). But the Hydro is perhaps most haunted by Foy himself.
I've stayed at the Hydro I felt no ghostly spirits

I agree with jo Jo’s, Albanese has no plan , they just make it up as they go.
Also Turnbull knocked on the door of the Labour Party , they did not want him and then went to the Liberals Bad choice
Albanese wants to be in the good books with the indigenous people with his crocodile tears .as long as he get the votes..

Reactions: Nana Zorak
I’m sure all former prime ministers become forgotten within a few years of leaving office, after all, who wants to remember anyone who did nothing for the country or its people. They are usually too busy with their snouts in the trough and maximising their own agendas to care about anyone but themselves.

It's sad to see how many Australians have no idea who our former Prime Ministers were.

If someone asked an Australian who was our first Prime Minister they wouldn't be able to answer.

Maybe they should bring Australian history as a compulsory subject to be taught in Prinary school.

I stayed at the Hydro Majestic in Medlow Bath Katoomba , which is supposed to be the most haunted Hotel in Australia.

Death occurred at the Hydro Majestic, Medlow Bath, before he left the bathroom after taking his morning bath. Heart failure is given as the cause, but he had been in indifferent health for some time.

Supposedly, ghosts still haunt its interior (one could be Australia’s first prime minister Sir Edmund Barton, who died from heart failure here in 1920). But the Hydro is perhaps most haunted by Foy himself.
I remember the Hydro majestic in the 50s & 60s, it was quite austere but beautiful with the most marvelous paintings along the verandah looking down the valley. My daughter took me there for a holiday to remember the "old" days, It is horrible, most of the ornate ceilings, paintings etc are gone, replaced by black and red interior, suddenly were mobbed by bus loads of Chinese screeching and pushing. It was a holiday I will never forget and never want to do again. let my memories do the walking! I think the haunting is the hordes of Chinese in busloads!

I’m sure all former prime ministers become forgotten within a few years of leaving office, after all, who wants to remember anyone who did nothing for the country or its people. They are usually too busy with their snouts in the trough and maximising their own agendas to care about anyone but themselves.
Maximizing their pensions of $250,000 for life and then being able to work as well as collect their pension. They cant relate to the average Australian who has worked at least 50 years of their lives for a pittance.

I agree with jo Jo’s, Albanese has no plan , they just make it up as they go.
Also Turnbull knocked on the door of the Labour Party , they did not want him and then went to the Liberals Bad choice
Albanese wants to be in the good books with the indigenous people with his crocodile tears .as long as he get the votes..
Albo wants to be everyone's best friend, that is why he is bringing in the divisive "Voice" change to Parliament. Everything is hidden. no real information is being given to the public. The public will not know the ramifications until it is too late as an indigenous woman, I feel it will be an apartheid voice and will divide the nation. I thought "We are one, yet we are many....

to answer your last question first, we can not know the answer to that question JayEdGeep. Reason why? Over the past 60,000 years and more, there have been at least a DOZEN catastrophic events that have hit our Earth and wiped out almost EVERY living thing on this Planet, NOT just the dinosaurs! But our Indigenous First Nation People survived these events and RECORDED them in their Oral History and their Rock Art!?

Paleontologists and Archaeologists LOVE to talk about 'things' they have dug up from " OVER 2,000 years ago... or even 3,000 !" ignoring the facts that 'civilization' is possibly many, MANY more 1,000's of years more ANCIENT than their small minds are able to comprehend!

A few years ago, my son was an underground diamond driller for deBears, up in the Arctic Circle, and from one mile down, he brought to the surface a piece of wood that was later dated to being 50 million years old! It WAS NOT petrified! It looked and felt like it was just felled. The Earth holds Her secrets close to her chest.

So back to your 1st question - Our First Nation people MIGHT have actually been the Nation's first people - or not! we can NEVER know the answer. I fully recommend Tim Flannery's book "The Future Eaters". I know you will find it riveting and full of answers for more of your questions I know that you have.
P.S Please vote 'yes' and give us back our Voice <3
There are already 11 Indigenous members of Parliament, have you not been keeping up with the times nana?

I remember the Hydro majestic in the 50s & 60s, it was quite austere but beautiful with the most marvelous paintings along the verandah looking down the valley. My daughter took me there for a holiday to remember the "old" days, It is horrible, most of the ornate ceilings, paintings etc are gone, replaced by black and red interior, suddenly were mobbed by bus loads of Chinese screeching and pushing. It was a holiday I will never forget and never want to do again. let my memories do the walking! I think the haunting is the hordes of Chinese in busloads!
I went maybe 4 years ago , the views over the Metalong valley were beautiful but also sad as 6 months earlier my friend went walking on the track behind the Hydro Majestic never to be found

I've stayed at the Hydro I felt no ghostly spirits
Apparently they have been seen in the dining room. I didn't see anything but I felt it . When I stayed there I never knew about the so-called hauntings . I never found that out until I arrived home.

I felt it as I was walking up the stairs to our room.

I also feel there is something in the Metalong Valley.

Reactions: Nanna Josephine

Oh, yes please. Our history, all 65,000 years should be taught in school.

Bob Hawk was our most Popular Prime minister and ranked 2nd as best over all prime minister.

according to historians and political scientists​

Survey of 66 political scientists and historians, 2020 vs 2010, Australia.
2020 RankingPrime MinisterRatings2010 ranking
1John Curtin49 outstanding1
2Bob Hawke45 outstanding/1 failure2
3Alfred Deakin39 outstanding3
4Ben Chifley33 outstanding4
5Robert Menzies28 outstanding/3 failure5
6Paul Keating19 outstanding8
7Gough Whitlam18 outstanding6
8Andrew Fisher10 outstanding7
9John Howard19 outstanding/4 failure9
10Edmund Barton2 outstanding10