Watch out the scammers also claim to be from NBN, who are a Wholesaler and DO NOT DEAL DIRECT with the public. Ask them how they got your number as this not only puts them on the back foot but also makes them aware yoo are onto them. All our family numbers are now listed on the Do Not Call register. This has slowed down the number of calls. Hanging up on them only doesn't make a difference to them trying again
Being listed on the "Do Not Call Register", hasn't stopped them in the least. I am getting at least 3-4 calls like that daily. When they say that there is something wrong with my internet, I just tell them than I don't have internet (which I do) and hang up

What I often do with scam calls is put my phone down and let them ramble on. When they realize they are talking to themselves they hang up. After a couple of minutes I hang up to clear my line. They are paying for the call.

Join the conversation

News, deals, games, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.

Seniors Discount Club

The SDC searches for the best deals, discounts, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.
  1. New members
  2. Jokes & fun
  3. Photography
  4. Nostalgia / Yesterday's Australia
  5. Food and Lifestyle
  6. Money Saving Hacks
  7. Offtopic / Everything else
  • We believe that retirement should be a time to relax and enjoy life, not worry about money. That's why we're here to help our members make the most of their retirement years. If you're over 60 and looking for ways to save money, connect with others, and have a laugh, we’d love to have you aboard.
  • Advertise with us

User Menu

Enjoyed Reading our Story?

• Share this forum to your loved ones.
Change Weather Postcode×
Change Petrol Postcode×