Take a look at this Qantas's aircraft's stunning new design!

Change is a constant in life, and when it comes to a beloved airline like Qantas, even the slightest shift in appearance can pique curiosity.

The airline has unveiled a fresh look that goes beyond mere aesthetics; it pays homage to a rich cultural heritage.

Qantas is set to introduce a new look to its fleet with the upcoming launch of its first A220 aircraft.

Departing from the iconic red kangaroo design, the new QantasLink plane was revealed in Canada, showcasing a vibrant blue and green Indigenous design.

Although the signature kangaroo remains, it's now presented in white against the captivating backdrop.

401717502_326640270000003_8462152648862947036_n.jpg
The QantasLink A220 aircraft is set to part ways with its iconic flying red kangaroo logo, making way for a new aesthetic featuring a blue and green Indigenous design. Image source: Facebook/Airline Secrets Exposed

The aircraft, adorned with the artwork of Pitjantjatjara artist Maringka Baker, is named after the Indigenous creation story ‘Minyma Kutjara Tjukurpa – The Two Sisters’.

The new A220 aircraft is scheduled to operate initially between Melbourne and Canberra.

The intricate Indigenous design, applied over two weeks by a team of around 100 painters using 130 stencils, features over 20,000 dots, making it Airbus' most complex livery for this aircraft type.

It is the sixth addition to Qantas’ Flying Art Series, a tradition dating back to 1994. This underscores the airline's strong commitment to featuring Indigenous art.

The A220 is also the first of 29 to replace QantasLink's Boeing 717s, offering improved fuel efficiency, fewer emissions, and reduced noise levels.

It is also the 12th new aircraft delivered to the airline group in the last year, comprising eight Airbus A321LR planes for Jetstar and three Boeing 787 Dreamliners for Qantas International.

Balarinji, collaborating with First Nations artists, played a pivotal role in designing the liveries for Qantas' Flying Art Series.

photo (5).jpg
The QantasLink A220 designed by Indigenous Australian agency Balarinji, will soon fly between Melbourne and Canberra, joining the fleet later this year. Image source: Facebook/Airline Secrets Exposed

Qantas Group CEO Vanessa Hudson expressed excitement about the potential impact of the new aircraft on domestic travel.

‘These aircraft have the potential to change how our customers travel across the country, with the ability to connect any two cities or towns in Australia,’ said Ms Hudson.

‘That means faster and more convenient travel for business trips and exciting new possibilities for holiday travel.’

‘A whole new fleet type also means a lot of opportunities for our people to operate and look after these aircraft.’

With the ability to connect various cities and towns across Australia, these A220s are hailed as game-changers, offering faster and more convenient travel options for both business and leisure.

As the A220 is ferried to Australia later this year, anticipation builds for its entry into service in early 2024, marking a significant milestone for Qantas' evolving fleet.
Key Takeaways

• Qantas has launched its new look for its first A220 aircraft, replacing the iconic flying red kangaroo design with a blue and green Indigenous design.
  • The aircraft artwork is by Pitjantjatjara artist Maringka Baker and is named after an Indigenous story of creation: ‘Minyma Kutjara Tjukurpa’. This is Qantas' sixth aircraft that joins their Flying Art Series.
  • The A220 uses significantly less fuel, generates fewer emissions and is quieter than the older aircraft it will replace.
  • This new aircraft is the first of 29 A220s that will eventually replace QantasLink's Boeing 717s. It has been referred to as a 'game-changer' for domestic travel by Qantas Group CEO Vanessa Hudson.
Members, how do you like this new look for Qantas A220 aircraft? Share your views in the comments below!

Sponsored
Change is a constant in life, and when it comes to a beloved airline like Qantas, even the slightest shift in appearance can pique curiosity.

The airline has unveiled a fresh look that goes beyond mere aesthetics; it pays homage to a rich cultural heritage.

Qantas is set to introduce a new look to its fleet with the upcoming launch of its first A220 aircraft.

Departing from the iconic red kangaroo design, the new QantasLink plane was revealed in Canada, showcasing a vibrant blue and green Indigenous design.

Although the signature kangaroo remains, it's now presented in white against the captivating backdrop.

View attachment 34852
The QantasLink A220 aircraft is set to part ways with its iconic flying red kangaroo logo, making way for a new aesthetic featuring a blue and green Indigenous design. Image source: Facebook/Airline Secrets Exposed

The aircraft, adorned with the artwork of Pitjantjatjara artist Maringka Baker, is named after the Indigenous creation story ‘Minyma Kutjara Tjukurpa – The Two Sisters’.

The new A220 aircraft is scheduled to operate initially between Melbourne and Canberra.

The intricate Indigenous design, applied over two weeks by a team of around 100 painters using 130 stencils, features over 20,000 dots, making it Airbus' most complex livery for this aircraft type.

It is the sixth addition to Qantas’ Flying Art Series, a tradition dating back to 1994. This underscores the airline's strong commitment to featuring Indigenous art.

The A220 is also the first of 29 to replace QantasLink's Boeing 717s, offering improved fuel efficiency, fewer emissions, and reduced noise levels.

It is also the 12th new aircraft delivered to the airline group in the last year, comprising eight Airbus A321LR planes for Jetstar and three Boeing 787 Dreamliners for Qantas International.

Balarinji, collaborating with First Nations artists, played a pivotal role in designing the liveries for Qantas' Flying Art Series.

View attachment 34853
The QantasLink A220 designed by Indigenous Australian agency Balarinji, will soon fly between Melbourne and Canberra, joining the fleet later this year. Image source: Facebook/Airline Secrets Exposed

Qantas Group CEO Vanessa Hudson expressed excitement about the potential impact of the new aircraft on domestic travel.

‘These aircraft have the potential to change how our customers travel across the country, with the ability to connect any two cities or towns in Australia,’ said Ms Hudson.

‘That means faster and more convenient travel for business trips and exciting new possibilities for holiday travel.’

‘A whole new fleet type also means a lot of opportunities for our people to operate and look after these aircraft.’

With the ability to connect various cities and towns across Australia, these A220s are hailed as game-changers, offering faster and more convenient travel options for both business and leisure.

As the A220 is ferried to Australia later this year, anticipation builds for its entry into service in early 2024, marking a significant milestone for Qantas' evolving fleet.
Key Takeaways

• Qantas has launched its new look for its first A220 aircraft, replacing the iconic flying red kangaroo design with a blue and green Indigenous design.
  • The aircraft artwork is by Pitjantjatjara artist Maringka Baker and is named after an Indigenous story of creation: ‘Minyma Kutjara Tjukurpa’. This is Qantas' sixth aircraft that joins their Flying Art Series.
  • The A220 uses significantly less fuel, generates fewer emissions and is quieter than the older aircraft it will replace.
  • This new aircraft is the first of 29 A220s that will eventually replace QantasLink's Boeing 717s. It has been referred to as a 'game-changer' for domestic travel by Qantas Group CEO Vanessa Hudson.
Members, how do you like this new look for Qantas A220 aircraft? Share your views in the comments below!

I guess the point is, and I think you are to stupid to understand, that people receiving the aged pension have paid their taxes for 50 years and saved in Superannuation accounts so they could have a comfortable retirement and only receive a pension according to how much Super they have. That is not wasting tax payers money.
With your attitude I hope you don’t put up your hand for the Pension assuming you make it to that age!
WOW! Resorting to a personal attack. Never claimed to be an Einstein - do you?

The interpretation is interesting. I was speaking to the point that we pay out a lot of money in benefits, across a broad section of needs and as a society we all benefit from that, be it indigenous, aged, sickness, disability support etc. If we did not cover all bases as best as can budget for, people from all walks of life would fall down. Hospitals would be overloaded, GPs, Ambulance Service, Police Service and just about every service would be inadequate, crime would be much worse, people would die at a much greater rate, etc. One disadvantaged sector does not deserve more or less assistance than the other. Unless, of course, there is an attitude of more in MY pot, so I can get more gnarly fingers in the cookie jar.

What a nasty piece of work you are!

I guess the point is, and I think you are to stupid to understand, that people receiving the aged pension have paid their taxes for 50 years and saved in Superannuation accounts so they could have a comfortable retirement and only receive a pension according to how much Super they have. That is not wasting tax payers money.
With your attitude I hope you don’t put up your hand for the Pension assuming you make it to that age!
As a side note and because you condescend - I am fairly confident that for at least 25 of your 50 years I have paid more in taxes per annum (can you count 6 digits) than you have grossed in any of those years, so don’t think you can lecture me about working and paying taxes. I may be stupid, but not as stupid as some.

Reactions: havingadoggyday
I don’t mind the design or the green but I would just really appreciate more legroom and the comfort it brings on any flight. I’m tired of having cramped space even in Premium Economy it’s been reduced.
Come on Qantas you can do it better.

View attachment 34852

View attachment 34853

Key Takeaways

indigenous culture isinteresting and varied , but does it have to be shoved down our throat constantly , by street , city and place name changes , smoking ceremonies , welcoming ceremonies every time we go to the football , fireworks or watch parliament open , and be told that this land ' always is , always will be ' , when I can't even get a deed to the house and land that I paid $500,000 for .
If the truth be known the deed you wish for only allows you to occupy the land free of rent to the Crown and to build an improvement (house) on it. You own the improvement, that's all.

What a joke this is, who wants to see all this ridiculous nonsense on our planes? This is making QANTAS and us Australians a laughing stock. I thought things might improve at QANTAS once Joyce was gone, but not so. Get back to our Kangaroo on the tail of our planes.
Giddy up!!!.I have travelled quite a bit and not, do I LOVE seeing "THAT KANGAROO ON THE TAIL OF THE PLANE" when I am on my last flight home to OZ 😃😃😃😃😃😃

View attachment 34852

View attachment 34853

Key Takeaways

This is part of Qantas's world famous art series. This is no.6 of Flying Art aircraft since 1995.
When they fly around the world they have been applauded for their recognition to Australia.
Some of the comments on here are absolutely appalling and you should be ashamed to call yourself Australian! Qantas has been destroyed by the last two CEO's and the 20,000 staff who work for Qantas
are fighting to keep their jobs. When they havent been provided with the right tools or people power
to deliver the quality service they have been recognised for for over 80 years! I'm not a great fan of this paintjob, because every other art series aircraft has kept the red tail, but it certainly is great artwork and its a Qantas Link aircraft that they can be proud of!

Reactions: Knell
Good question! I do not identify as Indigenous either as far as I can search, but can confirm some of my ancestors came with the lot of cretins from UK.
Mine to.
I don’t mind the design or the green but I would just really appreciate more legroom and the comfort it brings on any flight. I’m tired of having cramped space even in Premium Economy it’s been reduced.
Come on Qantas you can do it better.
My thoughts exactly! We flew Qantas last time we went to Perth, it was a direct flight from Hobart so close to 4 hours which husband & I both found to be rather cramped. I was convinced that another row of seats had been squashed in. The poor man across the aisle was very tall & had trouble fitting his legs in.

Go woke, go broke Qantas... It was an overwhelming NO. What part did you not understand

First use of Godwin's Law for 2024! Bravo!
Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies, is an Internet adage asserting: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."
Oh, the internet is your friend - quoting a de-bunked "law/theory". academics are a dime a dozen. Bigoted/racist comments are exactly that - superiority mindset.

This is part of Qantas's world famous art series. This is no.6 of Flying Art aircraft since 1995.
When they fly around the world they have been applauded for their recognition to Australia.
Some of the comments on here are absolutely appalling and you should be ashamed to call yourself Australian! Qantas has been destroyed by the last two CEO's and the 20,000 staff who work for Qantas
are fighting to keep their jobs. When they havent been provided with the right tools or people power
to deliver the quality service they have been recognised for for over 80 years! I'm not a great fan of this paintjob, because every other art series aircraft has kept the red tail, but it certainly is great artwork and its a Qantas Link aircraft that they can be proud of!
I always choose to fly Qantas unless they just don't go were I am going.Sorry Qantas and otr flying kangaroo have a soft spot for me and always will 😍