Shoppers aren’t itching to get their hands on this hilarious Chemist Warehouse Mother’s Day offering — “It gave me a good laugh”

It's that time of year again when we celebrate the special women in our lives - our mothers (and our loved ones and friends who are mothers and grandmothers of course). And what better way to show your appreciation than with a gift from Chemist Warehouse!

But one shopper was left scratching her head after spotting the store's Mother's Day gift suggestions.

Sharing her bizarre find on Facebook, the shopper wrote: "Just what any mother wants! Saw this today at the chemist."

As it turned out, staff members of her local store have placed a sign above the shelves of feminine and intimate hygiene products, which read "What mum really wants this Mother's Day".

KZVXQeDUl1JW-xs0mTN9glaTbxbmYjy6sBaeTQ6yFE_tPYDChfZkJb_o6VFxWHcJNWS2Yq413Jfxu9996JOgDsFs37yPNp8AU13A6x2zH3YstSZN2J9z7NcEMlB3u90yMc-KzCE

The bizarre find sent shoppers into a frenzy of laughter. Credit: Stephanie May Ticks/Facebook.

The items found in the shelves include Vagisil, FemFresh, and Canesten — products that typically treat things like thrush and help women keep their intimate areas fresh and itch-free.

The post captured the attention of users, with many saying that they find the bizarre "offering" hilarious.

One woman wrote: "Do you want a yeast infection? Cause that’s how you get a yeast infection."

"It gave me a good laugh," another said.

Honestly, we're not quite sure what to make of these as Mother's Day gifts.

Maybe the company is trying to be helpful? But we can't imagine many mothers would be thrilled to receive these as presents.

Regardless, it seems that offering "x-rated" gift items on Mother's Day is becoming a popular trend among retailers...

We previously shared an article about how a wand massager sent the internet into a frenzy after shoppers claimed that the item looks similar to a vibrator.

mdZ6BK8DAMfqT_Q3lFzbsNdyRz9XR8Sxp9UeuCIyzfGB3K-olC94f9uD1SsdZX_RG4XZ2uTBWvQgierch5wYeGM4BUhEjjI63aA9uPPjmn_HGhczXGHOBwHQ4mt6UkVCRzNMw3c

Many shoppers pointed out that the wand massager resembles a vibrator. Credit: Coles.

Jokes aside, we wish our members who are grandmothers and great grandmothers an advanced Happy Mother's Day!

What are your thoughts on this Mother’s Day gift suggestion? Is it just an innocent mistake?

Sponsored
Shoppers aren’t itching to get their hands on this hilarious Chemist Warehouse Mother’s Day offering — “It gave me a good laugh”

It's that time of year again when we celebrate the special women in our lives - our mothers (and our loved ones and friends who are mothers and grandmothers of course). And what better way to show your appreciation than with a gift from Chemist Warehouse!

But one shopper was left scratching her head after spotting the store's Mother's Day gift suggestions.

Sharing her bizarre find on Facebook, the shopper wrote: "Just what any mother wants! Saw this today at the chemist."

As it turned out, staff members of her local store have placed a sign above the shelves of feminine and intimate hygiene products, which read "What mum really wants this Mother's Day".

KZVXQeDUl1JW-xs0mTN9glaTbxbmYjy6sBaeTQ6yFE_tPYDChfZkJb_o6VFxWHcJNWS2Yq413Jfxu9996JOgDsFs37yPNp8AU13A6x2zH3YstSZN2J9z7NcEMlB3u90yMc-KzCE

The bizarre find sent shoppers into a frenzy of laughter. Credit: Stephanie May Ticks/Facebook.

The items found in the shelves include Vagisil, FemFresh, and Canesten — products that typically treat things like thrush and help women keep their intimate areas fresh and itch-free.

The post captured the attention of users, with many saying that they find the bizarre "offering" hilarious.

One woman wrote: "Do you want a yeast infection? Cause that’s how you get a yeast infection."

Maybe the company is trying to be helpful? But we can't imagine many mothers would be thrilled to receive these as presents.

Regardless, it seems that offering "x-rated" gift items on Mother's Day is becoming a popular trend among retailers...

We previously shared an article about how a wand massager sent the internet into a frenzy after shoppers claimed that the item looks similar to a vibrator.

mdZ6BK8DAMfqT_Q3lFzbsNdyRz9XR8Sxp9UeuCIyzfGB3K-olC94f9uD1SsdZX_RG4XZ2uTBWvQgierch5wYeGM4BUhEjjI63aA9uPPjmn_HGhczXGHOBwHQ4mt6UkVCRzNMw3c

Many shoppers pointed out that the wand massager resembles a vibrator. Credit: Coles.

Jokes aside, we wish our members who are grandmothers and great grandmothers an advanced Happy Mother's Day!

What are your thoughts on this Mother’s Day gift suggestion? Is it just an innocent mistake?
No innocent mistake, just a good laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci
In my humble opinion Mothers day (and Fathers day come to that) have been blown out of all proportion. Once we got past the hand drawn and coloured cards and maybe a bar of smelly soap I really lost interest. It's just another excuse for retailers to part us from our money with a guilt trip, intimating that the amount spent directly equates to how much you love your Mum.:(

I’ll put it out there! I’d be lost without my Femfresh products, but if my son presented me with anything from this range for Mother’s’ Day, I wouldn’t be happy! I wouldn’t care how beautifully gift wrapped it was. Long gone are the days when I oohed and aahed over a cake of soap wrapped in a face washer from the Mothers’ Day stall at school.
These days, we go out for breakfast, just the two of us, and he brings me flowers. Great!

• Love
Reactions: Ricci